Author Topic: Roy Moore should replace Scalia  (Read 510 times)

PaleoConPrep

Roy Moore should replace Scalia
« on: February 14, 2016, 07:52:06 am »
If the Republicans win the Presidency and retain the Senate, Roy Moore should replace Scalia. He is the most conservative, Godlly judge in America. I also like Caleb Stegall. What do you think?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Roy Moore should replace Scalia
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 08:07:09 am »
Um - do you honestly think the Repubs are going to be able to stonewall for 11 months?

Not a chance.

Especially since the Worm is going to nominate Cruz to fill the slot. Purely for the chaos value, if nothing else.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 09:00:04 pm »
If the Republicans win the Presidency and retain the Senate, Roy Moore should replace Scalia. He is the most conservative, Godlly judge in America. I also like Caleb Stegall. What do you think?

========================

The GOPe would NEVER confirm Roy Moore as a USSC justice for the very same reason that qualifies him:  He is the most conservative, Godlly judge in America.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 09:14:03 pm »
Um - do you honestly think the Repubs are going to be able to stonewall for 11 months?

Not a chance.

Especially since the Worm is going to nominate Cruz to fill the slot. Purely for the chaos value, if nothing else.

All the Senate majority has to do... is nothing. There is no legislative mechanism for the Democrat minority to force a vote on whoever the "Worm" sees fit to nominate. As long as Mitch McConnell declines to act on a nomination, nothing will happen, absent a "recess appointment", which while theoretically possible (and which has occurred), is easily avoided by keeping the Senate in session by simple, pro forma means. 

As for nominating Cruz, well, that would be a hoot. Won't happen. Obama will choose a nominee of his own ideological proclivity, likely drawn from the ranks of whatever heretofore under-pandered-to minority group he thinks will most benefit the Democrats by means of Republican obstruction, in the fall election.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 09:42:23 pm »

Why would you want Roy Moore on the US Supreme Court when he has advocated defying the same court over the issues of the Ten Commandments in a government building and gay marriage?

Even Republicans wouldn't support this renegade.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Paladin

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 09:47:53 pm »
Ray Moore? Ain't gonna happen but such a choice would be excellent.

Related to this subject, I see where at least one of the candidates supposedly in the running with Obama is Janet Napolitano, and another name mentioned is Eric Holder.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.