Author Topic: White House finally reveals why Obama is snubbing Scalia's funeral: He plans to spend weekend vetting potential nominees  (Read 951 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3455274/White-House-finally-reveals-Obama-snubbing-Scalia-s-funeral-plans-spend-weekend-vetting-potential-nominees.html

White House finally reveals why Obama is snubbing Scalia's funeral: He plans to spend weekend vetting potential nominees

The president and first lady instead came to the high court today to pay their respects while Scalia lay in repose
    The president's press secretary yesterday suggested that Obama was skipping the formal funeral because his 'security footprint'
    Today he said the president would spend a 'significant portion of his weekend' reviewing dossiers compiled on possible Scalia replacements

By Francesca Chambers, White House Correspondent For Dailymail.com

Published: 15:59 EST, 19 February 2016 | Updated: 16:48 EST, 19 February 2016

President Barack Obama is not attending conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's funeral on Saturday and the White House has been refusing to say why.

The president and first lady instead came to the high court today to pay their respects while Scalia lay in repose.

The president's press secretary yesterday suggested that Obama was skipping the formal funeral because his 'security footprint.'

Today he said the president planned to review dossiers compiled on 'individuals who may be worthy of consideration' to replace Scalia on the bench.

'I would expect that the president will spend a significant portion of his weekend digging into those materials,' White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3455274/White-House-finally-reveals-Obama-snubbing-Scalia-s-funeral-plans-spend-weekend-vetting-potential-nominees.html#ixzz40evmcsnW

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Paladin

He's such a slug and this business of his spending the weekend vetting potential Scalia replacements is pure bovine excrement. I suspect he is planning a secret golf outing.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

What does it say of a man who cannot put aside partisan politics to pray with his fellow citizens for the soul of a departed American who spent his life in service to the country he loved?

Words fail me.

Offline mountaineer

Only if they consider the presidential golf cart a moveable office. The temperature in DC is around 60 right now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Charlespg

White House finally reveals why Obama is snubbing Scalia's funeral: He plans to spend weekend vetting potential nominees

8bs8
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline Right_in_Virginia

I'm a little disappointed that W didn't attend.   :shrug:

Offline flowers

Online Lando Lincoln

"God assumed from the beginning that the wise of the world would view Christians as fools…and He has not been disappointed. Devout Christians are destined to be regarded as fools in modern society. We are fools for Christ’s sake. We must pray for courage to endure the scorn of the sophisticated world. If I have brought any message today, it is this: Have the courage to have your wisdom regarded as stupidity. Be fools for Christ. And have the courage to suffer the contempt of the sophisticated world."

-- Justice Antonin Scalia

Requiescat in Pace Justice Scalia
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org