Author Topic: Live Thread>>New Hampshire Results>>The First Votes of the New Hampshire Primary Have Been Cast  (Read 14504 times)

Online mountaineer

That would have been a real "gotcha moment" if I were a candidate for the office of President of the United States,but I'm not.
True. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Not entirely true. Boy Jorge did everything but beg the gun control bunch to vote for him by saying if and when he was elected he would sign any and every gun control bill placed on his desk. He also did and said other things that made it obvious to anyone looking that he was more of a Dim than a Republican. Yet people voted for him anyhow,and just look at the things he supported and who he put on the SC.

You mean the Roberts Court?

GWB appointed Roberts and Alito.

Two 2A cases have come before the Roberts Court.

1. NATIONAL TREASURY EMPLOYEES UNION v. FEDERAL LABOR RELATIONS AUTHORITY - The Court found that Unions had the right to negotiate for their members where firearms are stored during work hours. Roberts concurred.

2. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER - The Court found that gun ownership is an individual, not a collective right.  Roberts joined Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito in the majority opinion.

What's wrong with the Roberts Court and their view on the 2A?

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I predict Jim Gilmore will surge tonight. I heard through the grapevine from some unreliable sources that 2 or 3 people in a NH bar mentioned him by name this week. That bodes very well.

DAmn you're good! Surged all the way up to 125 votes!  :beer:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
DAmn you're good! Surged all the way up to 125 votes!  :beer:

I'm really glad he got some votes.  I was feeling bad for him!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I'm really glad he got some votes.  I was feeling bad for him!

I KNOW you were!   :mauslaff:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You mean the Roberts Court?

GWB appointed Roberts and Alito.

Two 2A cases have come before the Roberts Court.

1. NATIONAL TREASURY EMPLOYEES UNION v. FEDERAL LABOR RELATIONS AUTHORITY - The Court found that Unions had the right to negotiate for their members where firearms are stored during work hours. Roberts concurred.

2. DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA v. HELLER - The Court found that gun ownership is an individual, not a collective right.  Roberts joined Scalia, Kennedy, Thomas, Alito in the majority opinion.

What's wrong with the Roberts Court and their view on the 2A?

Not a single thing you wrote addresses anything I said. Did Boy Jorge tell congress that he would sign any gun control bill they sent to him while they were pumping up a new AWB,or not?

Did,or did not the SC decide(Kelo) that private property no longer exists in this country if a local government can seize it and sell it to a developer in order to raise the tax base? Wasn't a Poppy Bush nominee named Souter prominent in the decision? What did Boy Jorge have to say in protest to this?

Roberts has been solid on 2nd Amendment issues,but that's about it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Not a single thing you wrote addresses anything I said. Did Boy Jorge tell congress that he would sign any gun control bill they sent to him while they were pumping up a new AWB,or not?

Did,or did not the SC decide(Kelo) that private property no longer exists in this country if a local government can seize it and sell it to a developer in order to raise the tax base? Wasn't a Poppy Bush nominee named Souter prominent in the decision? What did Boy Jorge have to say in protest to this?

Roberts has been solid on 2nd Amendment issues,but that's about it.

Two things...

When did GWB tell Congress that he would sign any gun control bill they sent to him?

He signed no gun control bill while in office.

Show me.

George HW Bush nominated two Supreme Court Justices: Clarence Thomas and David Souter. Souter was thought to be a solid conservative at the time of his nomination, his confirmation fiercely opposed by Ted Kennedy and John Kerry. His first years in the bench he sided mostly with the conservatives in the Court. He's since moved center-left. Thomas and Souter split on Kelo.

Can't win them all.

The Roberts Court has been solid on their defense of religious freedom and have handed Obama many defeats over the course of his tenure.

Kelo was a 5-4 decision with Souter in the majority and Thomas dissenting.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Two things...

When did GWB tell Congress that he would sign any gun control bill they sent to him?

He signed no gun control bill while in office.

Show me.

George HW Bush nominated two Supreme Court Justices: Clarence Thomas and David Souter. Souter was thought to be a solid conservative at the time of his nomination, his confirmation fiercely opposed by Ted Kennedy and John Kerry. His first years in the bench he sided mostly with the conservatives in the Court. He's since moved center-left. Thomas and Souter split on Kelo.

Can't win them all.

The Roberts Court has been solid on their defense of religious freedom and have handed Obama many defeats over the course of his tenure.

Kelo was a 5-4 decision with Souter in the majority and Thomas dissenting.
When running for president,and even after he was in office. No,I don't have the exact dates or the exact quotes and I have no intention of looking them up for you. Look them up yourself if you are that interested.

Offline Paladin

"It has been said that Bathhouse Barry does love pudgy white boys.

Maybe Christy can find a job "working under" Obomber?"

"That sounds like something Trump would say."

Only he didn't say it. A poster on here did, just as another poster said yesterday.

"Apparently there is nothing beneath Trump. Except perhaps, his mistresses"

Strange, isn't it, that it is Trump who is constantly accused of being guilty of poor taste, and though both of these posters may not be among his accusers, not being a candidate for President is no excuse for this kind of crudity.
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

When running for president,and even after he was in office. No,I don't have the exact dates or the exact quotes and I have no intention of looking them up for you. Look them up yourself if you are that interested.
I don't work that way Sneaky.  You made a BS allegation about Dubya.  You come up with the proof. 
Dubya let Clinton's AWB sunset.  I sure don't remember him saying he would sign any gun bans.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Only he didn't say it. A poster on here did, just as another poster said yesterday.

Strange, isn't it, that it is Trump who is constantly accused of being guilty of poor taste, and though both of these posters may not be among his accusers, not being a candidate for President is no excuse for this kind of crudity.

WOW! Are you seriously going to claim victim status for Trump over what you claim is crudity? That's like staking out virginity in defense of Clinton,or patriotism in defense of Bathhouse Barry.

Have YOU no shame?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I don't work that way Sneaky.  You made a BS allegation about Dubya.  You come up with the proof. 
Dubya let Clinton's AWB sunset.  I sure don't remember him saying he would sign any gun bans.

Gues what,Bubba? I don't work for you and I don't respond to YOUR BS claims in defense of scum like the Bush Crime Family.

Nor am I responsible for your ignorance and lack of attention.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

If they weren't gullible,the Dim Party wouldn't have a lock on their votes.

Nor would Trump, with respect to his supporters.

The NH results point out a key feature of Trump's support - it exhibits the characteristics of a cult of personality.  Trump supporters locked in early,  and appear to support Trump and Trump only.  Almost half of NH voters decided in the days before the primary,  and almost none broke for Trump.   Trump has a hard core of support,  but those who oppose Trump appear to be rigid too.   His personality/temperament either seduces or repels.   
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:12:19 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
WOW! Are you seriously going to claim victim status for Trump over what you claim is crudity? That's like staking out virginity in defense of Clinton,or patriotism in defense of Bathhouse Barry.

Have YOU no shame?

Those who oppose Trump are "haters".  Now THAT's a whining liberal meme!   

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
No,I don't have the exact dates or the exact quotes and I have no intention of looking them up for you. Look them up yourself if you are that interested.

It's your charge; it's your obligation to back it up if challenged, or else withdraw the charge.   You're a passionate advocate; don't damage your credibility by being obnoxious toward those who engage in dialogue with you.   

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Gues what,Bubba? I don't work for you and I don't respond to YOUR BS claims in defense of scum like the Bush Crime Family.

Nor am I responsible for your ignorance and lack of attention.

LOL!   That's the way you speak to Once-Ler?  To Once-Ler??

He's the 'House Diplomat' at TBR.

You've got absolutely no credibility in here now.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
LOL!   That's the way you speak to Once-Ler?  To Once-Ler??

He's the 'House Diplomat' at TBR.

You've got absolutely no credibility in here now.

Awwww,gee. Does this mean it's too late to join his cult and have him become MY personal guru,too? Will I ever be allowed to kiss his ring and sweat fealty if I promise to never tell the truth about the Bush Crimie Family again?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:48:22 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It's your charge; it's your obligation to back it up if challenged, or else withdraw the charge.   You're a passionate advocate; don't damage your credibility by being obnoxious toward those who engage in dialogue with you.   

No,I merely posted information commonly known to all non-Bush-Bots. If he is really interested in discovering the truth,it is out there.

I no longer allow myself to get caught up in the old FR game of wasting my time to look up old links while my word is being questioned,I am being called a liar, and people are forgetting the subject.

Besides,he's not going to trust or believe any link I provide for him,so he needs to do this research himself and then come back and apologize to me for making a mistake/making false accusations.

Boy Jorge saying this was no secret,so if he wants to defend his idol.  I just found several links. Took me maybe 30 seconds.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 12:49:21 pm by sneakypete »

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Awwww,gee. Does this mean it's too late to join his cult and have him become MY personal guru,too?

Didn't say "guru", Sneaky.

I said diplomatic...to a fault sometimes.

Stop and take a few deep breaths....and find the courage to post the link(s) to support your charges regarding the Bushes.

Otherwise, your street cred is shot.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Didn't say "guru", Sneaky.

I said diplomatic...to a fault sometimes.

Stop and take a few deep breaths....and find the courage to post the link(s) to support your charges regarding the Bushes.

Otherwise, your street cred is shot.

No,I will not. If I do it for him,I have to do it for anyone else that makes that demand,and I have seen that game played too many times to be falling for it.

IF he is serious,he can find the same links  himself. If he doesn't,it simply means he is happy living with his head stuck in a hole in the dirt. Like I wrote earlier,it wasn't a secret when it happened unless maybe you were only posting on FR,and the info is very easy to find for anyone willing to face what may be an uncomfortable truth to them. IF he doesn't,it just proves my point true that leading a horse to water isn't the same thing as making him drink water.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
  I just found several links. Took me maybe 30 seconds.

But you won't post them.   

You know,  I love your posts against Trump,  but your lack of comity - this is, after all, supposed to be a discussion board, not a firing range - is contrary to the spirit of TBR.   

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
But you won't post them.   

You know,  I love your posts against Trump,  but your lack of comity - this is, after all, supposed to be a discussion board, not a firing range - is contrary to the spirit of TBR.   

As I have said before,I don't work for anyone here,and no one here has a right to place demands on my time. if I do that for one,I  have to do it for all.

PLUS,there is the basic human nature factor at play that causes skeptical people to only believe what they find for themselves. I have been through this nonsense over and over on other boards,and there ARE people who keep demanding links as a way of shutting down discussion they don't like. You post a link,they look at it and claim it is biased,and demand another one. Wash and repeat. No matter how many links you post or their source,none are ever good enough.

So I let them find their own links. People that actually want to see proof usually don't have any trouble finding it. People that don't want to see truth will never see it.

This way I save time and let the genuine questioners and the political activists sort themselves out.

BTW,this will be my last post on this subject. I am wasting too much of my time on this issue.

Online andy58-in-nh

What I wrote Trump's many mistresses is entirely justified. Ask any New York political reporter, irrespective of party affiliation. Perhaps the reason that he called Ted Cruz the name he did is because he knows so much about it.
Oh, the crudity!   888what
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline MACVSOG68

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH`S RECORD OF SUPPORT FOR THE SECOND AMENDMENT

· The Bush Administration stated, "that the text and original intent of the Second Amendment clearly protect the right of individuals to keep and bear firearms," reversing the Clinton Administration position that the Second Amendment only applies to state militias.

· President Bush sent representatives to the United Nations with a clear message: we will not allow the UN to impose international regulations that would violate the Second Amendment and infringe on our sovereignty.

· George W. Bush respects America`s sporting and hunting heritage. His administration signed an agreement with 17 major sportsmen`s organizations to improve hunting and fishing access to Federal lands, and initiated a conservation agenda to protect millions of acres of forest, wetlands and grasslands for future generations of hunters.

· As President, he gave money to prosecute federal gun crimes through Project Safe Neighborhoods and signed a national Right-to-Carry law for law enforcement officers.

· President Bush knows that holding the American firearm industry responsible for the acts of criminals is wrong. That`s why he supported the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act," to prevent frivolous lawsuits against lawful American businesses.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20041013/nra-endorses-george-w-bush-for-preside

George W. Bush on Gun Control

http://www.ontheissues.org/Celeb/George_W__Bush_Gun_Control.htm

It's the Supreme Court nominations!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
As I have said before,I don't work for anyone here,and no one here has a right to place demands on my time. if I do that for one,I  have to do it for all.

PLUS,there is the basic human nature factor at play that causes skeptical people to only believe what they find for themselves. I have been through this nonsense over and over on other boards,and there ARE people who keep demanding links as a way of shutting down discussion they don't like. You post a link,they look at it and claim it is biased,and demand another one. Wash and repeat. No matter how many links you post or their source,none are ever good enough.

So I let them find their own links. People that actually want to see proof usually don't have any trouble finding it. People that don't want to see truth will never see it.

This way I save time and let the genuine questioners and the political activists sort themselves out.

BTW,this will be my last post on this subject. I am wasting too much of my time on this issue.

So what you do is to make unsupported claims (I spend time trying to figure out what you were talking about, and found nothing) and when asked you just cop an attitude, cut and run.

Bush said he'd sign an extension to the "assault weapon" ban if Congress put it on his desk. Congress never put it on his desk and he knew they wouldn't:

BUSH: I did think we ought to extend the assault weapons ban and was told the bill was never going to move. I believe law-abiding citizens ought to be able to own a gun. I believe in background checks. The best way to protect our citizens from guns is to prosecute those who commit crimes with guns. - Third Bush-Kerry debate, in Tempe AZ , Oct 13, 2004

Crafting laws is the job of Congress, and Congress did not put that law on the President's desk. Bush knew this wouldn't happen, so to "support" something that he knew would never happen was simply a political move in his part.

That's like a Presidential candidate today supporting something that has absolutely no possibility of ever happening like banning all abortions, deporting all illegal aliens in 18 months all stopping all Muslims from entering the nation.

It's politics and pablum for the hopelessly moronic.

The basic bottom line here is that you have a visceral, Perot-like animus toward the Bush family. 

« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 02:11:16 pm by Luis Gonzalez »