Author Topic: Kasich, Carson Vow to Remain in GOP Race  (Read 294 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich, Carson Vow to Remain in GOP Race
« on: February 23, 2016, 08:44:18 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=715731

Newsmax
Kasich, Carson Vow to Remain in GOP Race
Tuesday, February 23, 2016 01:49 PM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

Ohio Gov. John Kasich and retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson are both trailing in the race for the GOP presidential nomination, but neither was giving any signs of backing out on Tuesday before the party caucuses in Nevada.

"We had three elections," Kasich told Fox News' "America's Newsroom" host Martha MacCallum Tuesday. "We have 51 to go. I'm not sure time is running out. We'll do the best we can in the debates. The town halls are what people should keep their eyes on."

And Carson, appearing on Fox News' "Fox & Friends," said that if the race is going to called after just a handful of primaries or caucuses, "why don't we just change the system and we'll say we'll just do it for three or four states and that'll be it."

Both candidates said there is still a long way to go, and that they have far more information to get out to voters, and they believe that now that the number of rivals has been whittled down to just five people, they have more of an opportunity to gather support.

"People are begging me," said Kasich. "They are telling me stuff you wouldn't believe, deep and personal issues about our families, and they say you are the guy offering us the hope and we just keep moving forward."

Further, he pointed out that he didn't get much attention until after his second place finish in New Hampshire, and he's defeating potential Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton in potential match-up polls.

"I'll beat Donald Trump in Ohio," said Kasich. "And we need to have a respectable finish and accumulate delegates as we move forward. At some point you will see the frontrunner stumble in a real way and I think the race will come down to Earth"

Carson, meanwhile, said that when people ask why he stays in the race, despite his single-digit results, he responds that it's a "dynamic game."

"You know, remember the story of the tortoise and the hare," Carson said. "If you give up on the tortoise too early, you have a hare who is exhausted and not too effective."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Kasich, Carson Vow to Remain in GOP Race
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 09:56:52 pm »
Ego.  Massive egos. Both of them.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.