Author Topic: Poll: 51 Percent of Voters Think Obama Should Choose Next SCOTUS Nominee  (Read 453 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=714788

Newsmax
Poll: 51 Percent of Voters Think Obama Should Choose Next SCOTUS Nominee
Wednesday, February 17, 2016 01:20 PM

By: Cathy Burke

A slight majority of voters think President Barack Obama should make the choice of a Supreme Court nominee to succeed the late Justice Antonin Scalia and that the GOP-led Senate should consider it, a new poll shows.

The Rasmussen Reports survey released Wednesday finds 43 percent of likely voters think Obama should leave the decision about a SCOTUS replacement to his successor, but that 51 percent disagree, believing the decision is this president's to make.

When asked about how the Senate should respond to an Obama nominee, 53 percent believe the upper chamber lawmakers shouldn't reject or refuse to consider the appointment.

But 35 percent believe lawmakers should block the nominee to give the next president the choice, the survey finds.

Still, the poll also finds that 69 percent of voters think it's unlikely the Senate will approve an Obama nominee to replace the revered conservative jurist; just 27 percent think it's even somewhat likely.

In other findings, the survey shows:

69 percent of Republicans think the president should hand the nomination decision off to the next president; 76 percent of Democrats disagree.

58 percent of self-described politically conservative voters think the Senate should block any nomination Obama makes to replace Scalia; 63 percent of moderates and 83 of liberal voters disagree.

The poll's margin of error is plus or minus 3 percentage points.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
...and about 45% of the 51% have no idea who Scalia is..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Should be 100%.

But that does not mean that nominee should be confirmed or even acted upon by the senate!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 06:33:28 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Many of those also could not identify what ideologies make up the court as it is.

This is the exact same kind of polling they started streaming out to push the narrative during the shutdown. The media loads the news coverage, then puts out the poll using the artificially colored public opinion to say "this is what the people want! It must be right!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
...and about 45% of the 51% have no idea who Scalia is..
The letters are written on a 8x11 sheet of paper in all caps at about 128 pt, so they are about 3 in tall so as you will see them:

SCOTUS

Below this is written that is is one of the 3 branches of the Federal Govt, 9 people make up the office.

What does it stand for?

Pick any street corner or mall in the US and ask 100 people.  How many KNOW what it means?
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline mountaineer

I just saw another poll that put it a bit closer, around 47-46.
 Seven percent said, "Was he on Dancing with the Stars?"
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

Every day brings a fresh reminder as to why America is not democracy, and an opportunity to thank God for that.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Every day brings a fresh reminder as to why America is not democracy, and an opportunity to thank God for that.
And if HildaBeast gets in charge you can expect that to change and make America a Democracy and give us Tyranny of the majority.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...