Author Topic: Donald Trump: Don't hand federal lands to states  (Read 1451 times)

Offline flowers

Donald Trump: Don't hand federal lands to states
« on: February 22, 2016, 08:08:14 pm »
article date jan 2016

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-dont-hand-federal-lands-to-states/

Real estate mogul Donald Trump would not let states take control of federal lands, the Republican presidential candidate said in a recent interview.

"I don't like the idea because I want to keep the lands great, and you don't know what the state is going to do," Trump said during a talk with Field & Stream magazine earlier this week.

**nononono*
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:09:34 pm by flowers »

Offline sinkspur

Re: Donald Trump: Don't hand federal lands to states
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 08:10:40 pm »
From his past statements, it's obvious that Trump is not a federalist.  He loves big centralized government.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 08:11:53 pm »
Trump is wrong on this. He is starting to lose me.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 08:11:56 pm »
From his past statements, it's obvious that Trump is not a federalist.  He loves big centralized government.

Until it starts to work against him, then a different personality will come out.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 08:12:16 pm »
"Trump cautioned, however, that states would be unpredictable in maintaining the designated lands.

"I mean, are they going to sell if they get into a little bit of trouble?" Trump asked. "I don't think it's something that should be sold."

He added: "We have to be great stewards of this land. This is magnificent land. And we have to be great stewards of this land."

The billionaire businessman suggested later in the interview that while he was a fan of oil and gas companies drilling and fracking on federal lands, protecting the earth should still be a top priority.

"I'm very much into energy, and I'm very much into fracking and drilling, and we never want to be hostage again to OPEC and go back to where we were. And right now, we're at a very interesting point because right now there's so much energy," Trump said. "And maybe that's an advantage and maybe--actually, it's more of an advantage in terms of your question because we don't have to do the kind of drilling that we did."

"I am for energy exploration, as long as we don't do anything to damage the land. And right now we don't need too much -- there's a lot of energy," he said."

----

More populism.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:12:52 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 08:12:58 pm »
ALL of the facts and evidence I've seen support the idea that Donald Trump is and always has been a liberal DEMOCRAT!
'
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 08:16:24 pm »
"Trump cautioned, however, that states would be unpredictable in maintaining the designated lands.

"I mean, are they going to sell if they get into a little bit of trouble?" Trump asked. "I don't think it's something that should be sold."

He added: "We have to be great stewards of this land. This is magnificent land. And we have to be great stewards of this land."

The billionaire businessman suggested later in the interview that while he was a fan of oil and gas companies drilling and fracking on federal lands, protecting the earth should still be a top priority.

"I'm very much into energy, and I'm very much into fracking and drilling, and we never want to be hostage again to OPEC and go back to where we were. And right now, we're at a very interesting point because right now there's so much energy," Trump said. "And maybe that's an advantage and maybe--actually, it's more of an advantage in terms of your question because we don't have to do the kind of drilling that we did."

"I am for energy exploration, as long as we don't do anything to damage the land. And right now we don't need too much -- there's a lot of energy," he said."

----

More populism.

I guess he hasn't heard of the State Park system.  I also spot a big irony in not wanting to risk any federal lands sold off if they 'get in a little trouble' but he is quick to use the government to force lands from private citizens for his own financial benefit.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:17:38 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 08:46:10 pm »
I live in a state where 61% of the land is owned by the feds. They cut off areas up here from us all the time.