Author Topic: Netanyahu Breaks Long Standing Protocol And Endorses A U.S. Candidate For President  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Netanyahu Breaks Long Standing Protocol And Endorses A U.S. Candidate For President

Posted by Rev. Larry Wallenmeyer on February 22, 2016 at 9:25am in Election 2016

TEL AVIV, ISRAEL: In a nearly unprecedented move, Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu has endorsed a candidate in the 2016 race for President of the United States. Netanyahu made his announcement during an early morning press conference Friday.

Traditionally, the protocol among heads of state has been to steer clear of any and all political endorsement of other candidates or incumbent heads of state, and to not in any way be involved in the elections of other nations.

But perhaps being fueled by anger after recently learning that current U.S. President, Barak Obama has at US taxpayer expense, sent a team of his political operatives into Israel ahead of Israel’s March 17, 2015 elections in an effort to unseat Netanyahu, the Israeli Prime Minister has broken the long standing protocol and gotten involved in the US presidential race.

The Israeli newspaper, Haaretz recently reported that a U.S. taxpayer-funded non-profit by the name of OneVoice has been working inside Israel with a campaign operation called Victory 2015 in a joint effort to unseat Prime Minster Netanyahu, who they view as being“too anti-Islam” and “too hawkish”. Spokespersons for the operations say they intend to replace Netanyahu with a more “liberally progressive” candidate who will be more accommodating to the desires of Islamic nations in the region.

In a sharply damning response to Obama’s involvement in the Israeli election, staunchly pro-Israel U.S. Senator Ted Cruz, R – Texas, and Congressman Lee Zeldin, R – NY -1 sent a letter on Thursday to U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry requesting that Kerry launch an investigation into Obama’s involvement and any U.S. tax dollars being used....

...During his endorsement press conference, Netanyahu said that he respected long standing protocol, but that enough was enough and he had to take political action of his own. “I have been long suffering and patient with the Obama administration. For six years I have been dumbfounded at the level of incompetency, naivety, and rudeness that Obama and his administration exhibit on an almost daily basis. He (Obama) has shown nothing but contempt for Israel and the Israeli people, and shown support and given aid to our enemies. Obama broke protocol first when he sent his thugs over here to try and unseat me. I am not doing this for myself, but for the sake of Israel and the U.S. When facing a bully, there comes a point where you have to hit back, and hit hard.”

Netanyahu continued, “After serious consideration and looking over a very deep and qualified field of potential candidates, I have decided to give my support, my personal endorsement if you will, to Senator Ted Cruz. Ted has been a stalwart supporter of Israel and our people. He is one of the few leaders in the U.S. government with the intestinal fortitude to call terrorism ‘terrorism’, and directly address the threat of radical Islam and a nuclear Iran. Ted has proven to be fearless in fighting against the odds when he must, something I as the leader of a tiny nation surrounded by enemies can relate to.” He concluded, “Over the last two years Ted and I have been in regular contact, we have worked closely together on policy. To say the least, he (Cruz) has been an unwavering ally; and what’s more he’s been a true friend. I would ask the American people, and the freedom loving members of the world community to join me in supporting Ted Cruz as the next U.S President.”

http://teapartyorg.ning.com/forum/topics/netanyahu-breaks-long-standing-protocol-and-endorses-a-u-s

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Netanyahu continued, “After serious consideration and looking over a very deep and qualified field of potential candidates, I have decided to give my support, my personal endorsement if you will, to Senator Ted Cruz. Ted has been a stalwart supporter of Israel and our people. He is one of the few leaders in the U.S. government with the intestinal fortitude to call terrorism ‘terrorism’, and directly address the threat of radical Islam and a nuclear Iran. Ted has proven to be fearless in fighting against the odds when he must, something I as the leader of a tiny nation surrounded by enemies can relate to.” He concluded, “Over the last two years Ted and I have been in regular contact, we have worked closely together on policy. To say the least, he (Cruz) has been an unwavering ally; and what’s more he’s been a true friend. I would ask the American people, and the freedom loving members of the world community to join me in supporting Ted Cruz as the next U.S President.”

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

That is certainly a welcome bit of news for Sen. Cruz!

Offline Paladin

And a major development in the relationship between the US and Israel.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Oh Yeah! It shows that Bibi knows what I and many others know! This is our last chance to turn things around and there is only one man for the job!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
What, not Bernie?

Offline sinkspur

This is a year old.  Bibi did this in January 2015.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
This is impressive.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
What's interesting to me is that you had to go through SEVEN paragraphs before you saw Cruz' name.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

Wait a second here...  I just went back and read this thing closer....

...During his endorsement press conference, Netanyahu said that he respected long standing protocol, but that enough was enough and he had to take political action of his own. “I have been long suffering and patient with the Obama administration. For six years I have been dumbfounded at the level of incompetency, naivety, and rudeness that Obama and his administration exhibit on an almost daily basis. He (Obama) has shown nothing but contempt for Israel and the Israeli people, and shown support and given aid to our enemies. Obama broke protocol first when he sent his thugs over here to try and unseat me. I am not doing this for myself, but for the sake of Israel and the U.S. When facing a bully, there comes a point where you have to hit back, and hit hard.

Is this legit?  I am struggling to believe that Netanyahu actually said this. 

Finally got the page to load, must be a low capacity site.

Well, if this is an actual quote of Netanyahu, then I will wholeheartedly echo Paladin's comment:

« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 09:56:43 pm by katzenjammer »

Offline sinkspur

Wait a second here...  I just went back and read this thing closer....

...During his endorsement press conference, Netanyahu said that he respected long standing protocol, but that enough was enough and he had to take political action of his own. “I have been long suffering and patient with the Obama administration. For six years I have been dumbfounded at the level of incompetency, naivety, and rudeness that Obama and his administration exhibit on an almost daily basis. He (Obama) has shown nothing but contempt for Israel and the Israeli people, and shown support and given aid to our enemies. Obama broke protocol first when he sent his thugs over here to try and unseat me. I am not doing this for myself, but for the sake of Israel and the U.S. When facing a bully, there comes a point where you have to hit back, and hit hard.

Is this legit?  I am struggling to believe that Netanyahu actually said this. 

Finally got the page to load, must be a low capacity site.

Well, if this is an actual quote of Netanyahu, then I will wholeheartedly echo Paladin's comment:

That's a phony quote. Netanyahu would NEVER say something like that, at least for public consumption.  Bibi supposedly endorsed Cruz last January but the only place I could find anything are in a bunch of one-off websites. 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:17:09 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
What's interesting to me is that you had to go through SEVEN paragraphs before you saw Cruz' name.
That is the quality control standard, for new fringe journalism.

Like I learned at age 17 in Intro. to Journalism, you start with the 5 ws

Who, What, When, Where, Why or How are to go into the very beginning of any story.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Wingnut

Worth a whole lot more than a Bob Dole endorsement! 

That was Nice of Bibi.

HonestJohn

Didn't he endorse Romney in 2012?

And then there is the fake quote...

I'm wondering if this is even real news, now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:56:13 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I don't see this reported anywhere else, included the Israeli press.

Netanyahu's government is currently negotiating an increase in US aid--so I doubt this would be the time for such an announcement.

It doesn't pass the sniff test, IMHO.

Offline flowers

I don't see this reported anywhere else, included the Israeli press.

Netanyahu's government is currently negotiating an increase in US aid--so I doubt this would be the time for such an announcement.

It doesn't pass the sniff test, IMHO.
I agree...it does not pass the sniff test. It would be all over media if he did say it recently.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
This one really doesn't pass the smell test.

There is no way the Israeli Prime Minister is ever going to engage in American internal politics.  Not wise whatsoever and Netanyahu is not new to this.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Frank Cannon

Once again Jim Gilmore gets forgotten. Totally outrageous.

Offline DCPatriot

:laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's funny, and I don't care who you are!   88devil

Offline DCPatriot

At first I was coming from the position that they wanted to get some other news out.   

Why wade through SEVEN paragraphs to see it was Ted Cruz?

Now that some of you brighter people say it doesn't pass the smell test, it also makes sense that the teaser headline wasn't the intended news they wanted you to read.