Author Topic: Trump: I'd Like To Punch Him In The Face  (Read 9852 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Trump: I'd Like To Punch Him In The Face
« Reply #75 on: February 24, 2016, 12:42:15 pm »
Anti-Trumpers will run out of venom soon. And then they will have to decide if continuing their attacks against the GOP nominee is their wisest course of action.

However, some of them will up their attacks with worse lies and slander just for spite.

I fully expect the name calling from some to continue right up to the convention in Cleveland and beyond.

They have poisoned the atmosphere here...they have thrown feces and tracked dirt all over the place.

If it keeps up...I'm out of here.  Who the hell needs this?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #76 on: February 24, 2016, 12:52:10 pm »
They have poisoned the atmosphere here...they have thrown feces and tracked dirt all over the place.

I understand what you're saying, buddy. But, you're not going anywhere, Got it?

Do what I've done. Stopped reading from posters who clearly have a persecution complex and go around saying stupid thing like Trump is evil, xenophobic, racist, Mussolini and Hitler rolled into one, you've seen them all, I don't need to go further.

Once you stop reading those, you'll find that you feel better. Don't take the bait, don't take their challenge.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #77 on: February 24, 2016, 02:51:40 pm »
It seems that what Trump keeps saying and doing is why there continue to be 'attacks' on him.

Maybe if he'd control himself and behave as an adult and not a thug, there wouldn't be so much criticism of him, and fear of what he will do to this country if unleashed on us.

As long as he keeps saying things like "I'd like to punch him in the face" to protestors, he's going to be criticized.

He's over the line of decency, over and over and over again.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2016, 03:35:55 pm »

Blame your Dear Leader for that.  The subject of this thread is Trump "joking" about beating up protesters and having them hauled out in a stretcher.  His crowd cheered his exhortation to violence.

Opposition to Trumpism is a righteous cause.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2016, 03:51:27 pm »
And self righteousness is a sin.

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2016, 05:08:39 pm »
It seems that what Trump keeps saying and doing is why there continue to be 'attacks' on him.

Maybe if he'd control himself and behave as an adult and not a thug, there wouldn't be so much criticism of him, and fear of what he will do to this country if unleashed on us.

As long as he keeps saying things like "I'd like to punch him in the face" to protestors, he's going to be criticized.

He's over the line of decency, over and over and over again.

From what I can deduce, Trump's supporters simply don't hear his words the same way that many of us (supporters of others) do.  I don't know if there is some sort of Trump Discernment Filter at work here, but it is quite evident that his expressions are heard very differently by some people than others.

For example, when he calls people "idiots", as he frequently does, his denizens clearly hear it as "silly persons".

Similarly, when Trump uses the words "dumb" and "clown" to describe others, which are two of his other favorite appelations, these terms are heard by his supporters respectively, as "mistaken" and "funny". 

At the same time, it is now more than apparent to me that Trump's entire visage and vocal intonations appear vastly different to his supporters than to his detractors, so that when he appears to the latter group to present a demonically twisted face screaming about what a "stupid, bad, idiotic, foolish failure!" somebody is, what is actually transpiring (unbeknownst to those of us who are not Trumpanistas) is that Donald is beaming like a cherub atop a luminous sunbeam, offering his unsurpassed declarations of love, compassion and kindness to all and sundry.     

Sadly, it is our loss that we cannot hear or see the Trumpian wonderment that has so enlivened others, while we, the unenlightened are left to suffer the fate of experiencing not an inspirational genius, but a bloviating ass.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2016, 05:10:00 pm »
From what I can deduce, Trump's supporters simply don't hear his words the same way that many of us (supporters of others) do.  I don't know if there is some sort of Trump Discernment Filter at work here, but it is quite evident that his expressions are heard very differently by some people than others.

For example, when he calls people "idiots", as he frequently does, his denizens clearly hear it as "silly persons".

Similarly, when Trump uses the words "dumb" and "clown" to describe others, which are two of his other favorite appelations, these terms are heard by his supporters respectively, as "mistaken" and "funny". 

At the same time, it is now more than apparent to me that Trump's entire visage and vocal intonations appear vastly different to his supporters than to his detractors, so that when he appears to the latter group to present a demonically twisted face screaming about what a "stupid, bad, idiotic, foolish failure!" somebody is, what is actually transpiring (unbeknownst to those of us who are not Trumpanistas) is that Donald is beaming like a cherub atop a luminous sunbeam, offering his unsurpassed declarations of love, compassion and kindness to all and sundry.     

Sadly, it is our loss that we cannot hear or see the Trumpian wonderment that has so enlivened others, while we, the unenlightened are left to suffer the fate of experiencing not an inspirational genius, but a bloviating ass.

:thumbsup:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2016, 05:50:55 pm »

You should copyright that, andy! 

I think you have captured perfectly what the majority of us are seeing, and what the minority are imagining.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2016, 06:39:06 pm »
Andy, my screen is smoking here ....

:beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2016, 06:43:07 pm »

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2016, 06:50:40 pm »

goopo

Offline aligncare

« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2016, 07:00:44 pm »

My good friend andy has a gift for words. But his well crafted writings won't change the trajectory of Trump's winning path to the nomination. So sorry that so many dreams will be shattered in Cleveland 5 months from now, when Trump is chosen as the republican party's nominee for president of the United States.  :shrug:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2016, 07:02:32 pm »
My good friend andy has a gift for words. But his well crafted writings won't change the trajectory of Trump's winning path to the nomination. So sorry that so many dreams will be shattered in Cleveland 5 months from now, when Trump is chosen as the republican party's nominee for president of the United States.  :shrug:

We will see who's dreams are shattered 5 months from now! And I'm betting it won't be Andy's!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #88 on: February 24, 2016, 07:46:19 pm »
5 months from now doesn't bother me.

8 months and a week from now does.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2016, 07:53:12 pm »
5 months from now doesn't bother me.

8 months and a week from now does.

Yeah?

Well, if you think any Democrat is going to beat Donald Trump in the Election....please PM me the contact information of your dealer/supplier.

That's some primo weed you're smoking!      :smokin:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2016, 08:15:11 pm »
Yeah?

Well, if you think any Democrat is going to beat Donald Trump in the Election....please PM me the contact information of your dealer/supplier.

Okay that got a big LOL out of this old coger.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2016, 08:16:57 pm »
Yeah?

Why would the Democrats even try to defeat a fellow democrat in the general election?

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2016, 08:27:25 pm »
Why would the Democrats even try to defeat a fellow democrat in the general election?

I don't know....but the Democrat Party has gone full blown Commie, so I don't see any problem.    :laugh:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2016, 09:09:30 pm »
Yeah?

Get out of your bubble, DC, and rejoin the real world.  Trump's perceived by most Americans as unhinged and dangerous.  Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.   And it's a shame, because the Dems are weak this year.  But Trump will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The silver lining, I suppose, is that Trumpism will be repudiated.  But the cost will be enormous.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2016, 09:30:34 pm »
Get out of your bubble, DC, and rejoin the real world.  Trump's perceived by most Americans as unhinged and dangerous.  Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger.   And it's a shame, because the Dems are weak this year.  But Trump will snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The silver lining, I suppose, is that Trumpism will be repudiated.  But the cost will be enormous.   

In the 80s and 90s you couldn't switch on the TV without hearing Donald Trump's name mentioned. And you're telling us that the man that has been leading in the polls for 8-months is unhinged and dangerous? Look in the mirror, dude. (Say, you don't own a long range gun sight, do you? --calm down everyone, that's a joke)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 10:41:22 pm by aligncare »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2016, 10:27:18 pm »
And self righteousness is a sin.

Nice    :smokin:

Offline flowers

« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2016, 10:41:10 pm »
I finally got to hear what he said this morning. He did nothing wrong.  :smokin:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2016, 11:11:17 pm »
I finally got to hear what he said this morning. He did nothing wrong.  :smokin:

I beg to differ. 

No matter what the offender did, saying you'd like to punch the guy in the face is unprofessional at best, and thuggish at worst.

Maybe the minority of voters want a thug as President, but the majority don't.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2016, 01:18:55 am »
Kinda brings to mind something Will Rogers said about meeting the king of England...?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2016, 03:12:54 am »

Therein lies the problem. In less than a generation we have become accepting of bad behavior and rudeness and rage -  even in the man we want to represent the Nation on the world's stage. Doubt me? - just look at the most popular afternoon talk shows and reality TV programs.
We are losing our soul, our national identity that Reagan once referred to as a Shining City On a Hill. If "I'd Like To Punch him in the Face" and talk of taking protestors out on a stretcher, is his example of "Making America Great Again", then I want none of it - for the great experiment is finished.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn