Author Topic: Employees React To News 1,400 Jobs Are Leaving The Country [VIDEO]  (Read 966 times)

rangerrebew

Employees React To News 1,400 Jobs Are Leaving The Country [VIDEO]

Posted By Rachel Stoltzfoos On 12:19 PM 02/12/2016 In | No Comments

Carrier Air Conditioning announced this week it’s shipping 1,400 jobs to Mexico, and the reaction of a room full of employees when they learned the news was caught on camera.

“The best way to stay competitive and protect the business for long-term is to move production from our facility in Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico,” a man speaking on behalf of the company says in the video to a large crowd of employees in a gymnasium-like room.

The crowd immediately erupts in shouts and boos. “That’s why you brought all those motherfuckers here!” one man shouts.

WATCH:

“Listen, we’ve got, I’ve got information that’s important to share as a part of transition,” the speaker continues. “If we could go ahead, if you don’t want to hear it other people do, so let’s quiet down. Thank you very much.”

“We also intend to relocate the distribution center from Indianapolis as well,” he continued. “Relocating our operations to Monterrey will allow us to maintain high levels of product quality –”

“Why would we care?” a man interjects.

“At competitive prices, and continue to serve the extremely price sensitive market place,” the speaker says, as people are heard yelling and exclaiming in the background. “I want to be clear, this is a strictly business decision.”

At that many laugh and continue to boo the speaker. “Once again, let’s please get, more information to share,” he says. “And by no means reflects the performance of this facility or any individual within it.”

The transition will not begin until mid-2017 and will take place over three years. The speaker ensured the crowd they’ll discuss the plan with the employees’ union representatives.

[dcquiz] “Through all the transition, we must remain committed to manufacturing the same high-quality products,” he says, to which someone yells loudly: “bleep you!”

The speaker again pauses to quiet the crowd, and continues: We still have a job to do. This is an extremely difficult decision, it was made most difficult because I understand that it will have an impact on all of you, your families and the community. As we continue and just as we are doing today, we will provide you with as much information as soon as possible about the transition. This will allow you to understand the plan better as well as the impact on you personally. We are committed to treating you with respect throughout this transition, and we will work with your union representatives to help ensure that this is the case.”

Follow Rachel on Twitter

Content created by The Daily Caller News Foundation is available without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@dailycallernewsfoundation.org.

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2016/02/12/employees-react-to-news-1400-jobs-are-leaving-the-country-video/

Offline EdinVA

Re: Employees React To News 1,400 Jobs Are Leaving The Country [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 01:52:04 pm »
This will be interesting to watch over the coming months....

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 03:40:07 pm »
This really makes me angry!   These moves have to stop!   :soangry:

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 08:04:56 pm »
These are union jobs....did not know that. it will be interesting to watch.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 08:14:56 pm »

Move or close. Those are the alternatives when a product is no longer competitive.

This has to chap Donald.  And they're going to MEXICO, of all places!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 08:17:56 pm »

Wonder if even one of those 1400 souls has a clue as to the real reason their jobs are being shipped out of the country?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 08:27:52 pm »
Wonder if even one of those 1400 souls has a clue as to the real reason their jobs are being shipped out of the country?
republicans of course!   :smokin:

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 09:00:56 pm »

Let's see . . . a regulatory structure that has long enough punished business arbitrarily, small and large alike, ignorant of the laws of unintended consequences?
A tax structure that advantages some businesses at the expense of others (a.k.a. crony capitalism and other euphemisms)?
Union costs?

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 12:25:39 pm »
Move or close. Those are the alternatives when a product is no longer competitive.

Really, the product is no longer competitive?  Really?  **nononono*

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 01:36:17 pm »
‘F*ck You!’: 1400 Jobs Just Got Shipped to Mexico, Thanks Obama! (VIDEO)
Downtrend
February 13, 2016

A scene that is way to common in Obama’s America just got caught on tape.

Carrier Air Conditioner, who had operations in Indianapolis, just decided to shutter is American operations and ship 1400 jobs in Mexico.

“The best way to stay competitive and protect the business for long-term is to move production from our facility in Indianapolis to Monterrey, Mexico,” a spokesperson for the company is heart telling the working.

“F-ck you!” scream several members of the crowd in response.

Watch the video above

http://downtrend.com/dtvideos/fck-you-1400-jobs-just-got-shipped-to-mexico-thanks-obama-video
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 01:36:55 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 02:23:14 pm »
Let's see . . . a regulatory structure that has long enough punished business arbitrarily, small and large alike, ignorant of the laws of unintended consequences?

:thumbsup:

A tax structure that advantages some businesses at the expense of others (a.k.a. crony capitalism and other euphemisms)?

This is the main one! The Marxist income tax and particularly the Corporate income tax along with the compliance costs attendant to it  puts anything made in the USA today at an immediate  price disadvantage in the world market.

Union costs?

Yes but much less significant than the other two.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 02:27:06 pm »
Really, the product is no longer competitive?  Really?  **nononono*

Yep! EXACTLY right! When the tax structure and regulatory environment at home make it impossible to produce your product at a price which will allow you to compete in the world market and still make a profit those are the only two options available to you and that's exactly where the USA is today!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 08:54:11 pm »
I'll bet most of them voted for the savior to begin with and now feel abandoned.  It is exactly what Hitler did, get rid of unions who supported him after attaining powers to minimize resistance to his fascist programs. 888sunglass