Author Topic: Bush Denies Bringing Brother Into Race a Sign of Desperation  (Read 328 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bush Denies Bringing Brother Into Race a Sign of Desperation
« on: February 12, 2016, 03:32:05 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=714030

Newsmax
Bush Denies Bringing Brother Into Race a Sign of Desperation
Friday, February 12, 2016 08:57 AM

By: Sandy Fitzgerald

GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush Friday denied Donald Trump's accusation that bringing his brother into his race a sign of desperation heading into South Carolina and praised the former president for keeping the nation safe.

"He's popular because he kept us safe," Bush told ABC News' "Good Morning America" about former President George W. Bush, and he expects South Carolina voters will welcome the ex-leader with open arms.

"People here are pro-military, pro-veterans," said Bush. "My brother served as commander in chief and people respect that. We're in a commander in chief primary [and in a] commander in chief election. We're living in dangerous times. I think for my brother to speak on my behalf about the skills I have to lead this country will be helpful."

Trump, he continued, preys on "people's angst and fears" in a "marvelous, fantastic way with huge crowds and lots of energy. But the simple fact is as it gets to specifics on economic security and national security, he doesn't have one. "

He also criticized Trump's "divisiveness," saying that one "can't disparage women, Hispanics, the disabled, people who are war heroes and expect we'll live in a country where we have a unity of purpose.

"The president of the United States has to use words carefully. Profanity and divisive language isn't going to help us to allow people to get a pay raise for the first time in a decade."

Bush also took on Florida Sen. Marco Rubio on the show, saying it was laughable that Rubio is claiming he has no foreign policy experience.

"I was the governor of the state of Florida," said Bush. "I lead the National Guard. I had trade missions. I've lived overseas . . . I look forward to debating Marco on these issues. We share a common belief that the United States needs to be engaged in the world. To suggest he has foreign policy experience and I don't is ludicrous."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

Re: Bush Denies Bringing Brother Into Race a Sign of Desperation
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 04:29:39 pm »
G. W. Bush did not leave office as being exactly the most popular president.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 04:42:07 pm »
Bringing W out is either desperation or ignorance.  If his mother couldn't help in New Hampshire, W isn't going to help anywhere.  I am biased, I think (after voting for him twice) that he is not only a failed president, like his father, he was a disastrous president, and we are worse off than we would have been had Gore won.

I can't speak for other parts of the country, but if you want to have a chance to win anywhere in the west outside Utah, Wyoming and Idaho, bringing W out - Hell even having the name "Bush" - is going to make that impossible.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 04:49:37 pm »
I can't speak for other parts of the country, but if you want to have a chance to win anywhere in the west outside Utah, Wyoming and Idaho, bringing W out - Hell even having the name "Bush" - is going to make that impossible.

===================================

That is a universal opinion throughout the majority of voters in all fifty states.

Nobody can snatch victory from the jaws of defeat like a career Republican politician.

He might as well have brought out Karl Rove or Megyn Kelly.