Author Topic: Marco Rubio To Skip Caucus Night In Vegas, Will Campaign In Midwest Instead  (Read 2787 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/23/marco-rubio-to-skip-caucus-night-in-vegas-will-campaign-in-midwest-instead/

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
79%
doesn’t plan to be at his own campaign’s rally tonight after the results of the Nevada caucuses come in, according to his schedule.

Rubio held a caucus day rally in Las Vegas this morning, but will leave Nevada for a rally in Minneapolis this afternoon and an event in Grand Rapids, Michigan this evening. Campaign aides say that was planned. Since the results wouldn’t be clear until late in the evening, they decided to spend valuable time campaigning in other states.

Instead, Rubio supporters in Nevada will gather with Lt. Governor Mark Hutchinson and members of the campaign in Las Vegas this evening at Dom Demarco’s Pizzeria, according to his schedule.

Previously, Rubio has held a rally for supporters to celebrate the election results in the early primary states — even when he placed fifth in the New Hampshire primary.

In South Carolina on Saturday, Rubio celebrated his second place finish, calling it a dramatic comeback for his campaign.

Offline Longiron

The DONORS must have called a meeting or he needs a rest? :silly:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Note that the Cruz campaign didn't start this rumour either, though he'll probably get called a liar and nasty anyway if he tries to deny it.
The Republic is lost.

Offline GAJohnnie

The SEC is next, I would of though he would head South?

Offline NavyCanDo

Nevada is a winner-take-all state, and I think it's already projected that Trump will win Nevada. Political Capital is best spent in States Rubio has a chance of winning on Super Tuesday and going into mid March.  He will give one of his usual great speeches tonight after coming in second, and it may best be done in front of a Super Tuesday crowd of supporters, rather than in front of a Nevada crowd.    Strategy used many many times throughout history.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ArneFufkin

Nevada is a winner-take-all state, and I think it's already projected that Trump will win Nevada. Political Capital is best spent in States Rubio has a chance of winning on Super Tuesday and going into mid March.  He will give one of his usual great speeches tonight after coming in second, and it may best be done in front of a Super Tuesday crowd of supporters, rather than in front of a Nevada crowd.    Strategy used many many times throughout history.

Las Vegas and Reno are corrupt political stink-holes.  SEIU and the other unions fix elections there - aided and abetted by the hospitality industry. 

Offline ArneFufkin

The DONORS must have called a meeting or he needs a rest? :silly:

Do you get a cookie every time you write "DONOR"?

What does that even mean, anyway?  I've lost my ability to speak "Freep" over these years.

Offline GAJohnnie

Ok, just find it odd because Carson's failure to stay for his Iowa party or his NH Party was relentlessly mocked by the Pundit class as proof he is not serious. It makes sense that the race changes dramatically when you have 10 states all voting next Tuesday. That is a whole lot of ground to cover politically.

Offline ArneFufkin

Ok, just find it odd because Carson's failure to stay for his Iowa party or his NH Party was relentlessly mocked by the Pundit class as proof he is not serious. It makes sense that the race changes dramatically when you have 10 states all voting next Tuesday. That is a whole lot of ground to cover politically.

Super Tuesday will tell the tale.   Trump is in the driver's seat, that cannot be denied.  He has the drive-by media in his pocket.

Offline Longiron

What does that even mean, anyway?  I've lost my ability to speak "Freep" over these years.

Try dictionary.com. You might learn something but that is in doubt.  :shrug:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Marco Rubio To Skip Caucus Night In Vegas, Will Campaign In Midwest Instead
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 10:44:47 pm »
Ok, just find it odd because Carson's failure to stay for his Iowa party or his NH Party was relentlessly mocked by the Pundit class as proof he is not serious. ...

Yes, but they like Rubio. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 12:11:38 am »

It's a type of kabab popular in Germany and Turkey.

Donor kebab.

:-P

« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 12:12:10 am by HonestJohn »

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 12:18:09 am »
Try dictionary.com. You might learn something but that is in doubt.  :shrug:

Well, I actually know what the word means.   But - like most Trump cultists - you are unaware of the irony in your labeling and sneering.

Donald Trump has donors - oh yes he does - despite his lies to the contrary.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/10/donald-trump-fec-fundraising-214838

So I will ask you ONCE again:  Why is "donor" a pejorative?   Your boy is the King of crony political donations.  Largely to Democrats I might add.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 12:26:00 am »

He knows his path to the White House does not go through the south.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 12:27:12 am »
It's a type of kabab popular in Germany and Turkey.

Donor kebab.

:-P

That looks like something they'd carve up in "The Flintstones."

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 12:46:45 am »
Super Tuesday will tell the tale.   Trump is in the driver's seat, that cannot be denied.  He has the drive-by media in his pocket.

And once again, the leftist media is trying to force us into selecting the candidate of THEIR choice..... Donald J. Trump.

They know that he will LOSE to Hillary or Bernie, and are champing at the bit to get him the nomination in Cleveland.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2016, 01:00:44 am »
Well, I actually know what the word means.   But - like most Trump cultists - you are unaware of the irony in your labeling and sneering.

Donald Trump has donors - oh yes he does - despite his lies to the contrary.

Arne, he doesn't "lie" about contributions he receives.  He talks about this in his rallies (which I know you don't watch--so you've miss this).  He accepts donations from individuals, most of which are in the $25-$200 range.  Trump feels returning these would be more work than benefit and would insult the small, individual donor.

What Trump does not accept is money from the large donors (and lots of friends have offered $1M or more) or SuperPacs.  He refuses money at those levels because they come with strings attached once he's in office.

Trump's always been truthful about this.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2016, 01:30:53 am »
Arne, he doesn't "lie" about contributions he receives.  He talks about this in his rallies (which I know you don't watch--so you've miss this).  He accepts donations from individuals, most of which are in the $25-$200 range.  Trump feels returning these would be more work than benefit and would insult the small, individual donor.

What Trump does not accept is money from the large donors (and lots of friends have offered $1M or more) or SuperPacs.  He refuses money at those levels because they come with strings attached once he's in office.

Trump's always been truthful about this.

You're exactly right about that. As he explained it, people feel connected to what he's trying to accomplish, they know how important it is and want to invest in his candidacy, so they send money unsolicited to his campaign. What then does he do? Return the $20 to someone who believes in his candidacy and wants to help.

But, of course, haters gonna hate. I expect nothing less in a presidential campaign this important.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2016, 01:54:31 am »
Not only is Rubio a "no show" in the Senate, he's the same in the primary states as well...!

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2016, 05:21:54 am »
Might gain some ground if you actually bothered to check facts rather then just repeated the smear machine talking points then accuse everyone else of being "cultists".

https://www.opensecrets.org/pres16/candidate.php?id=N00023864

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2016, 06:45:19 am »
He's got the south, just wait for the rest!  This isn't regiponal!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02