Author Topic: Gowdy: Trump Tapped Into Anger, But ‘Marco Is Our Best Chance to Win’  (Read 770 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2016/02/10/gowdy-trump-tapped-into-anger-but-marco-is-our-best-chance-to-win/

When asked about Trump Gowdy said, “He has tapped into a legitimate frustration and anger that I feel in my own district. A lot of us share it. The question is, what do you do with the frustration and anger? What I want to do is win in November. I want to control the executive branch. I want to pick the next Supreme Court justices. I want a foreign policy actually is coherent. So I get the anger. I get frustration. I want to translate that into victory. So in other words, making a point is fine. And the point has been made. I am much more interested in making a difference. The way to make a difference is to win in November. and Marco is our best chance to win.”

Yeah......riiiiight.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Gowdy: Trump Tapped Into Anger, But ‘Marco Is Our Best Chance to Win’
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 12:41:47 am »
I am no longer interested in anything Mr. "I'll Protect the Establishment" Gowdy has to say.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 12:48:45 am »

...he never delivered on Benghazi anyway.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2016, 12:58:34 am »

Yup  -- proving supporting Rubio is only one way Gowdy protects the establishment. 

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 01:36:52 am »
Hey hair boy, go hold another worthless committee meeting so you can impress yourself on youtube

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 04:46:28 am »
Trey Gowdy: Marco is our best chance to win

===============================

And this is the guy who had enough criminal evidence on Hillary to put 100 people away for decades.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 12:29:58 pm »

Just show time. He exposed himself when he backed Bohener. Another Republican Conservative Progressive Fraud that has shown who he really is? :beer:

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 12:57:03 pm »
Even IF gowdy is right, I have no expectation that Rubio would/could accomplish anything productive.
Winning the election is only half of the challenge, the other half is having the courage and determination to withstand the onslaught of criticism to implement the changes necessary to right the sinking ship.

Rubio is bright and articulate but I have the sense that he is extremely sensitive to criticism and will do anything to avoid it....

Offline MACVSOG68

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 01:23:31 pm »
Even IF gowdy is right, I have no expectation that Rubio would/could accomplish anything productive.
Winning the election is only half of the challenge, the other half is having the courage and determination to withstand the onslaught of criticism to implement the changes necessary to right the sinking ship.

Rubio is bright and articulate but I have the sense that he is extremely sensitive to criticism and will do anything to avoid it....

I always have that question regarding any candidate without executive experience.  While Rubio hasn't had that kind of experience, he did work his way up through the ranks to House Speaker in Florida, demonstrating at least some leadership skills.  His failure to stand behind his efforts on immigration reform however definitely turned me off.  He wilted under Christie's attacks and put up little resistance.

Having said that I do believe he can recover and learn from that performance.  And I agree with Gowdy.  Rubio probably has the best shot at winning in the Fall.  Trump has to get past his 60% negatives he richly earned.  The left doesn't fear Trump nearly as much as they do Rubio.
It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Longiron

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 01:28:48 pm »

Would he show up to work? Does have a work ethic problem and would actually make BARRY look like he burns the midnight oil! :silly:

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 01:35:24 pm »
I am no longer interested in anything Mr. "I'll Protect the Establishment" Gowdy has to say.

Of course not.  One's conservative credentials don't matter if one doesn't support Dear Leader.   

The Trumpsters all want to go down to a grand, glorious defeat in November,  Jim Jones-style.   The rest of us, like Trey Gowdy,  want to win.

The silver lining of a Trump nomination is that Trumpism will be consumed and destroyed, never to rise again.  Of course, what else will be lost may also matter, just a little bit.   Such as conservative leverage to counter the Dems' far-left legislative initiatives and court appointments.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline aligncare

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2016, 02:01:05 pm »
I always have that question regarding any candidate without executive experience.  While Rubio hasn't had that kind of experience, he did work his way up through the ranks to House Speaker in Florida, demonstrating at least some leadership skills.  His failure to stand behind his efforts on immigration reform however definitely turned me off.  He wilted under Christie's attacks and put up little resistance.

Having said that I do believe he can recover and learn from that performance.  And I agree with Gowdy.  Rubio probably has the best shot at winning in the Fall.  Trump has to get past his 60% negatives he richly earned.  The left doesn't fear Trump nearly as much as they do Rubio.

All GOP candidates favorability ratings are upside down.

Two, have favorability ratings almost as bad Trump's (favorable/unfavorable):

Donald Trump - 38/57
The Republican Party - 33/53
Jeb Bush - 31/54

Ted Cruz - 37/46
Marco Rubio - 38/41
John Kasich - 22/34

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:05:11 pm by aligncare »

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2016, 02:13:19 pm »
All GOP candidates favorability ratings are upside down.

Two, have favorability ratings almost as bad Trump's (favorable/unfavorable):

Donald Trump - 38/57
The Republican Party - 33/53
Jeb Bush - 31/54

Ted Cruz - 37/46
Marco Rubio - 38/41
John Kasich - 22/34

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster

May the record show that Trump has a unfavorability rating 23 points higher than John Kasich.   Kasich is the Republican that the Dems most fear running against.   Trump's the one they're most eager to face.   

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2016, 02:21:02 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2016, 02:21:30 pm »
Kasich is the Republican that the Dems most fear running against. 

That's because Kasich is a dem in a rino uniform.
The democrats fear losing power and money, they don't fear Kasich.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 02:22:36 pm »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 02:23:33 pm »
That's because Kasich is a dem in a rino uniform.
The democrats fear losing power and money, they don't fear Kasich.

Kasich coupled with a Republican Congress can do great things.

Trump leading the GOP to defeat, losing the Senate in the process, is the fantasy-come-true that keeps the Dems energized.   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 02:25:06 pm »

What are the dates of those polls?  Last July and August?   Am I missing something?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 02:32:14 pm »
Kasich is essential to this election and the GOP needs to embrace him in some way in order to bring Ohio into the GOP electoral college equation. His past stances on Obamacare and gun control are not going to win him any support with GOP voters insofar as his candidacy, but then again this cycle has a guy who's donated tons of money to Democrats over the years leading the GOP field. It's a strange cycle.

Look for Kasich to be in the short list for nearly every candidate's VP slot. Again, the GOP needs Ohio.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 02:33:36 pm »
What are the dates of those polls?  Last July and August?   Am I missing something?

Yes, the fact that the match up is so below the horizon that RCP isn't even tracking it.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 02:36:43 pm »
Yes, the fact that the match up is so below the horizon that RCP isn't even tracking it.

The fact that Kasich was mostly unknown last summer, and still came within 7-8 points of Clinton, seems like a good portent to me.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 03:04:29 pm »
The fact that Kasich was mostly unknown last summer, and still came within 7-8 points of Clinton, seems like a good portent to me.

An unknown?

Eighteen years in Congress, six years Governor of Ohio, eighteen years in the House Armed Services Committee and six years as the Chairman of the House Budget Committee AND his own TV show on Fox News for six years.

An unknown maybe to people not paying any attention at all to politics.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 03:07:07 pm »
An unknown?

Eighteen years in Congress, six years Governor of Ohio, eighteen years in the House Armed Services Committee and six years as the Chairman of the House Budget Committee AND his own TV show on Fox News for six years.

An unknown maybe to people not paying any attention at all to politics.

OH he is FAR from an unknown!

He is as close as one can come to being a democrat and still call himself a republican but I would definitely vote for him over Hillary or Bernie any day!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien