Author Topic: How John Kasich Plans to Win the Nomination  (Read 5505 times)

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: How John Kasich Plans to Win the Nomination
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2016, 01:41:14 pm »
There are many ways to get rid of a pest problem in your home. Burning your house down to the ground with everything that you own inside certainly is one of those ways, just not the smartest one,

I had a friend of mine explain (on Facebook) why he supported Trump. He detailed how running the country like a corporation, with the Presidency working closely with corporate leaders to bring about changes and order. If needed, he said, the President would take charge of some industries, for the betterment of the nation.

I quoted Benito Mussolini explaining how Fascism was really corporativism, and basically describing the exact same situation my friend had just described.

His response was astounding. I'll post the entire exchange:

My post:

His response:

He is a good guy. Known him for years.

He's more of a mainstream conservative that I am. I am too much of a libertarian for him some times.

That was a frightening response.

Last month, at a rally in the University of Virginia, Trump made a promise to the crowd:

"We’re going to get Apple to build their damn computers in this country instead of other countries."

The crowd cheered wildly an chanted his name.

Never mind that there is no legal way for Trump to force Apple to do that.

Never mind that it makes absolutely no sense for Apple to willingly do that.

Never mind that the cost of Apple products would become prohibitive for the majority of US consumers if that actually happened.

Never mind the fact that Apple wouldn’t be able to find enough skilled U.S. workers to fill its manufacturing jobs.

People liked the sound of it, so they support Trump. They don't know it, but by supporting Trump, they're supporting Fascism.

We're about to set the house on fire to get rid of the pests in the walls.

The pests will survive, but we'll be left homeless.

Ah yes, the new attack bot lie "Trump is Mussolini" So which clown posse is tweeting this nonsense out? Seeing this attack lie all over the web this morning.

This analogy represent a complete ignorance of how the US political system works and the history of Mussolini's Fascist moment. LOVE the fake intellectuals in the Conservative media machine who come up with an infantile snark and then try to posture as if they are "deep" thinkers rather the hysteric children.

If you simply must cling to these ignorant "Fascism" attack lines, here is a  more apt comparison to Fascism. Which candidate is telling his cult like followers that he is going to go to DC and dictate his ideological dogmas to "the Washington Cartel"??

It's not Trump.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 01:42:53 pm by GAJohnnie »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2016, 01:42:02 pm »
Trump's the product of blind, destructive anger.   As Luis notes, Trump's made more outrageous, unkeepable promises than all the other candidates put together.  It doesn't matter - his followers have placed their critical faculties in a lockbox.

And folks supporting John Kasich, who's got a snowball's chance – despite his second place finish in NH – their faculties are locked where?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2016, 01:48:20 pm »
Ah yes, the new attack bot lie "Trump is Mussolini" So which clown posse is tweeting this nonsense out? Seeing this attack lie all over the web this morning.

This analogy represent a complete ignorance of how the US political system works and the history of Mussolini's Fascist moment. LOVE the fake intellectuals in the Conservative media machine who come up with an infantile snark and then try to posture as if they are "deep" thinkers rather the hysteric children.

If you simply must cling to these ignorant "Fascism" attack lines, here is a  more apt comparison to Fascism. Which candidate is telling his cult like followers that he is going to go to DC and dictate his ideological dogmas to "the Washington Cartel"??

It's not Trump.

How Trump/Obama-like

The analysis does indeed "represent a complete ignorance of how the US political system works", unfortunately the ignorance of that system is Trump's and his supporters.

"We’re going to get Apple to build their damn computers in this country instead of other countries." - Donald Trump, 1/18/2016

Tell me exactly how Trump will deliver on that promise.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2016, 01:50:03 pm »
And folks supporting John Kasich, who's got a snowball's chance – despite his second place finish in NH – their faculties are locked where?

Now there's Trumpism for you.  Gotta support the Dear Leader because he's a "winner" and the rest of 'em are "losers".

Sorry AC,  I think for myself;  I'm not in thrall to a cult of personality.   I proudly stand with John Kasich.    As you may know,  Kasich's a Deadhead,  and in that spirit I quote for your edification the words of Garcia/Hunter

Went to see the captain
Strangest I could find
I laid my proposition down - laid it on the line

I won't slave for begger's pay
Likewise gold and jewels
But I will slave to learn the way to sink your ship of fools

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2016, 01:52:29 pm »
Number one principal of Conservatism is working for small limited Constitutional Government. Kasich has campaign on the exact opposite principals. To call him "Conservative" demonstrates the word simply is meaningless in the current Political Establishment's lexicon.

Do yourself a favor GAJohnnie - educate yourself.  Here, I've made it easy for you - a link to Kasich's stands on the issues.   Kasich is the electable conservative.   Does any other kind matter when the alternative is Hillary Clinton?   

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2016, 01:52:33 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2016, 01:53:48 pm »

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2016, 01:58:51 pm »
Sorry LG, don't get to make an ridiculous argument then demand everyone debate based on your nonsensical premises.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2016, 02:13:09 pm »
Sorry LG, don't get to make an ridiculous argument then demand everyone debate based on your nonsensical premises.

It's not a ridiculous argument. It's a very simple question.

Trump promised a crowd of students at Liberty University that he would "get Apple to build their damn computers in this country instead of other countries."

That's a direct quote

You support the man and you put up a post about the GOP's broken promises.

The question is simple.

How will Trump deliver on the promise made to those students?

Here's another one. Another Trump quote from the same rally:

"I guarantee. If I become president, we're gonna be saying Merry Christmas at every store."

So, is he's going to force people to say "Merry Christmas", or is he going to force stores to force their employees to say it?

Please explain how in the context of the US political system, how he's going to get that done?

He guaranteed it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2016, 02:19:01 pm »
Now there's Trumpism for you.  Gotta support the Dear Leader because he's a "winner" and the rest of 'em are "losers".

Sorry AC,  I think for myself;  I'm not in thrall to a cult of personality.   I proudly stand with John Kasich.    As you may know,  Kasich's a Deadhead,  and in that spirit I quote for your edification the words of Garcia/Hunter

I'm sorry, could you please personally insult me some more. I haven't been insulted enough today.

Thanks in advance for any condescending remarks remaining in your quiver of inanities. Go, Kasich!

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2016, 02:33:53 pm »
I'm sorry, could you please personally insult me some more. I haven't been insulted enough today.

Thanks in advance for any condescending remarks remaining in your quiver of inanities. Go, Kasich!

Why do you find my charge of "Trumpism" personally insulting?   I thought he was your boy.   

Offline aligncare

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2016, 02:41:37 pm »

Your insults that Trump supporters are following a cult of personality are duly noted by all to see.

But don't bother responding. I have no desire to converse with you.

But, not to worry: I have never put anyone on "ignore."

It's much more satisfying to personally ignore you by using the scroll function.  :seeya:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2016, 02:50:09 pm »
Your insults that Trump supporters are following a cult of personality are duly noted by all to see.

I said that I'm not in thrall to a cult of personality.   Whether you are or not is a question I can't answer, only you can.