Author Topic: Donald Trump Is No Revolutionary, He’s Just a Democrat  (Read 5471 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Donald Trump Is No Revolutionary, He’s Just a Democrat
« on: February 15, 2016, 04:51:53 pm »

by DAVID FRENCH   February 15, 2016 4:00 AM @DAVIDAFRENCH

Saturday’s GOP debate finally clarified the Donald Trump phenomenon. After months of dominating the polls and millions of words of analysis, the grueling slog of the primary race is finally bringing the facts into sharp relief. Donald Trump isn’t a revolutionary. He’s not a conservative. He’s not even a populist. He’s a Democrat. In the Greenville, S.C., debate, Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz both got under Trump’s skin, and he cracked. He shouted his true feelings, and they were ugly to see. Regarding the Iraq War, Trump made it quite plain that he believes the fever-swamp “Bush lied, people died” narrative of the radical Left. The transcript could not be more clear.

Trump: You do whatever you want. You call it whatever you want. I wanna tell you. They lied.

John Dickerson: Okay.

Trump: They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.

Not only is Trump ignorant of the thousands of chemical weapons found in Iraq, he’s spouting talking points you likely won’t even hear from Hillary Clinton. But he wasn’t done. Not by a long shot.

Much more at link:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/431320/donald-trump-conventional-democrat

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

Re: Donald Trump Is No Revolutionary, He’s Just a Democrat
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 05:31:53 pm »
The man is a master in blustering and self-contradicting obfuscation.

I can't wait for his next twitted tweet or utterance.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 05:43:57 pm »

by DAVID FRENCH   February 15, 2016 4:00 AM @DAVIDAFRENCH

Trump: They said there were weapons of mass destruction. There were none. And they knew there were none. There were no weapons of mass destruction.

Not only is Trump ignorant of the thousands of chemical weapons found in Iraq, ..

So am I,and many many other people. There was not ONE single captured chemical weapon found in Iraq. Not ONE.

The closest legitimate claim is that "there used to be chemical weapons here,but Hussien had them moved."

Un,huh. That bogger was MUCH more interested in hiding than he was moving chemical weapons at that point. They had been moved out long before we invaded because Hussein was (correctly) agraid we would use them as an excuse to invade Iraq in order to protect the Saud family.

BTW,the ones they did have came from Germany,so why didn't we bomb the hell out of and invade Germany again if that was such a big deal?

AND,the key point is "So what if their HAD been chemical weapons found in Iraq? There are also chemical weapons in North Korea,China,and Russia. Do you want us to invade them,too?

The TRUTH is it is none of our freaking business what other nations do to their own people,and the REAL reason we wasted the lives and health of tens of thousands of young Americans as well as America's wealth to protect one of the Bush Crime Family pimps,namely the Saud Royal Family.

We ain't the world's daddy and the world doesn't even like us,so why are we wasting America's young people and our money fighting wars for other people who don't even like us?

« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 05:47:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 05:51:52 pm »
So am I,and many many other people. There was not ONE single captured chemical weapon found in Iraq. Not ONE.

The closest legitimate claim is that "there used to be chemical weapons here,but Hussien had them moved."

Un,huh. That bogger was MUCH more interested in hiding than he was moving chemical weapons at that point.

AND,the key point is "So what if their HAD been chemical weapons found in Iraq? There are also chemical weapons in North Korea,China,and Russia. Do you want us to invade them,too?

The TRUTH is it is none of our freaking business what other nations do to their own people,and the REAL reason we wasted the lives and health of tens of thousands of young Americans as well as America's wealth to protect one of the Bush Crime Family pimps,namely the Saud Royal Family.

We ain't the world's daddy and the world doesn't even like us,so why are we wasting America's young people and our money fighting wars for other people who don't even like us?

There was not one thing found in IRAQ with a big bold label proclaiming WMD but there were thousands of tons of things that either already were are would easily be made into WMDs!   iNSECTICIDE which is one very simple manufacturing step from becoming SARIN being just one!!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 06:13:55 pm »
There was not one thing found in IRAQ with a big bold label proclaiming WMD but there were thousands of tons of things that either already were are would easily be made into WMDs!   iNSECTICIDE which is one very simple manufacturing step from becoming SARIN being just one!!

And THAT justifies a claim that WMD were found there?

If that's true,we are all terrorists because we have a can of RAID insect killer in our houses or garages.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 06:27:45 pm »

If that's true,we are all terrorists because we have a can of RAID insect killer in our houses or garages.

So if Saddam's people weren't kind enough to label everything WMD in big bold letters then no WMD existed! I get it now!  Thanks! /s

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2016, 06:28:48 pm »

:shrug:

http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/bombshell-jeb-bush-drug-scandal-revealed-this-changes-everything/

http://truth-out.org/archive/component/k2/item/63127:george-w-bush-and-kenneth-lay
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:31:16 pm by Longiron »

Offline Politics4us

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2016, 06:44:29 pm »
So if Saddam's people weren't kind enough to label everything WMD in big bold letters then no WMD existed! I get it now!  Thanks! /s

I agree that they found some, but Bush, Rove, and Cheney don't even say so.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2016, 06:46:27 pm »
Rush Limbaugh today on his show.   “Trump was using language of the Left. Sounding like those on the Daily KOZ and Democratic Underground”    “Went to Liberal Democratville”

I agree.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2016, 06:49:10 pm »
I agree that they found some, but Bush, Rove, and Cheney don't even say so.

Why would they want to get into the weeds of trying to explain the TRUTH of this to the public?

They did EXACTLY what they should have done and just kept quite!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2016, 06:49:52 pm »
Rush Limbaugh today on his show.   “Trump was using language of the Left. Sounding like those on the Daily KOZ and Democratic Underground”    “Went to Liberal Democratville”

I agree.

As do I! Trumpo is beyond redemption at this point!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2016, 07:02:09 pm »

You really bought into Boy Jorge's war against a former ally and country who were responsible for killing more fundie Muslims that any every other country combined,didn't you?

The Iraq War about nothing more than protecting the Saud Royal Family.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »
Here is how contemporary "Republicans'" and conservatives' "logic" sounds to the outside world:

--Calling Trump a democrat for saying Iraq was a mistake

--Calling McCain a democrat for saying we should put more troops on the ground in the Mideast

(debased the language)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2016, 07:12:55 pm »
Calling Trump a democrat for saying Iraq was a mistake

Trump did more than that. He accused GWB of lying about WMDs in Iraq.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »

Un,huh. That bogger was MUCH more interested in hiding than he was moving chemical weapons at that point. They had been moved out long before we invaded because Hussein was (correctly) agraid we would use them as an excuse to invade Iraq in order to protect the Saud family.

BTW,the ones they did have came from Germany,so why didn't we bomb the hell out of and invade Germany again if that was such a big deal?

I'm even surprised by it, but slowly I've moved toward your position. I think Iraq was clearly wrong.

However, over the years, I've also come to believe the war I joined, Vietnam, was also a mistake, as the passage of time has confirmed.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2016, 07:30:38 pm »
I'm even surprised by it, but slowly I've moved toward your position. I think Iraq was clearly wrong.

However, over the years, I've also come to believe the war I joined, Vietnam, was also a mistake, as the passage of time has confirmed.

And I say you are completely wrong on both counts!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2016, 07:35:33 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2016, 08:01:51 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2016, 08:07:29 pm »

I agree.

IOW, Trump went HOME with his language and attacks.

Rush was right on when he said this.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2016, 08:08:25 pm »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 10:56:01 pm »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 11:01:48 pm »

Fat chance. I'm doubling down on my support for the Trumpman. My check is on the way...

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2016, 11:36:15 pm »
Trump's bizarre rants are turning him into the Ernest T. Bass of this election.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2016, 11:43:32 pm »
Fat chance. I'm doubling down on my support for the Trumpman. My check is on the way...

But he says he's not taking money, he's paying for it all himself.   No, wait a minute, that's right his web site has a donate button, my bad.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2016, 11:50:58 pm »
GWB just now:

"Americans are angry and frustrated but we do not need someone in the Oval Office who mirrors and inflames our frustration."
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.