Author Topic: TRUMP THUNDER IN SC DEBATE DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL - DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL  (Read 19050 times)

Offline Longiron

Re: TRUMP THUNDER IN SC DEBATE DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL - DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2016, 02:02:21 pm »
How in the hell is George W. Bush responsible for September 11th?

He was POTUS less than 8 months, when the attack came.

I'm disappointed in Trump.  :chairbang:

Here what you are saying BUT it happened on his watch and that cannot be changed. He should have listened to his CIA director and WHY did the bin Ladin family get out of the US with a national no fly ORDER in Place?       
I guess have to read Stones book to find out? :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2016, 02:20:20 pm »
Of course.  When the savior of America raises this question, like lemmings his supporters turn into 9/11 truthers.

Shut up, you twit. I'm not a lemming.

Didn't take you long to go for the personal, did it? Just last night I was reading one of your posts thinking, Gee, sinkspur's making a reasoned, intelligent comment -- The kind I remember enjoy reading. Then, this crap again.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2016, 02:30:58 pm »
Shut up, you twit. I'm not a lemming.

Didn't take you long to go for the personal, did it? Just last night I was reading one of your posts thinking, Gee, sinkspur's making a reasoned, intelligent comment -- The kind I remember enjoy reading. Then, this crap again.

My comment was not directed at you. 

It's crap because 9/11 Truthers are nutso.  Trump went full bore Truther last night.

Do you agree with him that Bush was responsible for 9/11?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2016, 02:32:56 pm »
My mood last night was extremely sullen, largely due to Justice Scalia's passing but also because of dealings with regulatory bodies on the business front.  I recorded the debates and engaged on about a 30-minute lag.  I prayed silently that one takeaway of the debates would be some kind of optimism.  Yes... Hope.  The epic bs on display had just the opposite effect.  What a clown show... The shallow attacks, childish animations, un-substantive points.  Beautiful, wonderful, really great, amazing... idiot, liar, your dad, your brother...  WMD's? Really? 

And perhaps worse, I took a tour around various so-called conservative forums this morning...  My God.  Then, there is the glee on FB, twitter, and other social pages regarding the passing of a true patriot and brilliant legal mind.  A man who understood the Constitutional construct of our nation.

Bernie... Hillary... Ignoring serious rule of law while trumpeting the petty...

I wouldn't be surprised if organized terrorist groups are tabling (not canceling) attack plans to see how badly we damage ourselves, how weak we become.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:40:32 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2016, 02:37:10 pm »
How in the hell is George W. Bush responsible for September 11th?

He was POTUS less than 8 months, when the attack came.
I'm disappointed in Trump.  :chairbang:

You're catching on.   :dx1:

Look, if Trump had tried to make the case that GWB had not paid enough attention to his foreign intelligence briefings during his first eight months in office, then, okay: that might have been a reasonable argument. Not correct, I would judge, but still reasonable.

What Trump ought to have done, assuming he understands the issue sufficiently, is to point a finger of blame squarely at Bill Clinton, who so neglected and degraded our foreign intelligence capabilities (obtained mainly via CIA stations and the foreign service desks and then transmitted to DC for analysis) that we never put the pieces together.

I think that would have been a more effective argument for him - going after the Clinton Family as opposed to Jeb Bush's family.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:37:46 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2016, 02:40:57 pm »
My mood last night was extremely sullen, largely due to Justice Scalia's passing but also because of dealings with regulatory bodies on the business front.  I recorded the debates and engaged on about a 30-minute lag.  I prayed silently that one takeaway of the debates would be some kind of optimism.  Yes... Hope.  The epic bs on display had just the opposite effect.  What a clown show... The shallow attacks, childish animations, un-substantive points.  Beautiful, wonderful, really great, amazing... idiot, liar, your dad, your brother...

And perhaps worse, I took a tour around various so-called conservative forums this morning...  My God.  Then, there is the glee on FB, twitter, and other social pages regarding the passing of a true patriot and brilliant legal mind.  A man who understood the Constitutional construct of our nation.

I wouldn't be surprised if organized terrorist groups are tabling (not canceling) attack plans to see how badly we damage ourselves, how weak we become.

A very good assessment IMHO!  :beer:  :patriot:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2016, 02:43:55 pm »
My mood last night was extremely sullen, largely due to Justice Scalia's passing but also because of dealings with regulatory bodies on the business front.  I recorded the debates and engaged on about a 30-minute lag.  I prayed silently that one takeaway of the debates would be some kind of optimism.  Yes... Hope.  The epic bs on display had just the opposite effect.  What a clown show...

Lando - please try not to let all of that get you down.

You know what? There are a lot of idiots out there, as there always have been. It is only an artifact of the technological genius that made services such as Facebook and Twitter possible that we are now fully able to hear them all speak at once.

Think instead that our nation was and still is capable of producing a man as brilliant, decent, kind, thoughtful, robust and positively impactful as Nino Scalia.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2016, 02:44:06 pm »
You're catching on.   :dx1:

Look, if Trump had tried to make the case that GWB had not paid enough attention to his foreign intelligence briefings during his first eight months in office, then, okay: that might have been a reasonable argument. Not correct, I would judge, but still reasonable.

What Trump ought to have done, assuming he understands the issue sufficiently, is to point a finger of blame squarely at Bill Clinton, who so neglected and degraded our foreign intelligence capabilities (obtained mainly via CIA stations and the foreign service desks and then transmitted to DC for analysis) that we never put the pieces together.

I think that would have been a more effective argument for him - going after the Clinton Family as opposed to Jeb Bush's family.

Just to be clear, Trump criticized President Bush, not the Bush familiy.
JB was the one that turned it into a personal attack by his "I am tired of people attacking MY brother".
President Bush's decisions are fair game.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2016, 02:49:21 pm »
JB was the one that turned it into a personal attack by his "I am tired of people attacking MY brother".

Do you honestly believe that GW purposefully LIED about the intelligence he was receiving at the time in order to  go into IRAQ?

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2016, 02:50:12 pm »
Do you honestly believe that GW purposefully LIED about the intelligence he was receiving at the time in order to  go into IRAQ?

Is that what I said?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2016, 02:50:39 pm »

I heard exactly what he said. Donald Trump accused George Bush of being at least partially culpable for the deaths of over 3,000 Americans on 9/11, and then went on to strongly imply that the thousands of Americans who died in Iraq did so in vain. 

In a saner time in America - which it appears is pretty much every time before now - the man would have been booed off stage, not by "donors", but by everyone.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2016, 02:53:44 pm »
I heard exactly what he said. Donald Trump accused George Bush of being at least partially culpable for the deaths of over 3,000 Americans on 9/11, and then went on to strongly imply that the thousands of Americans who died in Iraq did so in vain. 

In a saner time in America - which it appears is pretty much every time before now - the man would have been booed off stage, not by "donors", but by everyone.

Ok, once again, I said nothing in my post about 9/11....

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 02:56:12 pm »

So "Bush lied, people died" is a credible attack?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2016, 03:00:00 pm »
Is that what I said?

Donald TRump did so that is the heart of the matter!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2016, 03:00:23 pm »
So "Bush lied, people died" is a credible attack?

Is that what I said?
gezzz, don't let your emotions cloud your vision, it is hard to read...  :beer:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2016, 03:01:57 pm »
Donald TRump did so that is the heart of the matter!

I give up...

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2016, 03:02:09 pm »
Ok, once again, I said nothing in my post about 9/11....

I never said that you did.

But it was the explicit subject of Mr. Trump's attack on Jeb Bush, and it is not the first time that he has gone to that particular poisoned well. 

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2016, 03:04:05 pm »
I said this on another thread but...

If you reside somewhere on the right-of-center political spectrum, you lost last night.
John Steinbeck

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2016, 03:04:12 pm »

I did NOT watch the debate.  Only reports and what I've seen here.

GWB was in NO way responsible for what happened on September 11th, 2001.   Mr. Atta and the boyz were already here when Bush moved into the White House.

I do believe every soldier who died or was wounded in the Iraq Campaign....DID SO IN VAIN.   But that lies, squarely in the hands of Barack Obama & Company. 

Seeing the situation over there today, Gaddafi, Mubarak and even Saddam Hussein should be canonized as 'Saints', for stablizing their respective county.

New Boss...same as the Old Boss....but worse.

It also sheds light on the reasoning behind the declaration "Kill them all and let God sort it out"
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:05:36 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2016, 03:06:48 pm »
I said this on another thread but...

If you reside somewhere on the right-of-center political spectrum, you lost last night.

And, I would add, that even if you don't reside somewhere on the right-of-center political spectrum, you lost last night but are unable to recognize it.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:22 pm »
I do believe every soldier who died or was wounded in the Iraq Campaign....DID SO IN VAIN.   But that lies, squarely in the hands of Barack Obama & Company. 

EXACTLY right and THAT is what Trump SHOULD have said last night but didn't!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:23 pm »
But that lies, squarely in the hands of Barack Obama & Company. 

And instead, we are led to a fratricidal fire drill by our frontrunner. 
John Steinbeck

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2016, 03:07:56 pm »

GWB was in NO way responsible for what happened on September 11th, 2001.   Mr. Atta and the boyz were already here when Bush moved into the White House.

Seeing the situation over there today, Gaddafi, Mubarak and even Saddam Hussein should be canonized as 'Saints', for stablizing their respective county.

New Boss...same as the Old Boss....but worse.

It also sheds light on the reasoning behind the declaration "Kill them all and let God sort it out"

word
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2016, 03:08:45 pm »
Bigun, this is getting scary!  :beer:
John Steinbeck