Author Topic: While Trump and Sanders smell victory, Hillary Clinton contemplates humilation  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/donald-trump/12147434/Hillary-Clinton-is-fighting-for-her-political-life-in-New-Hampshire.html

While Trump and Sanders smell victory, Hillary Clinton contemplates humilation
Hillary Clinton is running on one issue: Hillary Clinton. Unfortunately, very few Americans like Hillary Clinton.

By Tim Stanley

6:30AM GMT 09 Feb 2016

"What will be a good result for Hillary in her race against Bernie Sanders?" I asked a Democrat. He replied: "She'll be happy with second place."

Today’s New Hampshire primary will be all about the post-match rationalisations. We expect Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump to win – that’s a foregone conclusion. But the political establishment, the pundits and the media can’t even contemplate the thought of a Sanders v Trump race – so they’ll put a wall around New Hampshire, say that it didn’t really matter, and look ahead to the states to come. Ergo who comes second, and how close to first they come, could dominate media interest. Among the Republicans, Jeb Bush is looking for a comeback. Among the Democrats, Hillary may have to do some soul searching. Her campaign thus far has showcased her greatest weaknesses.

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
After New Hampshire, what's next?
South Carolina?

If Bernie can wipe the floor with her tonight, I don't expect o'er-the-Hillary to win by much in S.C., if she's even able to break 50% down there.

Looks like Bernie has "evened up" the race on the national level -- and that was before tonight!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
She should get Cam Newton to coach her on dealing with loss.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"While Trump and Sanders smell victory, Hillary Clinton contemplates humilation"

Her ego is probably larger than Trumps,so "No,she is NOT contemplating humiliation". Revenge on the ungrateful maybe,but not humiliation.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline R4 TrumPence

She should get Cam Newton to coach her on dealing with loss.

Leave my Cam alone!!!  8888crybaby
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 06:17:13 am by Repub4Truz »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Paladin

Leave my Cam alone!!!

Here ya go, Repub4Truz.

"As I noted yesterday, Cam Newton did himself no favors after the Super Bowl by acting like a bit of a baby following Carolina’s destruction at the hands of the Denver Broncos. He reinforced all the negative ideas everyone had about him and undid all the progress he had made on rehabilitating his image.

But, as I also noted yesterday (and right after the game, on Twitter), I have a hard time getting worked up about an athlete who doesn’t particularly enjoy taking his loss with good grace and answering stupid questions from gibbering newsfolks. Yes, yes: “It’s part of the job.” That doesn’t mean the job isn’t dumb or pointless or useless.

More importantly, though, we shouldn’t want our millionaire athletes—our modern day gladiators, out there spilling blood and breaking bones and bashing brains—to take their losses with “good grace.” I’m glad that Cam Newton was upset about blowing the game. I’m glad he didn’t want to sit there with a dumb grin on his face and talk about how hard the loss was. I’m glad he has fire in his belly.

Why? Well, I’ll let George S. Patton explain:

“Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time,” Patton reminded us all those years ago. “Now, I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.”

Emphasis mine, because, well, that’s the truth, Ruth. Losing with good grace is for the citizens of second-tier countries. Losing is for Europeans. The mere idea that we should accept losing—even in something “minor” like professional football—makes all good Americans recoil in disgust, even as they mouth pieties about sportsmanship. I’ve always reviled the concept of the “sore loser.” Losing should make you sore! Losing should fill you with hate and contempt—for both your opponent and yourself. Losing is for losers.

And Americans will not tolerate a loser."

http://freebeacon.com/blog/cam-newton-is-sympathetic-because-he-hates-losing/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am overly saturated by repetitions about the GOP side. One can only bear hearing about the "outsiders" and the "GOPe" so many times, before it gets very, very old.

It is therefore an alternative to feast on the dems for awhile listening to other sources. Like "Potus" on XM-Sirius where they split coverage of dems and GOP about evenly.

Figuratively, watching and listening to Hillary swing in the breeze may be fun.

Of course several variables remain, after the first voting primary. Candidates on both sides can fail and get replaced. Scandals unforeseen and foreseen. Even sickness or death.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline R4 TrumPence

Here ya go, Repub4Truz.

"As I noted yesterday, Cam Newton did himself no favors after the Super Bowl by acting like a bit of a baby following Carolina’s destruction at the hands of the Denver Broncos. He reinforced all the negative ideas everyone had about him and undid all the progress he had made on rehabilitating his image.

But, as I also noted yesterday (and right after the game, on Twitter), I have a hard time getting worked up about an athlete who doesn’t particularly enjoy taking his loss with good grace and answering stupid questions from gibbering newsfolks. Yes, yes: “It’s part of the job.” That doesn’t mean the job isn’t dumb or pointless or useless.

More importantly, though, we shouldn’t want our millionaire athletes—our modern day gladiators, out there spilling blood and breaking bones and bashing brains—to take their losses with “good grace.” I’m glad that Cam Newton was upset about blowing the game. I’m glad he didn’t want to sit there with a dumb grin on his face and talk about how hard the loss was. I’m glad he has fire in his belly.

Why? Well, I’ll let George S. Patton explain:

“Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans play to win all the time,” Patton reminded us all those years ago. “Now, I wouldn’t give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That’s why Americans have never lost and will never lose a war. Because the very thought of losing is hateful to Americans.”

Emphasis mine, because, well, that’s the truth, Ruth. Losing with good grace is for the citizens of second-tier countries. Losing is for Europeans. The mere idea that we should accept losing—even in something “minor” like professional football—makes all good Americans recoil in disgust, even as they mouth pieties about sportsmanship. I’ve always reviled the concept of the “sore loser.” Losing should make you sore! Losing should fill you with hate and contempt—for both your opponent and yourself. Losing is for losers.

And Americans will not tolerate a loser."

http://freebeacon.com/blog/cam-newton-is-sympathetic-because-he-hates-losing/

Thanks!! :thumbsup:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline NavyCanDo

One thing we learned yesterday, is that half the women in New Hampshire would rather spend eternity in the “Special Place in Hell” than to vote for Hillary.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Longiron

After New Hampshire, what's next?
South Carolina?

If Bernie can wipe the floor with her tonight, I don't expect o'er-the-Hillary to win by much in S.C., if she's even able to break 50% down there.

Looks like Bernie has "evened up" the race on the national level -- and that was before tonight!

RINOGOPe wrong again!      :whistle:

http://conservativeread.com/establishment-wrong-again-trump-wins-college-educated-voters-in-nh/

Offline flowers

hil has no clue of that word even existing. Humiliation....yet she won more delegates. i watched her speech. i thought she would have looked a little worried....nope. the fix is in.

Wingnut

Hillary is a special kinda cat.  Most women of her generation slept their way to the top.  Not Hillary.  She let her husband do that for her.