Author Topic: Donald Trump Wanted Last Republican President IMPEACHED For Foreign Policy "Lies"  (Read 2268 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Donald Trump Wanted Last Republican President IMPEACHED For Foreign Policy ‘Lies’

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump enthusiastically supported the impeachment of former President George W. Bush in 2008 because Trump disagreed with Bush on the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Trump expressed surprise that then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, a Democrat, did not attempt to impeach Bush over the foreign policy decision made after Congress authorized the use of force in Iraq with a joint resolution.

“I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush,” Trump told Wolf Blitzer in a CNN interview.

“It just seemed like she was going to really look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which, personally, I think would have been a wonderful thing,” the 2016 Republican presidential candidate explained.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/08/31/donald-trump-wanted-last-republican-president-impeached-for-foreign-policy-lies/#ixzz40FdPG4f7
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

HAPPY2BME

FLASHBACK: Bush admits Iraq had no WMDs & had nothing to do with 9/11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M-ClS5uwNo

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Trump from 2000, The America We Deserve (before Bush was elected)
Consider Iraq. After each pounding from U.S . warplanes, Iraq has dusted itself off and gone right back to work developing a nuclear arsenal. Six years of tough talk and U.S. fireworks in Baghdad have done little to slow Iraq's crash program to become a nuclear power. They've got missiles capable of flying nine hundred kilometers--more than enough to reach Tel Aviv. They've got enriched uranium. All they need is the material for nuclear fission to complete the job, and, according to the Rumsfeld report, we don't even know for sure if they've laid their hands on that yet. That's what our last aerial assault on Iraq in 1999 was about. Saddam Hussein wouldn't let UN weapons inspectors examine certain sites where that material might be stored. The result when our bombing was over? We still don't know what Iraq is up to or whether it has the material to build nuclear weapons. I'm no warmonger. But the fact is, if we decide a strike against Iraq is necessary, it is madness not to carry the mission to its conclusion. When we don't, we have the worst of all worlds: Iraq remains a threat, and now has more incentive than ever to attack us.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 06:36:06 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline Politics4us

What about in 2003? Are there quotes from him then?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Trump is a Clintoon loving Democrat and always has been! End of story!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Time erases some memories.

Trump may have hurt himself with establishment types over his Iraq war comments but overall probably helped his numbers in South Carolina's open primary and beyond... Though, that's not predictable with any degree of certainty in this bizarre 2016 race.

Offline ABX

What about in 2003? Are there quotes from him then?

In 04, he was going full code pink truther-
http://www.rense.com/general54/bushs.htm (sorry about the source but it is just a re-post of a Reuters article).

Then in 2011 he was still code-pinko and actually praising how Saddam ran Iraq. (albeit he lied about Saddam having no connection to terrorism- Saddam used terrorists for his purposes, the ones he shot were the ones who opposed him...)
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2011/03/donald_trump_wants_our_terrori.html
...If there's one thing America could learn from one of the world's most ruthless despots, it's how to run our justice system...

Reinforces my point about him being all things to all people. He changes his opinions on a whim to fit the audience. When it was the Clinton administration in 99/2000 providing the same evidence for Iraq that Bush later did, Trump was 'ra ra' over going in. When Bush presented the same evidence, Trump went Code Pink.

Notice Trump never acknowledged what even the NYT did that Bush was right about WMDs?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

Bush and the Coalition forces did not launch the war because they claimed WMD was found - but because of Saddam Hussein's refusal to allow UN weapons inspectors in. It was Saddam's fault for giving the impression he was hiding something or moving something out of the country. And to this day there more evidence that he was hiding something, than proof that he wasn't.

The only people left still shouting the "Bush lied men died" mantra, is Ron Paul, Leftist, and Trump and his followers.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline ABX

Bush and the Coalition forces did not launch the war because they claimed WMD was found - but because of Saddam Hussein's refusal to allow UN weapons inspectors in. It was Saddam's fault for giving the impression he was hiding something or moving something out of the country. And to this day there more evidence that he was hiding something, than proof that he wasn't.

The only people left still shouting the "Bush lied men died" mantra, is Ron Paul, Leftist, and Trump and his followers.

You are absolutely correct. Also in the list of reasons were the firing on of US aircraft, multiple treaty violations through military incursion, and the attempted assassination of a former US President. In any other world, those would be acts of war on their own.

Offline NavyCanDo

Harry Reid says Donald Trump is his man in GOP race

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/27/harry-reid-says-trumps-his-man-gop-race/

Bigun - that Deserves its own thread.   The quote below  should be damming. But his followers are so in the tank for him, I just don't know.   

“With that bunch of people running, I’m kind of pulling for him,” Mr. Reid said.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

Trump may have hurt himself with establishment types over his Iraq war comments but overall probably helped his numbers in South Carolina's open primary and beyond... Though, that's not predictable with any degree of certainty in this bizarre 2016 race.

Anyone who was listening at all knows that Bush never said we went into Iraq because Iraq had anything to do with 9/11.

The issue was terrorism, and Saddam was a terrorist of the first order.

Happy is using a strawman argument, and it's a ridiculous one at that.  You can agree or disagree with going into Iraq, but the only one erasing his memory is Happy....
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Trump is a Clintoon loving Democrat and always has been! End of story!

Or it should be.

People supporting Trump, know he's (still) a Democrat and don't care.

The only conclusion to draw is that they WANT a Democrat to be President, and just think that Trump is a better Democrat choice than Hillary or Bernie.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline ABX

Bigun - that Deserves its own thread.   The quote below  should be damming....

We already passed the 5th Avenue moment and we've seen that's one thing Trump was right on.

Offline NavyCanDo

Like the outrage and disbelief we ALL had of Uday's soccer field executions and the torture of players. The video of two women shot in the back of the head in one of these soccer fields. People being thrown from rooftops, the mass graves and Saddam’s crimes against humanity, the gassing of Kurds.     

Offline flowers

i don't have the bandwidth to watch youtube....do you have a link to actual article i could read?

Offline musiclady

i don't have the bandwidth to watch youtube....do you have a link to actual article i could read?

flowers, he didn't "admit" anything.   He said the intelligence that everyone had was incorrect, and that Saddam was lying about what he was doing, but never said, EVER that Iraq had anything to do with 9/11.

Offline aligncare

It's a WH press conference showing Pres. Bush say there were no WMD's and that the Iraq invasion had nothing to do with 9/11.

Offline flowers

thank you musiclady and aligncare.