Author Topic: Trump questions Rubio's eligibility  (Read 311 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump questions Rubio's eligibility
« on: February 21, 2016, 04:10:35 pm »

Trump questions Rubio's eligibility

By ELIZA COLLINS 02/21/16 10:36 AM EST Updated 02/21/16 11:00 AM EST

Donald Trump is now raising questions about Marco Rubio’s ability to legally run for president.

On Saturday, Trump retweeted a tweet that suggested the Florida senator was not a citizen, George Stephanopoulos asked him about it on ABC’s “This Week” Sunday morning.

Rubio was born in Florida on May 28, 1971. His parents had come to the United States from Cuba in 1950s. Trump retweeted a tweet on Saturday that suggested both Rubio and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz were ineligible to be president.

There is a lawsuit pending in Broward County, Florida, challenging the eligibility of both Cruz and Rubio — Cruz because of where he was born, Rubio because of where his parents were born.

“I think the lawyers have to determine that that — and not— it was a retweet, not so much with Marco. I'm not really that familiar with Marco's circumstances,” Trump said Sunday morning.

“But then why retweet it?” Stephanopoulos asked.
\“Because I'm not sure. I mean, let people make their own determination. I know Ted is being now — I think he's being sued by somebody having nothing to do with me, by the way,” Trump said.

You're really not sure that Marco Rubio is eligible to run for president? You're really not sure?” Stephanopoulos asked.

“I don't know. I really — I've never looked at it, George. I honestly have never looked at it. As somebody said, he's not. And I retweeted it. I have 14 million people between Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and I retweet things, and we start dialogue and it's very interesting,” Trump said.

The billionaire has threatened to sue Cruz over his eligibility to run for president. Cruz, who was born in Canada to a mother who was an American citizen, has welcomed it.

Later on "This Week," Rubio brushed off Trump's claims.

"Look, this is a pattern. This is a game he plays. He says something that's edgy and outrageous and then the media flocks and covers that and then no one else can get any coverage on anything else," Rubio said. "And that worked when there were 15 people running for president. It's not going to work anymore.

"I'm going to spend zero time on his interpretation of the Constitution with regards to eligibility."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/trump-questions-rubios-eligibility-219586#ixzz40oqzMJQ3
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HonestJohn

Re: Trump questions Rubio's eligibility
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 05:05:23 pm »
“I think the lawyers have to determine that that — and not— it was a retweet, not so much with Marco. I'm not really that familiar with Marco's circumstances,” Trump said Sunday morning.

“But then why retweet it?” Stephanopoulos asked.
\“Because I'm not sure. I mean, let people make their own determination. I know Ted is being now — I think he's being sued by somebody having nothing to do with me, by the way,” Trump said.

I'm not sure if Trump eats babies.  I've seen foreign news that says that US politicians dine on babies, so it must be true.  Shouldn't the police arrest him until we're sure?

I'm not saying he does, but it's out there.  So we need to look at it.

It's the same logic.

:3:

Offline Longiron

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 05:50:45 pm »
Setting the LEVERAGE stage up!  :beer:

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 06:00:55 pm »
Seems to be a large segment of the population willing to believe T's lies about anything and everything.  After all........all politicians lie.
Also an ignored reality. The SC primary was an open primary.   Mischief makers know that many true patriots will not be voting for T. 
 Many people were duped by Obamao and seem to be willing to be duped by T.
No, I will not be voting for a dem but will not be voting for T either.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 06:06:26 pm »
Rubio becomes the next closest threat, so Trump goes after him next.

I could see a Trump/Rubio ticket becoming very strong by election day.

It has an advantage with Hispanics, IF together they could walk back damage Trump did early on.

Rubio brings the younger people and the establishment appeal.

He is a more appealing public speaker than Cruz, who is too preachy and self-righteous.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 06:19:03 pm »
I knew it was just a matter of time before Trump went into attack mode to take out Rubio.  It will be interesting to see if he continues to do so and if the Rubio campaign can withstand the Trumpedo!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.