Author Topic: Bush aims to just survive New Hampshire  (Read 241 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bush aims to just survive New Hampshire
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:15:49 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/jeb-bush-new-hampshire-primary-218919

Bush aims to just survive New Hampshire

His campaign is in overdrive. The family cavalry is en route. It may not be enough.

By Eli Stokols

02/08/16 05:12 AM EST

MANCHESTER, N.H. — The pundits think he’s nearing the end. His donors are itching to jump ship. But Jeb Bush thinks he’s about to take the first step toward an unlikely comeback.

“You don’t have to listen to the pundits,” Bush told voters here. “In fact, you’ll figure it out for the pundits.”

The Bush campaign enters its last day before New Hampshire votes with the single aim of delivering a top-five performance that justifies pushing south, where they say they believe a better organization and a family rescue plan will drag his candidacy up from the cellar.

And with every 2016 front-runner wounded – Donald Trump failing to beef up a sub-par ground game after an embarrassing Iowa loss, Ted Cruz looking manipulative after duping Ben Carson’s supporters, and Marco Rubio's over-rehearsed debate performance feeding the robotic stereotype he spent a campaign trying to shed – Bush’s team has newfound optimism, especially over the weekend as he saw the biggest crowds of his campaign here.

“Jeb’s network in South Carolina is just as strong as the other three candidates who are likely to survive,” said one long-time Bush donor, speaking privately. “He just has to get there.”

But even with a strong organization and family network of Bush loyalists streaming into New Hampshire, it’s a heavy lift. Just the mention of his name elicits laughs from Trump’s crowds. His deadpan aside to a town hall last week, asking them to “please clap,” exploded into an Internet meme seemingly encapsulating a fallen frontrunner’s sad predicament. In interviews over the last week, reporters have been asking if he’ll drop out should he do poorly here.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/jeb-bush-new-hampshire-primary-218919#ixzz3zbqa6LDO
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Bush aims to just survive New Hampshire
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:45:13 pm »
...and bringing in former President George W. Bush...

Ummm, I don't think I'd call that the cavalry, more like: final nail.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 08:52:03 pm »
why he is still in the race is very disturbing to me. is the fix in? 

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 09:04:03 pm »
The littlest Shrub has some deep roots digging him in.... :shrug:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:04:18 pm »
I don't care about NH or even SC. I want to see that booger lose in Florida.

I want to see the final nail driven into the Bush Crime Family coffin,see the coffin have a hundred tons of reinforced cement poured around it,and then see it dropped into the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean.

Or maybe fired off to Venus on a rocket with Poppy and Babs along to keep him company. That would even be mo betta.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:05:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!