Author Topic: Donald Trump Threatens to Sue Ted Cruz Over ‘Natural Born’ Citizenship if He Doesn’t Do These Three Things  (Read 596 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump took to Twitter — as only he does — Friday threatening to sue his chief rival Texas Sen. Ted Cruz “for not being a natural born citizen,” unless he meets three conditions.

Though vague, Trump’s first condition is that Cruz “clean up his act” on the campaign trail. Then, he says the Texas senator needs to “stop cheating,” most likely referencing the Iowa dustup over the Cruz campaign’s claim that GOP presidential hopeful Ben Carson was dropping out, which Cruz has since apologized for.

Lastly, the outspoken billionaire businessman called on Cruz to drop the “negative ads,” many of which target Trump.

If Cruz does not comply with Trump’s conditions, the billionaire says, “I have standing to sue him for not being a natural born citizen.”

Cruz and Trump are currently competing in South Carolina for the No. 1 spot. The latest polling shows Trump with 36 percent of the vote, followed by Cruz with 20 percent.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

Another thread posted is about Trump supporters who are threatening to Sue. Now Trump himself has joined the fun.    Can this election get any more crazy?
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
We have never had a President born outside the US, so there is no legal precedent.

So Cruz' claim that he is eligible, is merely the claim of a non-native born person.

We need something better than we now have, to determine eligibility.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

We have never had a President born outside the US, so there is no legal precedent.

So Cruz' claim that he is eligible, is merely the claim of a non-native born person.

We need something better than we now have, to determine eligibility.
exactly, do it now. you know the left will attack if he is the nominee.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
And to think that this crybabyish behavior is mistaken for actual leadership.

"I lost Iowa, so he must have cheated!"
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

And to think that this crybabyish behavior is mistaken for actual leadership.

"I lost Iowa, so he must have cheated!"

Cruz did cheat.  But, that's okay.  He's a conservative.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Thought you admired a "fighter."
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Cruz did cheat.  But, that's okay.  He's a conservative.

A damned lie!  Pure and simple!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:16:10 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
A damned lie!  Pure and simple!

If Cruz is an expert on the Constitution and if it is such that he is not a Natural Born Citizen - which I have seen you allude to, Bigun - then how can he protect the Constitution if he is challenging it himself?

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline NavyCanDo

John McCain was born in Panama. Where was the Eligibility questions then, from the left or the right?  There was none.   Wasn't even a topic of discussion.

As for Cruz - Someone is considered an American citizen if they meet one of three qualifications: They are born on U.S. soil, regardless of their parents' citizenship; they are born outside the U.S. to at least one American parent; they go through the naturalization process and are granted U.S. citizenship.

Cruz is clearly a citizen under the second qualification, so what's your problem?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Got to admit, that first qualification is damned stupid. Pain in the ass too, for parents who DON'T particularly want their kids to be American.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
John McCain was born in Panama. Where was the Eligibility questions then, from the left or the right?  There was none.   Wasn't even a topic of discussion.

As for Cruz - Someone is considered an American citizen if they meet one of three qualifications: They are born on U.S. soil, regardless of their parents' citizenship; they are born outside the U.S. to at least one American parent; they go through the naturalization process and are granted U.S. citizenship.

Cruz is clearly a citizen under the second qualification, so what's your problem?

I understood the issue to be not that he isn't a citizen - but that he isn't a Natural Born Citizen. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If Cruz is an expert on the Constitution and if it is such that he is not a Natural Born Citizen - which I have seen you allude to, Bigun - then how can he protect the Constitution if he is challenging it himself?

I have already discussed that at length elsewhere Alice and don't intend to do so here because it has nothing whatever to do with the charge that Cruz cheated to win in Iowa!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 01:38:41 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline R4 TrumPence

There is no point to rehash all this stuff.
Trump isn't going to do it.
Just more PR to keep the news exciting :tongue2:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02