Author Topic: Supporting Donald Trump: If You Can't Beat Liberals, Join Them?  (Read 881 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Supporting Donald Trump: If You Can't Beat Liberals, Join Them?
« on: February 18, 2016, 01:28:32 pm »
If conservative pundits like Ann Coulter and Breitbart's John Nolte want to make fools of themselves, so be it.  But as a Christian and by consequence a political conservative, I want no part of the Donald Trump campaign.

I admit to being initially amused by The Donald's antics, and delighted by the fits he was giving the mainstream press and Republican establishment so desperate to eliminate him.  But the longer this reality TV show has dragged on, the more frustrated I have become with this mindless game far too many Christians and conservatives seem to be playing.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/02/supporting_donald_trump_if_you_cant_beat_liberals_join_them.html#ixzz40WfaSUMF
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline sinkspur

Re: Supporting Donald Trump: If You Can't Beat Liberals, Join Them?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 01:43:22 pm »
Trump's followers are like those fools who play the lottery (I bet most of his middle and lower-middle class supporters DO play the lottery).

Trump's that big jackpot out there and they think their numbers are going to come up when he's elected. 

Then,  he's going to bring $30/hour jobs back from overseas.  How he's going to do that, well, he's not very clear on.

But, he'll do it. And the good times will roll!!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 01:49:07 pm »
Donald J. Trump said in the most recent Republican debate that Planned Parenthood "does do wonderful things, but not as it relates to abortion."  I implore fellow Christians and conservatives: how would we react if a candidate said, "The Nazis did some wonderful things, but not as it relates to killing Jews"?

The willful suspension of critical thinking is the key attribute of the Trump supporter. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 01:51:34 pm »
Trump's followers are like those fools who play the lottery (I bet most of his middle and lower-middle class supporters DO play the lottery).

Trump's that big jackpot out there and they think their numbers are going to come up when he's elected. 

I won't speak for the members here because I know each have their own well reasoned support, but I've noticed that a vast majority in my circle who support Trump are 'YUGE' MLM groupies. They buy into whatever MLM pyramid scheme of the day is and repeat the slogans over and over. From the latest shake to skinny wrap to diet pill to patch to candle to jewelry, they constantly believe the MLM pitch that they can be their own boss and make their life great again, just by buying their product and getting all their friends to sign up.

HonestJohn

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2016, 09:57:51 pm »
I won't speak for the members here because I know each have their own well reasoned support, but I've noticed that a vast majority in my circle who support Trump are 'YUGE' MLM groupies. They buy into whatever MLM pyramid scheme of the day is and repeat the slogans over and over. From the latest shake to skinny wrap to diet pill to patch to candle to jewelry, they constantly believe the MLM pitch that they can be their own boss and make their life great again, just by buying their product and getting all their friends to sign up.

What's MLM?

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 12:07:55 am »
The willful suspension of critical thinking is the key attribute of the Trump supporter.

You are willfully uninformed.   

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2016, 12:21:31 am »
What's MLM?

Multi Level Marketing. I have a sister and brother who do it, hoping that someday they can quit there day job because MLM will put them on the path to riches. In all the years they have been doing it, they still need their day jobs.   Neither however support Trump.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HonestJohn

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2016, 01:05:04 am »
Multi Level Marketing. I have a sister and brother who do it, hoping that someday they can quit there day job because MLM will put them on the path to riches. In all the years they have been doing it, they still need their day jobs.   Neither however support Trump.

Ahh, okay.  That makes sense.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:05:29 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2016, 03:04:06 am »

Then,  he's going to bring $30/hour jobs back from overseas.  How he's going to do that, well, he's not very clear on.

Great Management! Plus he's going to make ISIS pay for American wage increases! 

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2016, 12:15:06 pm »
You are willfully uninformed.

I listen to what the man says,  and has said over the years.   I see how the man conducts himself,  now and over the years.   What I see and hear is a vulgarian, an amoral businessman,  an ego-obsessed blowhard,  and an unmoored, unprincipled con-man.

I understand that Trump's scratching your issue,  red and raw.  Enjoy the catharsis.  But Trump can't heal what ails you, or the nation.  He's a dose of rage-crack,  not a balm.       

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2016, 12:21:26 pm »
What's MLM?

LOL!

Multi-Level Marketing's 'head' appears EVERY time there's a recession.  Koscot, Pre-Paid Legal, Mink-Oil, etc..

Goes all the way back to Amway.

To compare Donald Trump to MLM is beyond weak.  Furthermore, comparing anything Trump to the Nazis invokes Godwin's Law, so....    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Longiron

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2016, 12:23:06 pm »

But he did not say that? This is not a reality movie where you make thing up as you go along?? TRUMP supporters live in the real world of today and realize being a non POLITICAN with no DONORS is the way this country can be great again. PLEASE do not vote for TRUMP because you are happy with the POLITICANS who have created this mess. TRUMP does not NEED your VOTE just sit in the back of the BUS where you can continue to bash him and nobody will listen or care. :chairbang:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2016, 05:44:07 pm »
. TRUMP does not NEED your VOTE just sit in the back of the BUS where you can continue to bash him and nobody will listen or care. :chairbang:

Well, the shills for Trump won't care.   But the man needs a good bashing - he bashes others  - not just individuals but whole groups of folks.   He's a flippin' disgrace.

And like I've said before, my primary goal is to get him the hell out of the GOP.  I don't want Trumpism infecting my party.  He should be running as an independent.   Then he and his disciples can indulge themselves and their little hates to their hearts' content, as far as I'm concerned.   

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2016, 05:45:27 pm »
Well, the shills for Trump won't care.   But the man needs a good bashing - he bashes others  - not just individuals but whole groups of folks.   He's a flippin' disgrace.

And like I've said before, my primary goal is to get him the hell out of the GOP.  I don't want Trumpism infecting my party.  He should be running as an independent.   Then he and his disciples can indulge themselves and their little hates to their hearts' content, as far as I'm concerned.

The irony here is totally lost on you, isn't it?     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2016, 05:51:37 pm »
LOL!

Multi-Level Marketing's 'head' appears EVERY time there's a recession.  Koscot, Pre-Paid Legal, Mink-Oil, etc..

Goes all the way back to Amway.

To compare Donald Trump to MLM is beyond weak.  Furthermore, comparing anything Trump to the Nazis invokes Godwin's Law, so....    :whistle:

They throw a lot of mud up against the wall--not much is sticking though.