Author Topic: GOP senator throws Obama's Gitmo plan in the trash  (Read 330 times)

Offline flowers

GOP senator throws Obama's Gitmo plan in the trash
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:56:50 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/270443-pat-roberts-throws-obamas-gitmo-plan-in-the-trash

Sen. Pat Roberts (R-Kan.) responded to President Obama's plan on Tuesday for closing the military prison at Guantanamo Bay by throwing the proposal in the trash.

"This is what I think of the president's plan to send terrorists to the United States," he said in a video posted on Twitter.

He then crumpled up the paper and threw it in the trash.

.@POTUS, this is what I think of the "plan" to close #GITMO and send terrorists to the United States. pic.twitter.com/5ceyu5I2tc
    — Pat Roberts (@SenPatRoberts) February 23, 2016

Obama rolled out his plan on Tuesday, saying he was "absolutely committed to closing the detention facility at Guantanamo." He called on Congress to put aside partisan divisions and act.

ADVERTISEMENT
“When it becomes clear that something is not working as intended when it does not advance our security, we have to change course,” Obama said.

“The detention facility at Guantánamo Bay does not advance our national security. It undermines it. It’s counterproductive to our fight against terrorists.”

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: GOP senator throws Obama's Gitmo plan in the trash
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 01:59:36 am »
Good for you, Mr. Roberts...