Author Topic: Sanders: We Must End Over-Policing in African-American Neighborhoods  (Read 396 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/sanders-we-must-end-over-policing-african-american-neighborhoods

By Melanie Hunter | February 12, 2016 | 1:17 PM EST

(CNSNews.com) – Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) called for an end of “over-policing” in black neighborhoods during the PBS Democratic presidential debate in Milwaukee, Wis., on Thursday night.

“What we have to do is end over-policing in African-American neighborhoods. The reality is that both the African-American community and the white community do marijuana at about equal rates,” Sanders said. “The reality is four times as many blacks get arrested for marijuana. Truth is that far more blacks get stopped for traffic violations.”

continued..with video
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: Sanders: We Must End Over-Policing in African-American Neighborhoods
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 06:22:50 pm »
Let them police themselves. 'Cause Black Lives Matter.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Sanders: We Must End Over-Policing in African-American Neighborhoods
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 06:28:09 pm »
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/melanie-hunter/sanders-we-must-end-over-policing-african-american-neighborhoods

By Melanie Hunter | February 12, 2016 | 1:17 PM EST

(CNSNews.com) – Democratic presidential candidate Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) called for an end of “over-policing” in black neighborhoods during the PBS Democratic presidential debate in Milwaukee, Wis., on Thursday night.

“What we have to do is end over-policing in African-American neighborhoods. The reality is that both the African-American community and the white community do marijuana at about equal rates,” Sanders said. “The reality is four times as many blacks get arrested for marijuana. Truth is that far more blacks get stopped for traffic violations.”

continued..with video

Bernie, that may not be very popular in black communities.  Black people, like most of us, like to have some sense of safety and order at home.  (Me, I like to keep my own order and safety, but I live in a place that allows for that.)