Author Topic: New Dem Louisiana Governor threatens: If we don’t raise taxes, I’ll stop LSU football  (Read 290 times)

Offline Paladin

"Gov. John Bel Edwards’ talk of shuttered hospitals, college closures and a canceled football season for the LSU Tigers drew attention Friday to Louisiana’s deep budget woes, mixed with criticism that the Democratic governor was fear-mongering.

Parents and students took to social media and called their legislators, worried about cuts to the state’s free college tuition program, known as TOPS, after Edwards said it wouldn’t be fully funded this year. The governor tried to lessen the immediate concern, saying tuition costs wouldn’t be passed to students but would be absorbed by colleges.

Sports websites lit up with stories that Louisiana’s favorite sport, college football, could be canceled because of budget cuts. LSU’s powerhouse running back Leonard Fournette took to Twitter to announce, “I’m not going nowhere.”

…He said college campuses would run out of money, forcing massive layoffs and class cancellations.

He said students “will receive a grade of incomplete, many students will not be able to graduate and student athletes across the state at those schools will be ineligible to play next semester.”

“That means you can say farewell to college football next fall,” he said."

http://poorrichardsnews.com/new-dem-louisiana-governor-threatens-if-we-dont-raise-taxes-ill-stop-lsu-football/

I reckon if this fellow were to cross the Sabine River and make such a threat the citizens of Texas, at the very least, would tar and feather him, maybe worse.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.