Author Topic: Donald Trump’s Praise For Cops Angers Left, ‘Black Lives Matter’ Activists  (Read 1553 times)

HAPPY2BME

A pro-police statement by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump at Saturday night’s New Hampshire debate prompted an immediate response from supporters of the Black Lives Matter group.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/07/2962818/

Offline Longiron

Let them be PO. That is what they do to anyone who feel the POLICE are the good guys. The big problem with Balck Lives Matter is they don't matter to BLACKS? **nononono*

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I hope it angers them to demonstrate and riot/burn.

All of it will only draw more support for Donald Trump, who, since before 9-11, has been a strong advocate for the police and first responders.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

HAPPY2BME

I hope it angers them to demonstrate and riot/burn.

All of it will only draw more support for Donald Trump, who, since before 9-11, has been a strong advocate for the police and first responders.

=====================================

Correct.

Donald Trump Issues Shocking Message About “Black Lives Matter”… Police Are Stunned
http://conservativetribune.com/trump-issues-message-police/

Donald Trump Wins Major Police Endorsement After Promising The Death Penalty For Killing An Officer
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/12/11/3731055/donald-trump-police-union-endorsement/

Trump: I will mandate death penalty for killing police officers
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/262897-trump-i-will-mandate-death-penalty-for-killing-police-officers

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I could care less what the black separatists and supremacists, or their supporters think. (*cough* Beyonce *cough*)
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

Any candidate - Democrat or Republican - who fails to speak in support of cops should be looked upon with mistrust. Instead, BLM and the media act like Trump has done something totally bizarre. What a world!  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/07/2962818/

Of course it outraged them. It's cops that interfere with their "Black Discount Shopping",where they bust out windows and load big screen teebees in stolen carts to cart off to the gubmint crib deys lib in.

No jus-tiz,no peas!

No Juz-tiz,no peas!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Any candidate - Democrat or Republican - who fails to speak in support of cops should be looked upon with mistrust. Instead, BLM and the media act like Trump has done something totally bizarre. What a world!  **nononono*

ANY candidate that speaks too fondly of cops should be looked upon with mistrust. That's the sort of thing that leads to police states.

Offline mountaineer

You're right. How dare anyone say something nice about police officers? What was I thinking?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

You're right. How dare anyone say something nice about police officers? What was I thinking?

Most of the cops I meet these days are Aholes on their best days. ALL they care about is "Officer Safety",and I have had some tell me they don't give a damn who lives to go home at night as long as it is them.

I take part of that back. They care a HELL of a lot about all the overtime hours they get to testify in court,vacation time,retirement points,sucking up for promotions,etc,etc,etc.

I know a few good,dedicated cops,but damn few.

Online DCPatriot

Most of the cops I meet these days are Aholes on their best days. ALL they care about is "Officer Safety",and I have had some tell me they don't give a damn who lives to go home at night as long as it is them.

I take part of that back. They care a HELL of a lot about all the overtime hours they get to testify in court,vacation time,retirement points,sucking up for promotions,etc,etc,etc.

I know a few good,dedicated cops,but damn few.

Compelled to say that your opinion of police officers is lacking for such an intelligent fellow.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Compelled to say that your opinion of police officers is lacking for such an intelligent fellow.

We all have different life experiences. I once had the police steal a 1934 Plymouth from me. Arrested me for "suspiscion of car theft" on a Friday night because I had just bought the car a couple of states away,and didn't have a clear title for it in my name. The Lt that arrested me claimed that was legal because "Tn is a title state,and you must have the title with you at all times."

Oddly enough,I was released before the 72 hours was up and they would have to appear before  a judge and file a formal charge,and when I was taken to the impound yard to get my car and the 34 Plymouth I was towing,the 34 Plymouth was gone and neither the cop nor the tow yard people claimed to have ever seen or know anything about it. The cop did tell me if I wasn't out of "his" county in 30 minutes he would arrest me for vagrancy. I was in the army at the time,and he had seen my travel orders and knew I had to report in to Ft.Bragg in 2 days,so I couldn't take a chance on that.

That is just ONE example of bad cops. I also rode custom Harley's I built and had long hair and a beard back in the late 60's and early 70's,before dentists and similar people were riding them. Back then it wasn't unusual for motels to refuse to rent you room if you rode a Harley and it wasn't a dresser. Had cops pull a bunch of crap on me back then,right up to pulling a gun on me and stealing money from my wallet.

Online DCPatriot

We all have different life experiences. I once had the police steal a 1934 Plymouth from me. Arrested me for "suspiscion of car theft" on a Friday night because I had just bought the car a couple of states away,and didn't have a clear title for it in my name. The Lt that arrested me claimed that was legal because "Tn is a title state,and you must have the title with you at all times."

Oddly enough,I was released before the 72 hours was up and they would have to appear before  a judge and file a formal charge,and when I was taken to the impound yard to get my car and the 34 Plymouth I was towing,the 34 Plymouth was gone and neither the cop nor the tow yard people claimed to have ever seen or know anything about it. The cop did tell me if I wasn't out of "his" county in 30 minutes he would arrest me for vagrancy. I was in the army at the time,and he had seen my travel orders and knew I had to report in to Ft.Bragg in 2 days,so I couldn't take a chance on that.

That is just ONE example of bad cops. I also rode custom Harley's I built and had long hair and a beard back in the late 60's and early 70's,before dentists and similar people were riding them. Back then it wasn't unusual for motels to refuse to rent you room if you rode a Harley and it wasn't a dresser. Had cops pull a bunch of crap on me back then,right up to pulling a gun on me and stealing money from my wallet.

Yikes!   Different life experiences indeed! 

That said, your first sentence in your original post was that "Most of the cops I meet these days are Aholes on their best days. ALL they care about is "Officer Safety", and I have had some tell me they don't give a damn who lives to go home at night as long as it is them."

So, hopefully you understand the direction from which I was coming.    :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Most of the cops I meet these days are Aholes on their best days.

You have probably never heard of the mirror effect. But it occurs to me this is your situation with cops.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You have probably never heard of the mirror effect. But it occurs to me this is your situation with cops.

Could be,or maybe they are just buttholes to begin with?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"A pro-police statement by Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump at Saturday night’s New Hampshire debate prompted an immediate response from supporters of the Black Lives Matter group."

The more publicity this gets, the more votes Mr. Trump will get...

Offline mountaineer

Could be,or maybe they are just buttholes to begin with?
Well, as long as you're not making sweeping generalizations, or anything.  :whistle:

Offline Paladin

Well, as long as you're not making sweeping generalizations, or anything.  :whistle:

Good grief, Mountaineer, didn't you read his heart rending story? It proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that all police, everywhere, and at all times are Aholes. Including this one:

"KENMORE, N.Y. -- A four-year-old boy is alive thanks to the heroic efforts of a Kenmore Police Officer who risked her own life to save his.

Police say the boy started a fire at his Kenmore home on Wednesday while playing with a lighter.

In her eight years on the Kenmore Police force, Officer Jo-Anne Davis has seen a lot.

But Wednesday morning, she happened to be in the right place at the right time and ran into the burning building to save the child's life.

"The grandmother, I heard yelling that her grandson was in the house somewhere. I didn't see her. I just heard her. The living room was filled with smoke," recalls Officer Davis.

It only took Officer Davis 31 seconds to arrive at the North End Avenue home after the 911 call came in. She immediately ran upstairs to look for the boy, who was not answering when she yelled his name.

"Found him in one of the bedrooms. He was curled up in a ball with his arms wrapped around his legs, and he was, he wasn't saying anything, so scooped him up off the bed, and put him up on my hip, ran down the stairs, and we ran out the back door through the kitchen," says Davis.

Her colleagues were quick to praise her actions.

"There was a child involved, and she didn't give any concern for her own safety and entered," says Lt. David Stapleton."

http://legacy.wgrz.com/story/news/local/wny/2015/06/14/kenmore-police-officer-saves-child-from-burning-home/71230276/
Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Good grief, Mountaineer, didn't you read his heart rending story? It proved to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that all police, everywhere, and at all times are Aholes. Including this one:

"KENMORE, N.Y. -- A four-year-old boy is alive thanks to the heroic efforts of a Kenmore Police Officer who risked her own life to save his.

Police say the boy started a fire at his Kenmore home on Wednesday while playing with a lighter.

In her eight years on the Kenmore Police force, Officer Jo-Anne Davis has seen a lot.

But Wednesday morning, she happened to be in the right place at the right time and ran into the burning building to save the child's life.

"The grandmother, I heard yelling that her grandson was in the house somewhere. I didn't see her. I just heard her. The living room was filled with smoke," recalls Officer Davis.

It only took Officer Davis 31 seconds to arrive at the North End Avenue home after the 911 call came in. She immediately ran upstairs to look for the boy, who was not answering when she yelled his name.

"Found him in one of the bedrooms. He was curled up in a ball with his arms wrapped around his legs, and he was, he wasn't saying anything, so scooped him up off the bed, and put him up on my hip, ran down the stairs, and we ran out the back door through the kitchen," says Davis.

Her colleagues were quick to praise her actions.

"There was a child involved, and she didn't give any concern for her own safety and entered," says Lt. David Stapleton."

http://legacy.wgrz.com/story/news/local/wny/2015/06/14/kenmore-police-officer-saves-child-from-burning-home/71230276/

WOW! ONE story about ONE cop proves beyond all shadow of a doubt that I was wrong and ALL cops are as pure as the driven snow!

What the HELL was I thinking?  (sarcasm,and noted because it probably went right over your head)

Offline Paladin

"What the HELL was I thinking?  (sarcasm,and noted because it probably went right over your head)"

Really? I suggest you reread my response to you.

Members of the anti-Trump cabal: Now that Mr Trump has sewn up the nomination, I want you to know I feel your pain.

Offline mountaineer

WOW! ONE story about ONE cop proves beyond all shadow of a doubt that I was wrong and ALL cops are as pure as the driven snow!

What the HELL was I thinking?  (sarcasm,and noted because it probably went right over your head)
This really isn't very difficult: Not all cops are perfect. But not all cops are as you describe them, either.