Author Topic: Obama silence on cop deaths ripped, 'I'll save you a spot' at funerals mocks sheriff  (Read 471 times)

Offline Paladin

"President Obama's silence on a wave of recent killings of police officers is being ripped by law enforcement, with one Maryland sheriff taking to Facebook to mock that he will "save you a spot next to me!" at this week's funerals for two deputies.

"Mr. President, your silence about these events SPEAKS VOLUMES!!!! PS: I'll be standing outside in the cold next week with my deputies for the funerals of the Harford Co deputies; I'll save you a spot next to me!" Facebooked Carroll County Sheriff Jim DeWees.

His post, blasted throughout law enforcement social media and highlighted by the National Sheriffs' Association, has become part of the rallying cry among cops that the president is ignoring attacks on them, and even fostering anti-police feelings.

The Fraternal Order of Police even called on Obama to expand hate-crime laws to those targeting police. In a letter also posted on Facebook, FOP President Chuck Canterbury wrote, "Mr. President, that is eight officers–six in less than a week–who have been gunned down by assailants striking from ambush or career criminals with active warrants who decided they would not be taken into custody, no matter the cost. Enough is enough! This must end."

DeWees made public the belief among many in law enforcement that the president is only concerned about violence when somebody is shot by a police officer.

His Facebook posting came after two nearby Harford County deputies were gunned down.

"I understand that you are a busy man and are being pulled in multiple directions every day of the week," wrote DeWees. "But, when my president doesn't take the time to openly recognize the sacrifices that brave men & women of law enforcement make each day to keep domestic peace, I'm disappointed! I suspect that if these same deputies walked in to a restaurant, and without provocation shot and killed an innocent man, you and your staff would quickly whisk their family away to Washington for a future speech to make an example of police officers nationwide," he added."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sheriffs-blast-obama-silence-on-cop-deaths-mock-ill-save-you-a-spot-at-funerals/article/2583289

Sorry, guys, I am totally in sympathy with your sentiments, but, in truth, Obama does not give a fig about you.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 04:54:24 am by Paladin »
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mountaineer

But if cop-hating Beyonce died today, Obama would plunge the nation into a frenzy of mourning. I salute the sheriff for pointing out just how disgusting Obama is but you're right - he couldn't care less.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org