Author Topic: Report: Romney to endorse Rubio  (Read 1470 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Romney to endorse Rubio
« on: February 21, 2016, 02:25:55 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/270188-report-romney-to-endorse-rubio

February 21, 2016, 08:52 am
Report: Romney to endorse Rubio

By Kyle Balluck

Former GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney will endorse Marco Rubio’s White House bid, The Huffington Post reported early Sunday.

The news outlet cited two unidentified sources who said Romney withheld his high-profile endorsement out of respect for Jeb Bush, who ended his campaign late Saturday after a disappointing fourth-place finish in South Carolina primary.

Rubio edged fellow freshman senator Ted Cruz for second place in the Palmetto State, behind Donald Trump.  Cruz was once considered to have the inside track on South Carolina due to its strong contingent of evangelical voters and Rubio’s strong showing will give his campaign new life headed into the Nevada caucuses.

The Huffington Post reported that Romney, who easily won Nevada in 2008 and 2012, could endorse Rubio before the GOP caucuses on Tuesday.

A Rubio adviser, however, questioned the report, tweeting on Sunday morning that it would be a "bizarre" strategy not to tell the senator's campaign and break the news in The Huffington Post.

Todd Harris ‎@dtoddharris

It would be quite a bizarre endorsement roll out strategy: Don't tell us, and break news in Huffington Post.

https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/701391131326676992
7:43 AM - 21 Feb 2016
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Report: Romney to endorse Rubio
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 02:27:47 pm »
Good! That ought to finish him off for sure!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 04:51:57 pm »
Mitt Romney did not want to be president

No one wanted to be president less than Mitt Romney

In an interview with the Boston Globe examining what went wrong with the Romney campaign, his eldest son Tagg explains that his father had been a reluctant candidate from the start.

After failing to win the 2008 Republican nomination, Romney told his family he would not run again and had to be persuaded to enter the 2012 White House race by his wife Ann and son Tagg.

"He wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life. He had no desire... to run," Tagg Romney said. "If he could have found someone else to take his place... he would have been ecstatic to step aside."

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 05:05:02 pm »
Death, meet kiss.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2016, 05:27:12 pm »
Mitt Romney did not want to be president

No one wanted to be president less than Mitt Romney

"He wanted to be president less than anyone I've met in my life. He had no desire... to run," Tagg Romney said. "If he could have found someone else to take his place... he would have been ecstatic to step aside."

George Washington. And not wanting to be President at least for him was a very good attribute.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Longiron

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2016, 05:34:21 pm »
Death, meet kiss.

Very true and this means NOTHING. Mittens campaign manager has been managing RUBIO from the start. Anyone that like MITTENS is already voting and supporting RUBIO. The post of DEATH meets KISS is perfect for this endorsement. :beer: :silly:

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2016, 05:35:14 pm »
mittens is liked only a bit more than !jeb. 

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2016, 05:47:42 pm »

================================

Nobody can rip VICTORY from the jaws of DEFEAT like a neocon Republican.

Nobody.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2016, 05:49:02 pm »

Mittens is also smarter than JEB by a long way. If JEB was not born into crony money he would be on the Gov't dole. He can do NOTHING! **nononono*

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2016, 05:50:59 pm »
Reality: Romney is worth a point or two here, a point or two there. It ads up.

These so-called online conservative forums are mostly echo chambers; putting Romney down is a repetitive thing to say just like Bush or McCain. Saying it makes you cool, fit in with the group think.

Nevada comes up next, and it has a lot of Mormons. Rubio lived in Lost Wages for awhile as a kid, and was involved with Mormonism. Rubio says positive things about the faith.

Romney could remind Nevada voters that Rubio is the guy for them. Mormons are very solidly Republican, in case you forgot. They will vote for a fellow Mormon to nearly the high degree that blacks will vote for a fellow black. (They also make up original names like blacks.)

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/54325018-78/rubio-church-family-faith.html.csp

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2016, 05:55:40 pm »
Reality: Romney is worth a point or two here, a point or two there. It ads up.

These so-called online conservative forums are mostly echo chambers; putting Romney down is a repetitive thing to say just like Bush or McCain. Saying it makes you cool, fit in with the group think.

Nevada comes up next, and it has a lot of Mormons. Rubio lived in Lost Wages for awhile as a kid, and was involved with Mormonism. Rubio says positive things about the faith.

Romney could remind Nevada voters that Rubio is the guy for them. Mormons are very solidly Republican, in case you forgot. They will vote for a fellow Mormon to nearly the high degree that blacks will vote for a fellow black. (They also make up original names like blacks.)

http://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/sltrib/news/54325018-78/rubio-church-family-faith.html.csp

Very nice take. You could well be right. That and as a not so subtle message to Kasich that he has been left at the station
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2016, 06:01:00 pm »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2016, 06:01:10 pm »
Mormons are very solidly Republican, in case you forgot. They will vote for a fellow Mormon to nearly the high degree that blacks will vote for a fellow black. (They also make up original names like blacks.)

=====================================

Mormons make up 1.7% of the American adult population
http://www.pewforum.org/2009/07/24/a-portrait-of-mormons-in-the-us/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2016, 06:05:32 pm »
=====================================

Mormons make up 1.7% of the American adult population
http://www.pewforum.org/2009/07/24/a-portrait-of-mormons-in-the-us/

Nice side-step, but in NV, UT, CO and a few other western states they are a sizeable block of GOP votes that can swing things to those that earn their votes.
The Republic is lost.

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2016, 06:12:44 pm »
Nice side-step, but in NV, UT, CO and a few other western states they are a sizeable block of GOP votes that can swing things to those that earn their votes.
AZ, WY, ID, too.

As far as the 1.7% statistic, we don't have a national primary. Finally the contest is not for first, but rather for second.

Rubio second again in Nevada would be a big deal.

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2016, 06:13:03 pm »
Harry Reid is a Morman.  So, they are not all Republican or monolithic.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 01:28:05 am »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 01:45:47 am »
Mittens and Mormons. Real mature analysis of this endorsement . I had to do a double take to make sure I didn't log on to TOS by mistake.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 04:07:37 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2016, 02:57:45 am »
Mittens and Mormons. Real mature analysts of this endorsement . I had to do a double take to make sure I didn't log on to TOS by mistake.

Some of the stuff that gets posted here is REALLY hard to stomach!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 03:00:22 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline truth_seeker

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2016, 03:52:52 am »
Mittens and Mormons. Real mature analysts of this endorsement . I had to do a double take to make sure I didn't log on to TOS by mistake.

There is a lot MORE of that crap here now, since the round of refugees got turned out from FR and "taken in" here.