Author Topic: Glenn Beck Responds to South Carolina Primary Results: ‘Join Me’ in a ‘Fast for Ted Cruz’  (Read 1589 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/21/glenn-beck-responds-to-sc-primary-results-join-me-in-a-fast-for-ted-cruz/

Following Donald Trump’s victory in the South Carolina GOP primary, talk radio host Glenn Beck urged his Facebook followers to join him and his family in fasting for GOP candidate
Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
97%

“I would like to ask you to join me and my family Monday in a fast for Ted Cruz, our country and the Nevada caucus,” Beck wrote on his Facebook page after the South Carolina election results showed a decisive double-digit victory for Trump, whose candidacy Beck has been staunchly opposed to.

In an earlier Facebook post, Beck stated:

It was a fair fight.

Congratulations Donald Trump on South Carolina.

#1. Donald Trump
    #2. Marco Rubio
    #3. Ted Cruz

On to Nevada. I will join Ted Cruz in Vegas tomorrow night and Reno Monday.

It is time for the others to drop out and make this the 3 way race we all know it is.

Who that helps, I don’t know, but it is time to begin to narrow the field. I would assume the establishment will coalesce around Rubio. Ted will make his own way as will trump.

Beck endorsed Cruz before the Iowa caucus last month and has been traveling and campaigning with the Texas senator ever since. At a press conference in South Carolina this week, Beck speculated as to whether his presence on the campaign trail “helps Ted Cruz or not,” saying that he didn’t know, but felt compelled to “do everything I can” to help Cruz.

Will the Cruz people please explain Beck to me?  Why does Cruz have him around?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I love Cruz, but this is the kind of thing he has to stop. If it doesn't work with the evangelicals of SC, you need to change your approach. He's going to end up where Huckabee did in '08.
The Republic is lost.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I love Cruz, but this is the kind of thing he has to stop. If it doesn't work with the evangelicals of SC, you need to change your approach. He's going to end up where Huckabee did in '08.

I agree. This is getting weird.

HAPPY2BME

Cruz has no worries.

Beck will bring the huge 1.7% Mormon population with him.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Cruz has no worries.

Beck will bring the huge 1.7% Mormon population with him.
Since this is the 2nd place that you carelessly suggested the Mormon vote was insignificant, citing a national figure, here are the state by state figures.

Nevada has the 4th highest percent of Mormons, following Utah, Idaho and Wyoming. Plus they will deliver very high turnout, when they think it matters.

And in religious terms, it matters since the evangelicals like Cruz are brutally nasty towards Mormonism. So supporting Rubio (or Trump) would be a chance to slap back at their detractors.

Rubio is running for 2nd place at this time. That Cruz is still using Beck reflects very poorly on his judgment. In fact come to think of it, his embrace of Beck may have cost him with SC evangelicals, since there exists a dislike between the two factions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Church_of_Jesus_Christ_of_Latter-day_Saints_membership_statistics_(United_States)
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 06:32:31 pm by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

HAPPY2BME

I'll trade your soul for a hamburger and fries.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Brandon Darby ‏@brandondarby 3h3 hours ago

In the possible event of a Cruz loss, if Glenn Beck asks y'all to gather and drink fruit juice, don't do it. Okay?

Offline flowers

In the possible event of a Cruz loss, if Glenn Beck asks y'all to gather and drink fruit juice, don't do it. Okay?
:laugh:

Wingnut

That whole " It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood." look just ain't working Glenn.
So let's just go to the kitchen right now. Do you like kitchens? I certainly do.

Offline truth_seeker

I think the Senator from Alberta displays incredibly poor political judgment, staying involved with Beck. 

Beck seems like a Mormon Space Cadet from the Art Bell Show. Pure comedy for most folks.

Narrow+Loud+Gullible+Still Have Money

Offline NavyCanDo

I like Beck, but his strong personal friendship with Ted Cruz is clouding his ability to reason.  I would be happy to vote for either Cruz or Rubio, but Beck using his TV show to say if Rubio get's the nomination it is the end of America, is a huge stretch and a bit bizarre.   

And Beck was saying nice things about Rubio several weeks ago, when I trying to see what way he was leaning. He seemed at the time spilt between the two,  like I am.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HAPPY2BME

I think the Senator from Alberta displays incredibly poor political judgment, staying involved with Beck. 

Beck seems like a Mormon Space Cadet from the Art Bell Show. Pure comedy for most folks.

Narrow+Loud+Gullible+Still Have Money

============================

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a3eJC3qAFU

Offline musiclady

I agree.  And I don't think Beck is doing him any favors by this kind of thing.

Fine if he wants to do it himself, but to urge others to fast for Cruz?  Not good.  Not good at all.

(As an Evangelical Christian, I sure would prefer that the borderline Mormon bashing by at least one member would cease, though)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

I agree.  And I don't think Beck is doing him any favors by this kind of thing.

Fine if he wants to do it himself, but to urge others to fast for Cruz?  Not good.  Not good at all.

(As an Evangelical Christian, I sure would prefer that the borderline Mormon bashing by at least one member would cease, though)
As the grandson, nephew and cousin of  Mormons, I do not bash Mormons. I find Beck to be borderline mentally ill, Mormonism aside.

Use of him by Cruz, displays one of several instances of bad judgment by Cruz. Cruz decision to use Beck, might explain some of Cruz' performance shortfall with SC evangelicals, since evangelicals are the most harsh critics of Mormonism.

Offline musiclady

As the grandson, nephew and cousin of  Mormons, I do not bash Mormons. I find Beck to be borderline mentally ill, Mormonism aside.

Use of him by Cruz, displays one of several instances of bad judgment by Cruz. Cruz decision to use Beck, might explain some of Cruz' performance shortfall with SC evangelicals, since evangelicals are the most harsh critics of Mormonism.

You aren't the poster I was referring to.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline truth_seeker

You aren't the poster I was referring to.

Actually I didn't think I was. I did wish to make the points that I made, however.