Author Topic: TRUMP THUNDER IN SC DEBATE DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL - DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL  (Read 19059 times)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Re: TRUMP THUNDER IN SC DEBATE DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL - DOMINATES DRUDGE POLL
« Reply #100 on: February 14, 2016, 05:29:54 pm »
He really, really turned me off last night. I've given him plenty of room because of his usefulness so far in the process, and the hope that if he did become the established frontrunner, he'd change up his game and be the positive visionary that he is capable of being.

What I saw last night is a man who is not able to rise above the caricature of himself. He just kept attacking and getting crazier with it by the minute. I saw his after interview and he kept right with it. Then there was the whole truther thing, and the 'Bush lied' thing.

What I saw was a man who cannot control his impulses and reacts to any provocation with kneejerk scorched earth. I can't put my confidence in someone who can be prodded and goaded that easily to go unhinged.

Respect.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2016, 05:42:07 pm »

Grab on to your chair. I also think Vietnam was a mistake and caused the wasted death of too many of my generation. What evidence have I that Vietnam is another example in the long line of government blunder and deceit? A unified Vietnam (>1975) never did not result in chaos or any sort of threat to Western democracy after Saigon "fell."

But, a post-invasion Iraq has resulted in chaos and Middle Eastern instability and direct threats to America and Americans.

Governments often beat the drums of war without any real dialogue with the sons and daughters of the supposed "self governing" citizens who are asked to sacrifice their lives.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2016, 05:49:37 pm »
Grab on to your chair. I also think Vietnam was a mistake and caused the wasted death of too many of my generation. What evidence have I that Vietnam is another example in the long line of government blunder and deceit? A unified Vietnam (>1975) never did not result in chaos or any sort of threat to Western democracy after Saigon "fell."

But, a post-invasion Iraq has resulted in chaos and Middle Eastern instability and direct threats to America and Americans.

Governments often beat the drums of war without any real dialogue with the sons and daughters of the supposed "self governing" citizens who are asked to sacrifice their lives.

We live in a representative Republic, not a direct democracy.  The Constitution provides for elected legislators to make decisions about war.  Kumbaya "dialogue" sessions are nice, but we don't have a mechanism for "self-governing" citizens to vote up or down on such issues.  If they don't like a decision, they can vote their legislator out.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 05:49:57 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2016, 05:54:20 pm »
Hmmm... I suspect some of his shouted-about trade tariffs and penalties for US companies moving overseas smack of being punitive in nature.  But then, I can't know because, well... I'm not even sure because it will be beautiful.  I'm sure our trade partners will love it, they'll pay for stuff we will build, and we'll love it.  They'll love it.  Damn, wins for everybody.  Well, except for that broadened eminent domain interpretation.  Free markets except where I choose to be punitive and controlling.  Damn, he's the One of the Right. 

I just wish he'd turn that ire towards the Democrats with specificity. 

Listen, I have not directed one personal comment at supporters of the frontrunner.  But last night embarrassed the whole process.  Just his facial mocking and pantomimes were Theater of the Absurd.  It mocked... us.  In my view, we should be deeply ashamed.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2016, 05:56:59 pm »
We have been told there was at least one big PAC aimed at taking down Trump and Cruz. Bush and Rove names come to mind.

Tickets to SC debate allocated to fill the seats with "establishment" candidate supporters, Trump detractors.

Goad Trump into mistakes, ridicule him. It worked. This is how Bush gets back in the running.

I did not see the debate, and only heard a little on the radio.

Will Trump quit of go independent, on the basis that the RNC didn't treat him as he expected?

The thing "checklist conservatives" don't understand is that Trump's supporters already expect every trick in the book to harm their guy.

So when the expected comes along, they don't turn on him; they turn more towards him.

I vow to vote the the Republican nominee, because in comparison he will be much better than the democrat.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2016, 05:57:28 pm »
Hmmm... I suspect some of his shouted-about trade tariffs and penalties for US companies moving overseas smack of being punitive in nature.  But then, I can't know because, well... I'm not even sure because it will be beautiful.  I'm sure our trade partners will love it, they'll pay for stuff we will build, and we'll love it.  They'll love it.  Damn, wins for everybody.  Well, except for that broadened eminent domain interpretation.  Free markets except where I choose to be punitive and controlling.  Damn, he's the One of the Right. 

I just wish he'd turn that ire towards the Democrats with specificity. 

Listen, I have not directed one personal comment at supporters of the frontrunner.  But last night embarrassed the whole process.  Just his facial mocking and pantomimes were Theater of the Absurd.  It mocked... us.  In my view, we should be deeply ashamed.

That brings up a question: has DT leveled any criticism at Clinton or Sanders?  I haven't heard any, but I freely admit to suffering from DT fatigue and not following him as closely as I could.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2016, 05:58:33 pm »

Ac you speak the truth.  You put your life on the line for us - we can never thank you guys enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f33qUqdZapw

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2016, 06:00:21 pm »
We have been told there was at least one big PAC aimed at taking down Trump and Cruz. Bush and Rove names come to mind.

Tickets to SC debate allocated to fill the seats with "establishment" candidate supporters, Trump detractors.

Goad Trump into mistakes, ridicule him. It worked. This is how Bush gets back in the running.

I did not see the debate, and only heard a little on the radio.

Will Trump quit of go independent, on the basis that the RNC didn't treat him as he expected?

The thing "checklist conservatives" don't understand is that Trump's supporters already expect every trick in the book to harm their guy.

So when the expected comes along, they don't turn on him; they turn more towards him.

I vow to vote the the Republican nominee, because in comparison he will be much better than the democrat.

Must have been the booing that caused Trump to bring up his Truther views, his "Bush lied, people died" meme. 

Nothing this man does is ever his fault.   

A Republican Obama.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2016, 06:07:05 pm »
That brings up a question: has DT leveled any criticism at Clinton or Sanders?  I haven't heard any, but I freely admit to suffering from DT fatigue and not following him as closely as I could.

Yes, at his rallies Trump is fierce against Clinton and Sanders.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2016, 06:15:37 pm »
It ain't me
It ain't me
I ain't no 'fortunate' one (by far and far away, and I am still not)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What I saw last night is a man who is not able to rise above the caricature of himself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not understand his statement. The caricature of himself is who he is. You want him to rise above 'himself'. Whom do you wish him to be? Should he be someone else. Should he morph into Jeb Bush for you?

Trump is Trump. He is who he is. That is exactly what is driving all the slimy parasites in government crazy. Trump is not controlled, and it scares the crap out of everyone. 'Control' is what the government is all about.

The idea of have a 'real citizen' President, who is not 'part of the club', is something they cannot digest.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2016, 06:18:50 pm »
Yes, at his rallies Trump is fierce against Clinton and Sanders.

Hmmm.  I haven't attended Trump rallies, so must get my news from the media.  I do know that he criticized her for taking a bathroom break during a debate, but I'm wondering if he's criticized either for anything substantive and important?

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2016, 06:20:45 pm »
Hmmm.  I haven't attended Trump rallies, so must get my news from the media.  I do know that he criticized her for taking a bathroom break during a debate, but I'm wondering if he's criticized either for anything substantive and important?

Donald Trump attacks Hillary Clinton

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2016, 06:23:19 pm »
Where did this headline come from? It's not at the link provided.

http://www.drudgereport.com/nowscd.htm

It's on the page after the link where you vote. Just click on the url above and you will see it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2016, 06:31:26 pm »
http://www.drudgereport.com/nowscd.htm

It's on the page after the link where you vote. Just click on the url above and you will see it.

It was a headline on Drudge. I saw it there.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #114 on: February 14, 2016, 06:35:36 pm »
Donald Trump attacks Hillary Clinton

OK, that pulled up 3 stories about DT going after HRC for her husband's affairs.  I'm still not seeing anything, like "she's a leftist, she's for big government, she lies", etc.  Thanks for those links though.  I'll keep looking.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »
I'm hoping George W. takes on Trump directly this week just so Trump will come back at him with his usual nastiness.  W is liked in SC and his trashing of Bush could backfire big time.

Scott Lincicome@scottlincicome
At this point, I half-expect Trump to yell "FIRE CAN'T MELT STEEL JEB" at the next debate, and then see his poll numbers go up 2 days later

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2016, 07:09:51 pm »
It ain't me
It ain't me

What I saw last night is a man who is not able to rise above the caricature of himself.

I do not understand his statement. The caricature of himself is who he is. You want him to rise above 'himself'. Whom do you wish him to be? Should he be someone else. Should he morph into Jeb Bush for you?

Trump is Trump. He is who he is. That is exactly what is driving all the slimy parasites in government crazy. Trump is not controlled, and it scares the crap out of everyone. 'Control' is what the government is all about.

The idea of have a 'real citizen' President, who is not 'part of the club', is something they cannot digest.

So billionaire Archie Bunker (with a side of Nixon)  for President?   Now that's a citizen-President!

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2016, 07:23:42 pm »
It ain't me
It ain't me

A caricature is an exaggeration of your (often worst) qualities, physical or personality wise, that someone else draws or describes. The DT we saw last night was exactly the man that his detractors have said he is.

So basically instead of proving them wrong, he played into their hands, and made it questionable whether he was anyone but that guy. A guy that can't rise above cheap shots taken at him, is easily goaded or baited, and when his buttons pushed goes unhinged with just random, crazy, scorched earth rants.

That's the kind of guy that can be played and manipulated. Instead of projecting strength last night, he projected deep vulnerability. He sounded like a petty, catty mob wife at a hair salon in Queens, frothing and ranting for half an hour because Teena Marie called her a snobby bitch with bad fake hair at a party last week.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 08:14:20 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #118 on: February 14, 2016, 07:37:44 pm »
In my world, there can be no defending the debate of last night. None.

I can tell you this! The top executives at SEE BS News are dancing a jig over what they pulled off last night!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #119 on: February 14, 2016, 07:40:30 pm »
I read your post where you promised to start going Native on Trump Supporters.    :laugh:

There is NO alternative to Donald Trump if you want to see a GOP victory in November.

Cruz is Public Enemy #1 on Capitol Hill and in the MSM.  Rubio is a 'child' among men.  Jeb Bush is a Bush.

B.S. ! That is precisely WHY we should nominate Cruz!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #120 on: February 14, 2016, 07:43:51 pm »
Trump is a pure unadulterated free-market Capitalist.  One who thinks the market is too regulated by burdensome laws...laws passed by an Obama Administration.

That makes him a Conservative today....albeit a Moderate one based upon his other troubling statements.

NO he isn't! He's a crony capitalist at best and I don't really think he is any kind of capitalist!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #121 on: February 14, 2016, 07:45:27 pm »
Please say that is sarcasm.  Trump is an unapologetic crony corporatist, thriving in corruption of the highest order who uses his influence and dollars to create get his politicians to create burdensome laws and regulations to stifle his competitors and favor himself. Even his biggest apologists defend him on this saying 'it is just business'. His stated proposals don't even address a 'market too regulated by burdensome laws', on the contrary, look at how many times he has referenced if he is elected 'forcing' businesses to do one thing or another.

It is one of the main things so many of us who have followed him for so long point to when saying how he can't be trusted and he is no where near a Conservative Constitutionalist that is needed at this time.

:amen: I responded to the same post before I saw this one and YOU are right on the mark!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2016, 07:50:42 pm »
I can tell you this! The top executives at SEE BS News are dancing a jig over what they pulled off last night!

Who sponsored this?  The RNC!  THAT'S who is dancing a jig! 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2016, 07:52:08 pm »
Who sponsored this?  The RNC!  THAT'S who is dancing a jig!

Maybe BOTH of them are!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2016, 07:57:05 pm »

Too bad Jimmy Stewart won't be available to play him in the movie.

"Citizen" Trump indeed.

The regular guy fighting the corrupt, slimy politicians who ruined America at the bequest of their masters, the greedy, amoral rich and monied elite who buys politicians wholesale.

Wait... Trump IS the guy who buys those politicians.

So saying that Trulp is the solution to corrupt politicians in government is kind of like saying that the bast way to defeat Isis is to put Muhammad in charge of our military.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx