Author Topic: Trump ally to newspaper reporter: "once you are on my s--t list, you stay there (...) and I'll be coming around."  (Read 337 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/dailypolitics/carl-paladino-crazy-years-blog-entry-1.2539251

by Ken Lovett
February 22, 2016

Bombastic Buffalo businessman Carl Paladino hasn’t mellowed since getting trounced by Cuomo in the 2010 gubernatorial campaign.

Upset at a recent column I wrote that quoted David Catalfamo, an aide to ex-Gov. George Pataki, as saying that flame-throwers like Paladino and Donald Trump are dragging the state Republican party into irrelevancy, the man the News once branded “Crazy Carl” shot back Friday in a profanity-laced email.

After calling me a "has-been"and ripping the Daily News in the email, Paladino wrote: "I realize you don't give a s--t what I say, but always remember that once you are on my s--t list, you stay there and what goes around usually comes around and I'll be coming around."

He then followed up with a second email ripping both into Catalfamo and me.

"Dave Catalfamo is a symbol of why you are so out of touch with the reality of the day," Paladino wrote. "He's an insular, ignorant, self-loving anachronism holding on for dear life to what's left of the elitist establishment in the Albany cesspool and hoping that it will survive the political revolution by the principled republican rank and file who are so fed up with State Republican Party leadership, so that he can continue eating at the public trough as he has done all his life."

After ripping Daily News publisher Mort Zuckerman, Paladino finished by kindly suggesting I find a new career.

"You're out of shape," he wrote. "Some manual labor might help. New York voters are no longer listening to your bulls--t."

UPDATE: Catalfamo in an email called Paladino's comments "disappointing."

"I've always considered Carl, if not a friend, at least friendly," he wrote. "But I also think I understand the sadness that animates his anger and his activism and I can only wish for him the best. I look forward to seeing him at the GOP convention in Buffalo."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024