Author Topic: Former Military Chief: Iraq War Was A 'Failure' That Helped Create ISIS  (Read 4342 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Former Military Chief: Iraq War Was A 'Failure' That Helped Create ISIS
« Reply #50 on: February 21, 2016, 04:13:39 pm »
That is great and thank you for your service.

Not all forums embrace veterans equally, from outright hostile to glad you are here....

Ditto what MusicLady said.

And, if it were an anti-military forum, I wouldn't be here either!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2016, 06:58:25 pm »
That is great and thank you for your service.

Not all forums embrace veterans equally, from outright hostile to glad you are here....

There are a bunch of us here including the site owner's hubby so I think we're safe!  :flag:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 07:15:31 pm »
There are a bunch of us here including the site owner's hubby so I think we're safe!  :flag:

Actually he is now retired after 42 years...but my son is still serving which explains the one star now instead of 2...

TBR loves our military both active and retired....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 07:23:19 pm »

Guy stopped me the other day when after seeing my Vietnam Veteran cap and extended his hand and said thank you for your services.  I said THANK YOU, I appreciate it.  Then he asked:  "what should we be saying or doing for you guys?  I said "thank you for your service" is enough, I know of no one who expects more or wants for more.  But if you really want to kick it up a notch, offer to buy him or her a cup of coffee.  Chances are they will not be able to take you up on it, but offering it is the same as if you had bought it and its truly the thought that counts!

Last Veterans Day I stopped in at a Starbucks.  The barista noticed my cap and said 'are you a Vietnam Veteran?'  I said yes.  'Then Joe is paying for anything you want.'  I ordered and as there was no one in line I asked who was Joe?  He said that was not his real name, it was the name he was told to give.  He told me a guy came in the store at 6 am and gave the store manager a Starbucks card and said it was to pay for anything any veteran wanted in the store till closing time today.  I said anything?  Yes!  What if I wanted that $300 coffee maker?  He said I was here and the guy said, ANYTHING, made no difference!  I said if you see the guy, tell him I said thanks for the cup 'o joe, it was appreciated...
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2016, 07:41:22 pm »

Guy stopped me the other day when after seeing my Vietnam Veteran cap and extended his hand and said thank you for your services.  I said THANK YOU, I appreciate it.  Then he asked:  "what should we be saying or doing for you guys?  I said "thank you for your service" is enough, I know of no one who expects more or wants for more.  But if you really want to kick it up a notch, offer to buy him or her a cup of coffee.  Chances are they will not be able to take you up on it, but offering it is the same as if you had bought it and its truly the thought that counts!

Last Veterans Day I stopped in at a Starbucks.  The barista noticed my cap and said 'are you a Vietnam Veteran?'  I said yes.  'Then Joe is paying for anything you want.'  I ordered and as there was no one in line I asked who was Joe?  He said that was not his real name, it was the name he was told to give.  He told me a guy came in the store at 6 am and gave the store manager a Starbucks card and said it was to pay for anything any veteran wanted in the store till closing time today.  I said anything?  Yes!  What if I wanted that $300 coffee maker?  He said I was here and the guy said, ANYTHING, made no difference!  I said if you see the guy, tell him I said thanks for the cup 'o joe, it was appreciated...

Until my daughter bought me a cap and some tee shirts for christmas which advertise the fact that I am a Vietnam vet I have never worn anything that outwardly advertised my service.  To say that I have been blown away by the number of folks whom I do not know who have walked up to me since then and expressed their gratitude would be grossly understating my reaction.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2016, 07:46:06 pm »
Until my daughter bought me a cap and some tee shirts for christmas which advertise the fact that I am a Vietnam vet I have never worn anything that outwardly advertised my service.  To say that I have been blown away by the number of folks whom I do not know who have walked up to me since then and expressed their gratitude would be grossly understating my reaction.

That is SO good to hear.

One of the greatest travesties in American history was the disgraceful treatment of the brave HEROES of Viet Nam when they/you came back from serving your country so honorably.

I am thankful that so many Americans are trying to right the wrong done to you so many years ago.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2016, 07:49:13 pm »
That is SO good to hear.

One of the greatest travesties in American history was the disgraceful treatment of the brave HEROES of Viet Nam when they/you came back from serving your country so honorably.

I am thankful that so many Americans are trying to right the wrong done to you so many years ago.

Thank you ML!   8888crybaby

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2016, 10:12:20 pm »
Thank you ML!   8888crybaby

No............................... thank YOU!  :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2016, 04:42:17 am »
More of the pure garbage from Happy2bealeftist. This comes from anti.war.com run by Justin Raimondo and a project of randolph Bourne who is a known leftist intellectual.

And Justin Raimondo, who is a Jew-hating conspiracy nutcase.

He's a fanook with an obsession:

"Raimondo has also written that Israeli intelligence operating in the U.S. had advance knowledge of the September 11, 2001 attacks."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.