General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

Protesters Are Planning An Anti-Beyonce Rally Because Of Her Super Bowl 50 Performance

(1/2) > >>

Paladin:
Good thing and a little change of topic from the NH primaries.

"On the day tickets for Beyonce’s “Formation” world tour go on sale, protestors upset with her Super Bowl 50 performance are set to have a rally outside of the NFL headquarter in Manhattan.

According to the unnamed organizer’s Eventbrite page, the rally will take place February 16 from 8AM to 4pm and advises attendees to be respectful of the boundaries of private property, but insist Beyonce’s halftime show was pure race baiting.

Are you offended as an American that Beyoncé pulled her race-baiting stunt at the Superbowl?, the page asks.”Do you agree that the Black Panthers was/is a hate group which should not be glorified? Come and let’s stand together. Let’s tell the NFL we don’t want hate speech & racism at the Superbowl ever again!”

Beyonce has simultaneously been the recipient of praise and criticism for her song “Formation.” While the Internet (and Red Lobster) couldn’t get enough of Beyonce’s new single and video, Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani said her routine was outrageous and slammed her half time performance."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/protesters-are-planning-an-anti-beyonce-rally-because-of-her-super-bowl-50-performance/ar-BBpkzh3?ocid=spartanntp

Paladin:
"Commenting on Beyonce’s halftime show during Super Bowl 50, Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke said he did not want to make “a huge deal about it,” but since Beyonce and the other dancers were wearing “Black Panther-type uniforms,” would it be acceptable if “a white band came out in hoods and white sheets in the same sort of fashion?”

Sheriff Clarke added that “the Black Panthers are a subversive hate group in America.”

On Fox Business Live, Feb. 8, reporter Jo Ling Kent asked Sheriff Clarke, “Beyonce put out a new video, music video called ‘Formation,’ and it has been interpreted to be pro-Black Lives Matter, and potentially looking at issues inside New Orleans as well. How did you -- there are some sheriffs that reacted poorly to that, they didn't like that, they turned their backs to Beyonce during the Super Bowl halftime show. What was your thought on the matter?”

Sheriff Clarke said,  “Well, I try not to overreact to these things, and I don't want to give this thing any more play than it's already getting. Look, musicians have long used their music, their trade, to make political statements in their music. We may not like it, but I don't want to make a huge deal about it.”

Them coming out,” he said, “Beyonce in those Black Panther-type uniforms, would that be acceptable if a band, a white band came out in hoods and white sheets in the same sort of fashion?  We would be appalled and outraged. The Black Panthers are a subversive hate group in America.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/sheriff-clarke-beyonces-halftime-would-it-be-acceptable-if-white-band-came

truth_seeker:
Sheriff Clarke seems to be smart. Dropping her performance and topic may be better, than giving it life, by making a big deal of it.

rangerrebew:

Sheriff Clarke on Beyonce’s Halftime: Would It Be Acceptable If ‘A White Band Came Out In Hoods and White Sheets?

Commenting on Beyonce’s halftime show during Super Bowl 50, Milwaukee County Sheriff David A. Clarke said he did not want to make “a huge deal about it,” but since Beyonce and the other dancers were wearing “Black Panther-type uniforms,” would it be acceptable if “a white band came out in hoods and white sheets in the same sort of fashion?”

Sheriff Clarke added that “the Black Panthers are a subversive hate group in America.”

On Fox Business Live, Feb. 8, reporter Jo Ling Kent asked Sheriff Clarke, “Beyonce put out a new video, music video called ‘Formation,’ and it has been interpreted to be pro-Black Lives Matter, and potentially looking at issues inside New Orleans as well. How did you -- there are some sheriffs that reacted poorly to that, they didn't like that, they turned their backs to Beyonce during the Super Bowl halftime show. What was your thought on the matter?”

Sheriff Clarke said,  “Well, I try not to overreact to these things, and I don't want to give this thing any more play than it's already getting. Look, musicians have long used their music, their trade, to make political statements in their music. We may not like it, but I don't want to make a huge deal about it.”

“Them coming out,” he said, “Beyonce in those Black Panther-type uniforms, would that be acceptable if a band, a white band came out in hoods and white sheets in the same sort of fashion?  We would be appalled and outraged. The Black Panthers are a subversive hate group in America.”

“I think she could have done a better job, but I think Bruno Mars was a better halftime act anyway,” said the sheriff.  “I could have watched him for the entire act.”

David A. Clarke Jr., a Democrat, was elected to a 4-year term as the sheriff of Milwaukee County in 2002, and was re-elected in 2006, 2010 and 2014. In those elections he won, respectively, with 74%, 78%, 74%, and 79% of the vote.
Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/blog/michael-w-chapman/sheriff-clarke-beyonces-halftime-would-it-be-acceptable-if-white-band-came

Fishrrman:
I'd like to see Sheriff Clarke get a prominent position somewhere in the upcoming Trump administration ...!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version