Author Topic: Rush: The Real Question: Why Won't Anyone But Rubio and Cruz Say Obama Is Destroying the Country on Purpose?  (Read 3107 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yes, really.  If you're going to use Rubio's line, then the salient point would need to be Hillary is deliberately destroyed this county.

Get the difference?

Not sure what you are trying to say here.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not sure what you are trying to say here.

It might help to re-read the post you responded to initially. 

Bad moment for Rubio. 

They've all had them. Your boy Trump has had more than anybody, but you don't care.

Ah, but....you (conveniently) forget that my preferred candidate has had many, many more GOOD moments than "bad".   ^-^

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It might help to re-read the post you responded to initially.

Must not be important.

Offline Paladin

RIV, I don't presume to speak for Sanguine, but she might be referring to the grammatical structure of this sentence, which I also do not quite get.

"Yes, really.  If you're going to use Rubio's line, then the salient point would need to be Hillary is deliberately destroying this county."
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

HonestJohn

Wow. Exactly what I'm thinking, but I'd get barbecued if I wrote what you did.

Byron York wrote today that a Trump presidency would basically blow up the Republican Party. OF course, that's what Trump's supporters MOST WANT. 

They don't care if it's Trump or somebody else.  They want somebody who will depants the GOP establishment.

And then what?

They're not quite sure.

Ahhhh!!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I finally have a reason to post this picture.  It sums up the logic train you've just described.

Just replace "collect underpants" with "Support Trump".

HonestJohn

"Suddenly, hundreds of life-long, dedicated, brave conservatives are persona non grata because they have dared to challenge the new "One"."

Unfortunately the opposite is also true. Suddenly, hundreds of life-long, dedicated, brave conservatives are persona non grata because they have dared to support Trump.

This has been the ugliest political season I have see, even uglier than the Rockefeller sabotage of Goldwater in '64.

Btw, Andy58-in-nh, citing National Review as a trustworthy Conservative source is pure bovine excrement. That has been the case since the Nixon-Humphrey-Wallace race in '68, when NR became little more than a house organ for the GOPe.

To be honest, anyone declaring that the National Review wasn't the conservative standard bearer when Buckley ran it... it not a conservative, period.

No further discussion.

RIV, I don't presume to speak for Sanguine, but she might be referring to the grammatical structure of this sentence, which I also do not quite get.

"Yes, really.  If you're going to use Rubio's line, then the salient point would need to be Hillary is deliberately destroying this county."

It all goes back to the first post I made .... the one she initially responded to.  That's why I referred her back to it--as a point of clarification.

But, no biggie.  I doubt we would have agreed.

Thanks for the feedback, Paladin.  Appreciate it.   :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
The Cult of Trump is an amazing thing to behold.

Suddenly, hundreds of life-long, dedicated, brave conservatives are persona non grata because they have dared to challenge the new "One".

Only Trump is the TRUE conservative. It's so obvious!!!!

Ask Ann Coulter, if you can get her off her cocktails and off her knees, ecstatic before her new Dionysus.

All the others - the entire staff of National Review, all of our (formerly - HAH!!!) popular talk-show heroes are crazy, jealous, or worse.

Sorry, Trumpies.  Your guy is a jackass. A putz. A self-adulating, misogynistic pompous creep. A bombastic bully who thinks he hit a home run because he was born on third base.

Every day offers fresh proof that conservatism has been right all along: human nature really is immutable.

We most love the liars who tell the lies we most want to hear. And we are most amused by the clowns who mock our secret fears.

:hands:
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Wow. Exactly what I'm thinking, but I'd get barbecued if I wrote what you did.

Byron York wrote today that a Trump presidency would basically blow up the Republican Party. OF course, that's what Trump's supporters MOST WANT. 

They don't care if it's Trump or somebody else.  They want somebody who will depants the GOP establishment.

And then what?

They're not quite sure.

It's Promethean rage worthy of Melville.

The Trumpean movement is Captain Ahab to the GOP's Moby Dick.

The end game is the destruction of the whale at whatever cost, and nothing else matters.

They'll sink the ship and drown themselves and the crew with it, but if the whale is dead they'll call it a victory.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's Promethean rage worthy of Melville.

The Trumpean movement is Captain Ahab to the GOP's Moby Dick.

The end game is the destruction of the whale at whatever cost, and nothing else matters.

They'll sink the ship and drown themselves and the crew with it, but if the whale is dead they'll call it a victory.

LOL!  You prefer Melville.  I prefer the ending in Peter Benchley's JAWS!

« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 07:43:15 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien