Author Topic: Donald Trump’s senior adviser is a stock fraud felon with mob past  (Read 305 times)

Offline flowers

http://nypost.com/2015/12/05/donald-trumps-senior-adviser-is-a-stock-fraud-felon-with-mob-past/

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump knew a man he named as a senior business adviser in 2010 had been convicted in a major Mafia-linked stock fraud scheme, according to Associated Press interviews and a review of court records.

Trump had worked with Felix Sater previously during the man’s stint as an executive at Bayrock Group LLC, a real estate development firm that partnered with Trump on numerous projects after renting office space from the Trump Organization. But Sater’s past was not widely known at the time because he was working as a government cooperator on mob cases and the judge overseeing Sater’s own case kept the proceedings secret. After Sater’s criminal history and past ties to organized crime came to light in 2007, Trump distanced himself from Sater.

Less than three years later, however, Trump tapped Sater for a business development role that came with the title of senior adviser to Donald Trump. Sater received Trump Organization business cards and was given an office within the Trump Organization’s headquarters, on the same floor as Trump’s own.

Trump said during an AP interview on Wednesday that he recalled only bare details of Sater.

“Felix Sater, boy, I have to even think about it,” Trump said, referring questions about Sater to his staff. “I’m not that familiar with him.”

According to Trump lawyer Alan Garten, Sater’s role was to prospect for high-end real estate deals for the Trump Organization. The arrangement lasted six months, Garten said.

The revelation about Sater’s role is significant because of its timing and directness, and marks the first time the Trump Organization has acknowledged publicly that Sater worked for Trump after the disclosures of Sater’s criminal background. Trump has said that among his secrets of success is that he surrounds himself with the “best and most serious people” and with “people you can trust.”

Sater never had an employment agreement or formal contract with the Trump Organization and did not close any deals for Trump, Garten said.

“He was trying to restart his life,” Garten said. “I believe he was regretful of things that happened in the past.”

Offline GAJohnnie

Re: Donald Trump’s senior adviser is a stock fraud felon with mob past
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 10:17:13 pm »
Might want to read the articles before you post them. Pretty shameful innuendo and rumor hit piece based on a sleazy attempt at "guilt by association

Love how "Christian Conservatives" forget all the principals of Christianity once election season rolls around.

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 10:27:39 pm »
Might want to read the articles before you post them. Pretty shameful innuendo and rumor hit piece based on a sleazy attempt at "guilt by association

Love how "Christian Conservatives" forget all the principals of Christianity once election season rolls around.

C'mon, if Cruz or Rubio had someone like this in their past Trump would exploit it.  In a nanosecond.  He'd do it in a haphazard, shoot from the hip way but ... he'd do it.

This is the New York Post, not one of the campaigns.   The New York media know The Donald better than anyone and any skeletons in his closet are going to be disclosed - incrementally - because screaming headlines from dirt sheets like the Post about Trump moves product in the news stands along every Avenue in the Boroughs.   Not to mention the 'net click bait but this is more about moving paper and Trump is a Godsend for the dinosaur media in NYC.

This isn't a big deal to me, there are a lot of nefarious types in the real estate/financial industry in that city.  I don't see any issue on this one.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:33:15 pm by ArneFufkin »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 10:28:38 pm »
It just means he understands the world of finance, from several different viewpoints.   

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 10:31:17 pm »
After Sater’s criminal history and past ties to organized crime came to light in 2007, Trump distanced himself from Sater.

Ok, so what is the manufactured problem here?

Offline ArneFufkin

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 10:31:36 pm »
It just means he understands the world of finance, from several different viewpoints.

If Trump is unapologetic about stiffing creditors for $4.7 billion I don't think he's going to be a paragon of contrition over this revelation.

It's the New York Post.  One step away from the Weekly World News.

Trump:  "How could I know he had ties to the mob?  His last name didn't end in a vowel ..." 

Shrug, make face, crowd goes wild.  Lather, rinse, repeat.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 10:38:46 pm by ArneFufkin »