Author Topic: Lawbreaking Princeton Professor Claims She Was Arrested Because Of Her ‘Blackness’  (Read 279 times)

rangerrebew

Lawbreaking Princeton Professor Claims She Was Arrested Because Of Her ‘Blackness’

Brian Anderson
February 13, 2016

For the most part, racism is a figment of the imagination in a certain segment of the black population. And while they claim they want to eliminate this make-believe racism, the truth is they would be lost without it. Race-hustlers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be out of a job and many others would have to face responsibility for their actions. For example: a black professor, who is guilty of several crimes, is blaming racism for her recent arrest because…she can.

Imani Perry is an African American studies professor at Princeton University. The NY Daily News reports that she was pulled over in Princeton, NJ on February 6th for going 67mph in a 45mph zone. That’s 22 mph hour over the speed limit, so we can safely say she wasn’t racially profiled; she was driving like a maniac.

When cops ran her information, they discovered that she had a suspended license and a warrant for her arrest. You see, she had a two-year old unpaid parking ticket, which resulted in the warrant and the suspended license. She was arrested. Again, there was nothing racial about this; it’s the law. When police pull someone over with a warrant, they have to arrest that person, even if it’s only for an unpaid ticket.

In the dashcam video of the arrest, which can be seen at the NY Daily news link, officers are professional and courteous as she is taken into custody. There is no abusive language or brutal treatment on the part of the officers whatsoever.

Perry was allowed to settle up on her outstanding ticket and released. This was a routine arrest with nothing more to it. Well, it’s routine to normal non-race-hustling people anyways. To social justice warriors, it was a racist hate crime perpetrated by white supremacists.

In a lengthy FaceBook rant, Perry gave her impressions of the arrest:

Now, make no mistake, I do not believe I did anything wrong. But even if I did, my position holds. The police treated me inappropriately and disproportionately. The fact of my blackness is not incidental to this matter.

And:

…I hope everyone reading will consider the possibility that the way I was treated had something to do with my race, and that we have a serious problem with policing in this society particularly with respect to Black people.

And:

But I can say that what I experienced was far more likely because my skin is a deep brown, my nose is round, and my hair is coily. And given the accumulation of police violence against Black people in this society, my fear at being stopped and arrested as a Black woman was warranted and even reasonable.

Now get this: Perry is upset because when she was arrested, she was placed in handcuffs, patted down, and not allowed to make a phone call until she was taken to the police station. What she is calling racism is what everyone else in country calls getting arrested.

Perry didn’t pay a ticket, got her license suspended, and a warrant issued. She was driving on a suspended license and speeding. She was arrested for violating the law. None of this is because she is black; it’s because she doesn’t have any respect for the law. This is the least racist thing that has ever happened. Even Al Sharpton would look at this and say, “Sorry, I don’t see the racism.”

If the only racism you can prove is being held accountable for your actions, all you’ve really done is proved that racism doesn’t exist.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/lawbreaking-princeton-professor-claims-she-was-arrested-because-of-her-blackness
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:40:20 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

In Ontario, Canada going that much over the speed limit would get your license and car confiscated on the spot.  If that been the case here, she could lie all she wants about the incident but she would have to walk to do it.