Author Topic: Hewitt: ‘Senators Will Lose Their Jobs If They Block The Blockade’ [VIDEO]  (Read 396 times)

rangerrebew

Hewitt: ‘Senators Will Lose Their Jobs If They Block The Blockade’ [VIDEO]

Christian Datoc
Reporter
10:12 AM 02/14/2016

Conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt said on CNN’s “State of the Union” Sunday that any Republican senator who does not actively block President Obama’s Supreme Court nomination will be voted out of office.

“If I were a Republican — whether the Majority Leader all the way down to the county clerk — and every nominee I would say no hearings. No votes. Lame ducks don’t make lifetime appointments.”

“There is no precedent,” he continued. “And I will simply add, the base will not forgive anyone. Senators will lose their jobs if they block the blockade. There should be an absolute blockade on this.”

Furthermore, he criticized Sen. Patrick Leahy , who earlier in the program claimed any act to block a nomination would ignore the Constitution. (VIDEO: Leahy — Republicans Blocking A Nomination Are ‘Ignoring The Constitution’)

“Patrick Leahy who was on here just earlier voted 27 times to block a vote to a Republican nominee between 2001-2003. Patrick Leahy created the conditions that he was decrying.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/14/hewitt-senators-will-lose-their-jobs-if-they-block-the-blockade-video/#ixzz40F6b4sOz

Offline Politics4us

I don't want Obama to make an appointment, but what about Justice Kennedy being confirmed during the 1988 Election year? How was that different? Just wondering.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Hugh isn't right that often, but I think he's got it here.

Of course, it's not going to be that helpful to vote them out AFTER they allow 0bama to appoint another Supreme Court judge.

Offline Relic

Members of the political class don't care what we want. Even though McConnell was running his mouth early on, I suspect a liberal/statist judge will be confirmed.

Do you honestly think anyone in the political class worries about being voted out? If they are following their marching orders, their post elective office life will be better than most of us can dream of life being.

Offline Politics4us

Chris Christie appointed a Democrat after Sen. Frank Lautenberg died.