Author Topic: Chris Christie Gloats: Establishment Push To Crown Marco Rubio, ‘That’s Over’  (Read 439 times)

HAPPY2BME

7 Feb 2016

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie celebrated his debate performance this morning, suggesting that Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)’s “coronation” was put on hold by his bad performance at the ABC News debate Saturday night.

“I think the whole race changed last night,” Christie said in an interview with CNN’s Jake Tapper on State of the Union. “Because you know there was a march amongst some of the chattering class to anoint Senator Rubio.”

“I think after last night, that’s over,” he said.

Rubio was widely panned by pundits for repeating the same scripted talking-point four times in the debate, while he was trying to explain how he was qualified to be president.

He argued that Rubio was not ready to face Hillary Clinton, citing the debate as proof. “We need someone who’s been tested and ready to go against Hillary Clinton … she’s an experienced Washington insider, and you better have somebody on there that can take her on,” Christie said. “Senator Rubio proved last night he can’t do that. Now let’s go to the next phase and I’m ready to go.”

When asked how well Christie expected to do in New Hampshire, he suggested that anything could happen now that he had shaken up the race. “I think there could be four or five tickets now out of New Hampshire,” he said. “Because the race is so unsettled now.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/07/chris-christie-gloats-establishment-march-to-anoint-marco-rubio-is-over/

HAPPY2BME

coronation

: a ceremony in which a crown is placed on the head of a new king or queen

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
He has his scalp, his trophy.  Don't think it will propel Christie (but who knows?) but it has shown Rubio to be not ready for prime time.  Give Rubio a decade, he can learn from this experience and with some maturity, and perhaps a different position of responsibility outside of the Senate, be an excellent leader with some aging.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx