Author Topic: It was Clinton who required transcripts of her speeches  (Read 502 times)

Offline Paladin

It was Clinton who required transcripts of her speeches
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:31:52 am »
Turns out it's Hillary who controls the disposition of her $225,000-$675, 000 speeches. I do hope she releases them so I can see what she said that produced such hefty remuneration.

"Hillary Clinton, who faces mounting pressure to release transcripts of her paid speeches, routinely demanded that a stenographer be present at her events so she could maintain a record of what she said.

At least four of Clinton’s contracts include a clause stating a transcript would be produced for Clinton and that the former secretary of state would own them and control their release, according to contracts obtained by McClatchy.

“The sponsor will transcribe Speaker’s remarks as they are being delivered, which should be solely for the Speaker’s records,” according to her contract with the University of Buffalo, which paid her $275,000.

Identical words appear in contracts between the Harry Walker Agency, which represents Clinton, and the University of Connecticut, which paid her $250,000; the University of Nevada at Las Vegas, which paid her $225,000, and the University of California at Los Angeles, which paid her $300,000."

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article59010478.html

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: It was Clinton who required transcripts of her speeches
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:47:16 am »
I really doubt there's anything earth-shaking in what she said...perhaps embarrassing from a far left perspective, because they are so radically extreme.  But I suspect more that she ripped them off with her usual mundane pablum.  If she's reluctant to release them, it's because now she has to run so far left to fight Bernie.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

Re: It was Clinton who required transcripts of her speeches
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 06:44:57 pm »
I really doubt there's anything earth-shaking in what she said...perhaps embarrassing from a far left perspective, because they are so radically extreme.  But I suspect more that she ripped them off with her usual mundane pablum.  If she's reluctant to release them, it's because now she has to run so far left to fight Bernie.
bingo!  that is the only reason she won't release them. she isn't left enough in them.