Author Topic: California Grants Driver's Licenses to 605,000 Illegal Aliens  (Read 379 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
California Grants Driver's Licenses to 605,000 Illegal Aliens
« on: February 09, 2016, 02:16:45 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=713342

Newsmax
California Grants Driver's Licenses to 605,000 Illegal Aliens
Monday, February 8, 2016 08:01 PM

Some 605,000 undocumented immigrants who live in California were granted driver's licenses in 2015, the first year they have been able to enjoy that benefit, officials said Monday.

The law known as AB60 took effect on January 2, 2015. The California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) expects a total of about 1.4 million people will get their license under the law by late 2017.

Governor Jerry Brown, a Democrat, signed the law in October 2013 to give a legal document to the 2.5 million undocumented immigrants in California alone -- most from Latin America and particularly neighboring Mexico.

California officials believe the program -- which does not give license holders any US federal benefits -- does make roads in the most populous US state safer, several state sources said.

It does not allow license holders, for example, the right to fly on airplanes inside the United States, nor does it give anyone legal residency status, the right to work or to seek a US passport.

But among the upsides are that California drivers with the document can drive legally across the entire vast United States, without being fined or facing fear of having their vehicle impounded.

"If you can approve policies that integrate immigrants, I think it's a win-win for all people in a big state like California," said DMV spokesman Artemio Armenta.

A total of 12 of the 50 US states plus the federal capital Washington have similar driver's license laws for undocumented immigrants.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
Re: California Grants Driver's Licenses to 605,000 Illegal Aliens
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 03:43:58 pm »
It DOES give them federal and state benefits:  They can VOTE in both federal and state elections.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 06:28:19 pm »
SCOTUS will give team obama his one vote one person rulling along with the imigration rulling. oh and the felons that will be realsead from prisons will be able to vote. add invaders to the list and they may have more votes than us in Nov.....especially if jeb is the nominee.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:31:51 pm by flowers »

Offline 17 Oaks

• The Ranch in S Texas
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 08:30:15 pm »
SCOTUS will give team obama his one vote one person rulling along with the imigration rulling. oh and the felons that will be realsead from prisons will be able to vote. add invaders to the list and they may have more votes than us in Nov.....especially if jeb is the nominee.
Here is my BET$:  IF we do not win this election, we will not see a GOP in the oval office in my lifetime and I figure (hope) I have another 15 ++ years, say about 90 LOL.
Don:  Got here thru God, Guns and Guts, I speak John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere; this make ME: Christian, Conservative, Capitalist, Constitutionalist...

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 08:35:37 pm »
Here is my BET$:  IF we do not win this election, we will not see a GOP in the oval office in my lifetime and I figure (hope) I have another 15 ++ years, say about 90 LOL.
yep....they will have the WH for generations.