Author Topic: Gowdy calls for Cruz to denounce 'underhanded tactics'  (Read 685 times)

Offline flowers

Gowdy calls for Cruz to denounce 'underhanded tactics'
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:54:49 pm »
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/gowdy-calls-for-cruz-to-denounce-underhanded-tactics/article/2583367?custom_click=rss

Trey Gowdy, a South Carolina congressman who supports Marco Rubio, called for Ted Cruz to repudiate the most recent bit of "underhanded tactics" ahead of the South Carolina primary.

"In the last week, we have seen a systematic effort by Sen. Cruz and his allies to spread false information and outright lies in the hopes of winning votes by appealing to our lowest common denominator," Gowdy said. "Now, Its been reported that a fake Facebook page has been used to fool South Carolinians into thinking that I no longer support Marco Rubio and that I'm instead supporting Ted Cruz.

"Nothing could be further from the truth and I'm demanding that Sen. Cruz and his campaign repudiate these dishonest and underhanded tactics," Gowdy continued. "We can have a debate about the future of our party and our country. But we need not leave our integrity behind."

In the Facebook post at hand by a page titled "Trey Gowdy Prayers," it says that the most recent debate "revealed [Rubio's] total lack of integrity, intillect and foresight," before switching the faux endorsement to Cruz.

HAPPY2BME

Re: Gowdy calls for Cruz to denounce 'underhanded tactics'
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 09:21:56 pm »
Gowdy lost all the credibility he had left during his star role on the mini-series "The Benghazi Hearings."

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 09:25:48 pm »
Gowdy said. "Now, Its been reported that a fake Facebook page has been used to fool South Carolinians into thinking that I no longer support Marco Rubio and that I'm instead supporting Ted Cruz.

"Nothing could be further from the truth and I'm demanding that Sen. Cruz and his campaign repudiate these dishonest and underhanded tactics," Gowdy continued. "We can have a debate about the future of our party and our country. But we need not leave our integrity behind."

Exactly what underhanded tactics are you speaking about Mr. Gowdy? As far as I know there have been none.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 10:01:45 pm »
Exactly what underhanded tactics are you speaking about Mr. Gowdy? As far as I know there have been none.

The fake Facebook page portray itself as Mr. Gowdy's is not underhanded to you?

Offline Millee

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 10:11:49 pm »
From Cruz's FB page -

Ted Cruz
5 mins ·

Our campaign had absolutely nothing to do with this fraudulent Facebook post. This kind of deception is deplorable and nothing like it would be tolerated by this campaign.

Settled. 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:19:20 pm »
From Cruz's FB page -

Ted Cruz
5 mins ·

Our campaign had absolutely nothing to do with this fraudulent Facebook post. This kind of deception is deplorable and nothing like it would be tolerated by this campaign.

Settled.   

Yeah, right.    :whistle:

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:25:20 pm »
Yeah, right.    :whistle:

It should be relatively easy for Facebook to divulge the IP address of who created the page.  And the IP address can narrow down the location of the computer in question.  If it's in a Cruz campaign site... then it's a smoking gun.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:27:47 pm »
Gowdy lost all the credibility he had left during his star role on the mini-series "The Benghazi Hearings."
that is correct.