Author Topic: Fiorina Suspends Campaign  (Read 1119 times)

Online mountaineer

Fiorina Suspends Campaign
« on: February 10, 2016, 08:13:59 pm »
Her Facebook announcement:

Carly Fiorina
7 mins ·

This campaign was always about citizenship—taking back our country from a political class that only serves the big, the powerful, the wealthy, and the well connected. Election after election, the same empty promises are made and the same poll-tested stump speeches are given, but nothing changes. I've said throughout this campaign that I will not sit down and be quiet. I'm not going to start now. While I suspend my candidacy today, I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them.

Our Republican Party must fight alongside these Americans as well. We must end crony capitalism by fighting the policies that allow it to flourish. We must fix our festering problems by holding our bloated, inept government bureaucracy accountable. Republicans must stand for conservative principles that lift people up and recognize all Americans have the right to fulfill their God-given potential.

To young girls and women across the country, I say: do not let others define you. Do not listen to anyone who says you have to vote a certain way or for a certain candidate because you're a woman. That is not feminism. Feminism doesn't shut down conversations or threaten women. It is not about ideology. It is not a weapon to wield against your political opponent. A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts. And always remember that a leader is not born, but made. Choose leadership.

As I have said to the many wonderful Americans I have met throughout this campaign, a leader is a servant whose highest calling is to unlock potential in others. I will continue to serve in order to restore citizen government to this great nation so that together we may fulfill our potential.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Re: Fiorina Suspends Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 08:18:29 pm »
Previous post:
Carly Fiorina
February 7 at 4:35pm ·

Last night’s debate was an utter disgrace for our party and for our democracy--and it had nothing to do with anything that happened on stage.

From the very beginning, the RNC and the mainstream media did all they could to keep us--and only us--off the debate stage in order to protect their failing establishment picks.

But the establishment’s despicable actions ramped up significantly more over the past few days: when they started intentionally doing everything they could to cripple this campaign.

Yesterday, one of the most powerful party bosses at the RNC came after me and this campaign with a below-the-belt hit on social media--simply because we dared to question the GOP’s attempts to rig the game.

And on Friday, when my campaign tried to buy ad time during the debate, we were rejected. ABC so badly wanted to ban us from this debate altogether that they wouldn’t even let this campaign pay for a TV commercial.

Luckily, the political class can only do so much. Voters like you still have the final say.

And believe me, voters are just as disgusted as we are: the harder the political class tried to shut us down over the last few days, the faster our momentum has grown. A new poll shows our support more than doubling in New Hampshire--now putting us within striking distance of frontrunners Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz.

We can continue to grow our momentum and get our message out over the next few days--but getting our message out when we’re the media and the GOP’s Public Enemy #1 means we’re in for our toughest fight yet. I’m going to need your support now, more than ever before.

Can I count you in? Please pitch in $3 so this campaign can beat the political class at their own game--and make sure voters, not elites, get to pick our nominee this spring.

https://www.carlyforpresident.com/rigged
I never was "all in" for her, but she did seem to get a raw deal, especially on this last debate.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:19:44 pm »
Previous post:I never was "all in" for her, but she did seem to get a raw deal, especially on this last debate.

Agreed! I doubt we have heard the last of her!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 08:25:20 pm »
She was,  simply put, the class of this year's field.   It's a damn shame she didn't go further - and that a moral cretin like Donald Trump is cock of the walk.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 08:49:38 pm »
Agreed! I doubt we have heard the last of her!

I sure hope not!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 09:01:42 pm »
 Carly Fiorina Suspends Her Campaign, Blasts ‘Feminism’ In Farewell Statement
"Do not listen to anyone who says you have to vote a certain way or for a certain candidate because you're a woman."
February 10, 2016 By The Federalist Staff
Carly Fiorina announced Wednesday afternoon that she plans to suspend her presidential campaign after disappointing showings in Iowa and New Hampshire. Fiorina, a former tech company CEO, posted a statement explaining her rationale on Facebook.

“While I suspend my candidacy today,” Fiorina wrote, “I will continue to travel this country and fight for those Americans who refuse to settle for the way things are and a status quo that no longer works for them.”

Today, I am suspending my campaign. My full statement is here: https://t.co/8QElLZoc1W

— Carly Fiorina (@CarlyFiorina) February 10, 2016

Fiorina, who placed 7th in both the Iowa Republican caucus and the New Hampshire Republican primary, received high marks for her debate performances, but she was unable to break through a crowded field that included accomplished senators, governors, and businessmen.

In her farewell note, Fiorina also offered encouragement to girls and women on how to make a difference in their lives and those of others.

“Do not listen to anyone who says you have to vote a certain way or for a certain candidate because you’re a woman,” Fiorina wrote. “That is not feminism.”

“A feminist is a woman who lives the life she chooses and uses all her God-given gifts,” she continued. “And always remember that a leader is not born, but made. Choose leadership.”
That the Hilldebeaste even pretends to call herself a feminist is laughable.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 09:29:54 pm »
Carly Fiorina Suspends Her Campaign, Blasts ‘Feminism’ In Farewell Statement
"Do not listen to anyone who says you have to vote a certain way or for a certain candidate because you're a woman."
February 10, 2016 By The Federalist StaffThat the Hilldebeaste even pretends to call herself a feminist is laughable.

The Hildebeast is one half of the biggest organized crime syndicate we've seen in a very long time!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 09:43:17 pm »
The Hildebeast is one half of the biggest organized crime syndicate we've seen in a very long time!

That's a third. The lovely Chelsea's now in it up to her elbows.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 09:46:33 pm »
That's a third. The lovely Chelsea's now in it up to her elbows.

That's true!  My bad!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 12:24:23 am »
Early on, I could not wait for a Fiorina vs. Clinton Debate.    What a night for conservatism that would have been. But sadly it was not to be. No matter how well she did in the debates, it was the others running who stole all the post debate attention. Her dropping out should favor Rubio, and to a lesser extent Cruz.   None of her supporters will be attracted to Trump.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 12:35:18 am »
Everyone is speculating, but no one is sure, who Carly Fiorina's supporters will go to?

I think supporters of an outsider business executive, Carly Fiorina, are going to gravitate to another outsider business executive--Donald Trump.

I speculated earlier today that Chris Christie's supporters will go to Donald Trump, also.

I think those are reasonable assumptions.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:03:38 am by aligncare »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 12:54:40 am »
Everyone is speculating, but no one is sure, who Carly Fiorina's supporters will go to?

I think supporters of an outsider business executive, Carly Fiorina, are going to gravitate to another outsider business executive--Donald Trump.

I speculated earlier today that Chris Christie's supporters will go to Donald Trump, also.

I think those assumptions are reasonable.

Christie is a good example of a failed political suicide bomber.

The target was wounded, but the bomber was killed.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 02:59:01 am »
Early on, I could not wait for a Fiorina vs. Clinton Debate.    What a night for conservatism that would have been. But sadly it was not to be. No matter how well she did in the debates, it was the others running who stole all the post debate attention. Her dropping out should favor Rubio, and to a lesser extent Cruz.   None of her supporters will be attracted to Trump.

Completely agree.  Fiorina supporters were attracted to her intelligence, her wit, her strong support for the life of the unborn....

NONE of those things would lead anyone to Donald Trump.

He is the antithesis of wit and intelligence, and he is pro-partial birth abortion.

If people were attracted to Fiorina for her pro-life message, they are at the same time repulsed by Trump, who wants the unborn to die.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 03:19:38 am »

We were not attracted to her because she was a business executive. It was her intellect, poise and ability to communicate what conservatism is. In a style Reagan did.  Despite all the attacks she faced (by Trump supporters) because of the way she ended her executive position, nobody could argue the point that she wasn't a true conservative.    I would be shocked if any of her supporters moved their support for Trump. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 03:20:18 am by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 03:28:28 am »
We were not attracted to her because she was a business executive. It was her intellect, poise and ability to communicate what conservatism is. In a style Reagan did.  Despite all the attacks she faced (by Trump supporters) because of the way she ended her executive position, nobody could argue the point that she wasn't a true conservative.    I would be shocked if any of her supporters moved their support for Trump.

As would I.

Especially after the inexcusable attack by Trump on her appearance, and her classy response.

The two are light years apart in every way.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 03:36:39 am »
Alas, I believe she came the closest to a pitch on the advantages of free marker capitalism.

That however seems to not matter much, or the candidates simply cannot do the pitch.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 03:39:31 am »

First off, the number of people who had Carly as a first choice were very few, hence why she's leaving. Most of the positive talk about her came from voters who supported other candidates but still welcomed her presence in the race.

Second, there's a good chunk of those who had her as their first choice who only did so because she's a woman. Like it or not, it's true. So with no women left in the race, they may end up dropping out of the electorate altogether. Worse, they may even support Hillary. (Hey, I never said they were bright!)

That leaves a small fraction of a small fraction of the electorate, or pretty much nothing to be concerned about.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 04:55:19 am »
there's a good chunk of those who had her as their first choice who only did so because she's a woman. Like it or not, it's true. So with no women left in the race, they may end up dropping out of the electorate altogether. Worse, they may even support Hillary. (Hey, I never said they were bright!)

You have it all wrong. Having been an early supporter of her and communicating through social media with other Fiorina supporters I know what they were like, and who they were. Solid conservatives all - both men and women, and I recollect the majority of those I conversed with were male, and nobody said they are supporting her because she is a woman.  None of these supporters  will move to the other women running, Hillary - and I guarantee it.  To think that is what they will do is just silly, and an insult of fellow conservatives - and women.  And to think they would support trump, after what he said about her, is just as crazy.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 11:21:59 am »

The big question for Trump is whether he can expand his support beyond the one-third or so of the primary electorate consisting of Perot/Wallace nativists.   He hasn't shown (yet) that he can.   It's instructive that Trump's poll numbers in NH stayed fixed for weeks,  even though nearly half of NH voters make up their minds in the last several days before the primaries.   It appears almost none of the those late deciders went to Trump.   

I'd guess that the primary electorate (I won't say Republican electorate because much of Trump's support comes from non-Republicans) is about 1/3 Trump,  2/3 anti-Trump.   Anti-Trumpsters have not, of course, unified around a single candidate or two.   But eventually,  they will, and the numbers suggest that Trump will be unable to get to the convention with a majority.

The focus should now be on Cruz.   He must do well - and I think he can - in the more conservative, evangelical states that vote early.   Can Trump win a majority in any of the next round of primaries?  That's Trump's task,  and I doubt he can get there.     
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:25:19 am by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 03:02:59 pm »
You have it all wrong. Having been an early supporter of her and communicating through social media with other Fiorina supporters I know what they were like, and who they were. Solid conservatives all - both men and women, and I recollect the majority of those I conversed with were male, and nobody said they are supporting her because she is a woman.  None of these supporters  will move to the other women running, Hillary - and I guarantee it.  To think that is what they will do is just silly, and an insult of fellow conservatives - and women.  And to think they would support trump, after what he said about her, is just as crazy.

Thanks for saying that, Navy.  People who were drawn to Carly because of her stances on issues, her fiscal experience, her leadership, and her incredible ability to express herself are never, ever going to vote for Hillary.

In fact, I think a lot of support was due to the fact that she blasted Hillary far more than any of the other candidates.

I'm pretty sure that's why ABC deliberately kept her out of the last debate.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 05:03:40 pm »
I see her as the UN-Hillary.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »
I see her as the UN-Hillary.

I see her now as the UN-candidate.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 05:15:59 pm »
I see her now as the UN-candidate.
Yes, we know she has ended her campaign.  I was addressing the "vote for the woman" question.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 05:27:41 pm »
Yes, we know she has ended her campaign.  I was addressing the "vote for the woman" question.

She did fine. And the GOP can claim to have a very diverse list of strong candidates, including a woman, a black and two Hispanics.

Better than a grumpy old socialist man and a crooked old lady.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 06:17:59 pm »
She did fine. And the GOP can claim to have a very diverse list of strong candidates, including a woman, a black and two Hispanics.

Better than a grumpy old socialist man and a crooked old lady.
:amen: