Author Topic: Why did the NFL allow Beyonce to celebrate the murderous Black Panthers in her halftime performance? By Thomas Lifson  (Read 1575 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/02/why_did_the_nfl_allow_beyonce_to_celebrate_the_murderous_black_panthers_in_her_halftime_performance.html#ixzz3zavIOccD

February 8, 2016
Why did the NFL allow Beyonce to celebrate the murderous Black Panthers in her halftime performance?
By Thomas Lifson

The NFL normally adopts the posture of patriotism and wholesomeness. And I have to admit that performance of the National Anthem by Lady Gaga was quite nice, despite my fears that the performer known for her meat dress would make a travesty of it.

So why did the League feature a performance by Obama-pal Beyonce Knowlees that unmistakably celebrated the Black Panthers, whose murderous reign of terror began in the Bay Area that hosted the Super Bowl?

Don’t take it from me, take it from the lefty UK Guardian:

With references to the Black Lives Matter movement, Malcolm X and the Black Panthers, Beyoncé’s half-time show at the Super Bowl on Sunday might be the most radical political statement from the superstar in her 20-year career.

Backing dancers wearing Black Panther-style berets and clad in black leather were photographed after the performance posing with raised fists evocative of the black power salute by Tommie Smith and John Carlos at the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico City. (snip)

The dancers’ visual homage to the Black Panthers marked 50 years since the formation of the group, which had its roots in Oakland, less than 50 miles from the stadium where the Super Bowl was played.

Founded by Huey P Newton and Bobby Seale, the movement was a revolutionary black nationalist organisation and one of the most influential civil rights group of the late 60s, but its connections to illegal activities led then-FBI director J Edgar Hoover to call it “the greatest threat to the internal security of the country”.

Beyoncé was widely tipped to be preparing to make a deeply political statement with her Super Bowl show after releasing a surprise single and video, Formation, on Saturday, which referenced both Hurricane Katrina and the recent mass protests across the US over police killings of unarmed young black men.

The video shows Beyoncé sitting on top of a police car and includes scenes showing a young black boy dancing in front of lines of riot police, who put their hands up, before cutting to a wall of graffiti that reads: “Stop shooting us.” (snip)

Was nobody at the NFL watching? Or were they afraid of reactions from their black players if they objected?

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Uh....because the NFL rosters are comprised of a minimum of 75% African-American?   :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
The NFL is nothing if not politically correct.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
They can take their balkanizing, separatist and supremacist garbage and shove it. If you don't want to be part of the melting pot, then get the hell away from me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

They can take their balkanizing, separatist and supremacist garbage and shove it. If you don't want to be part of the melting pot, then get the hell away from me.

Word. I didn't work a lifetime for racial equality just to stand by and watch the new "separate but equal" BS spread across college campuses and society in general.

Wingnut

This ain't your fathers NFL anymore. Something every person on the edge of the gray haired generation knows is that the NFL has dropped us faster than a twenty dollar whore's g-string in search of something else.

All I can say is Please  Drop kick me Jesus through the goal posts of life
End over end neither left nor to right
Straight through the heart of them righteous uprights!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 06:47:28 pm by Wingnut »

Offline flowers

she came on stage i left that channel. had no clue what the costumes meant. i used to like to watch her before she married her husband. now they show they are racist won't watch anymore.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:01:27 pm by flowers »

Offline flowers

:amen:

Offline flowers

Word. I didn't work a lifetime for racial equality just to stand by and watch the new "separate but equal" BS spread across college campuses and society in general.
yep! 

Offline Paladin

"The same day Trayvon Martin would have turned 21, Tidal announced it would donate a deluge of cash to the activist movement created in the slain teen’s honor.

Jay-Z’s struggling music-streaming service will award $1.5 million from October’s Tidal X: 10/20 charity concert in Brooklyn to the Black Lives Matter movement and other social justice groups, Mic.com reported Friday."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/tidal-donate-1-5m-black-lives-matter-groups-article-1.2522603
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.