Author Topic: The Classiest Debate Moment That No-One Noticed – Never Leave A Good Man Down…  (Read 685 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016/02/07/the-classiest-debate-moment-that-no-one-noticed-never-leave-a-good-man-down/

The Classiest Debate Moment That No-One Noticed – Never Leave A Good Man Down…
Posted on February 7, 2016   by sundance

Few people will talk about this, and fewer will even want to acknowledge it, but what Donald Trump did before the debate even began shows the measure of a real man’s worth.

At the beginning of the ABC debate, each of the candidates were being introduced in a specific order.  The first name called to the stage was Chris Christie.  The applause was loud and lingered through the time when Martha Raddatz called the second candidate Ben Carson.

Dr. Carson did not hear his name called (easy to understand why when you listen to the video) and stood in the entry-way.  The moderators, with their backs to the candidates, didn’t notice his absence and called the third name on the list, Ted Cruz.

Ted walked past Dr. Carson and onto the stage.  Carson remained in the awkward, and embarrassing position, ‘no-mans-land’, on-camera but out of sight of the live audience.

What happened next shows the remarkable character of Donald Trump.

The fourth name called was Donald Trump, but by then the back-stage crew and candidates were aware of Dr. Carsons’ position.  Trump slowly approached, and then realized the embarrassing position of a fellow candidate hanging in the wind.

Trump showed his leadership by standing right next to his friend, and not walking onto the stage.

The other names continued to be called, and proceeded as mentioned.  But not Donald Trump, he remained with his colleague thereby reducing the internal anxiety felt by Carson.

It would have been very easy for Trump to walk by Ben, just like all the other candidates did.  But instead he chose to wait, and remove the embarrassment factor by infinite magnitudes.

Then, like a boss, when Dr. Carson was called to the stage, Trump waited and allowed Ben to get the audience response and appreciation.  It takes a lot of courage to make split second decisions like this, and it shows a remarkable insight into the man’s character.

Watch at above link
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
What? Don't you know he's a: megalomaniacal demagogic narcissist who is only concerned about himself?  I can read that right here every 30 seconds if I cared to bother...
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline Right_in_Virginia

It was a spontaneous and gracious moment by Trump.  I was surprised that Cruz wasn't the least bit interested in why he was  standing there.  Cruz simply shifted his path and zipped right by him.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 03:53:22 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sinkspur

Yes. Trump is a man of remarkable character.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/26/donald-trump-mocks-reporter-with-disability-berman-sot-ac.cnn
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2015/11/26/donald-trump-mocks-reporter-with-disability-berman-sot-ac.cnn

And your comment on this article is:   __________________________________

Offline katzenjammer

It was a spontaneous and gracious moment by Trump.  I was surprised that Cruz wasn't the least bit interested in why he was  standing there.  Cruz simply shifted his path and zipped right by him.

Precisely, you could tell from his facial expressions and body language.  He saw a fellow candidate standing alone, knew that something was amiss, so rather than rush right by him like the others, Trump's immediate reaction was to stand with Ben to take away the isolation that Carson found himself in.

Offline sinkspur

Trump is a man of low character.

One self-serving moment does not obviate his long list of insults and ridicule.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Yes, Trump showed true class.  I'm glad that was caught on camera, showed the other candidates breezing right on by Carson - some of them probably would have knocked him down if he had been in their way.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

What? Don't you know he's a: megalomaniacal demagogic narcissist who is only concerned about himself?  I can read that right here every 30 seconds if I cared to bother...

Every personal story of a friend or colleague, or even a passing acquaintance of Donald Trump, tells the same story of a remarkable billionaire who is kind, gracious and humble in person. Sorry, if the facts bother those who wish Trump would simply go away; but, Trump's the real deal and here to stay.

Hatefest in 3 2 1....

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

This is the same guy who a few months ago, compared his so-called friend to a child molester. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/11/13/trump-rips-ben-carson-backstory-in-marathon-iowa-speech.html
I suspect Trump saw the camera and an opportunity and took advantage of it. Ever the opportunist.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:10:34 pm by AbaraXas »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Yes, Trump showed true class.  I'm glad that was caught on camera, showed the other candidates breezing right on by Carson - some of them probably would have knocked him down if he had been in their way.

Then why didn't he prompt Carson to go up to the stage, maybe whisper 'you missed your entrance' to him instead of just standing there, obviously taking advantage of Carson's embarrassing moment for himself. True class would have been to help remedy the situation, not jump in front of the camera smiling like you are taking care of a special needs kid.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Trump is a man of low character.

One self-serving moment does not obviate his long list of insults and ridicule.

Oh, it's self-serving then...well then it is obvious that the old dog thinks on his feet a lot better than your little puppy does.  Maybe your pup needs some seasoning.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 05:49:32 pm by Scottftlc »
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline sinkspur

I've been back three days and haven't caused a ripple.

If this is the kind of stuff that is going to be allowed here, then I'm leaving.

No doubt.  No doubt at all.   **nononono*

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
It only happened to be a coincidence that Trump and Carson were tag-teaming on the attack on Ted Cruz, blaming him for Carson's own vague statement about returning to Florida being "misinterpreted" as a suspension of the campaign.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline GAJohnnie

I think people might want to keep in mind there is no reason to rush around posting like an ass. You are more then welcome to simply skip over a topic rather the feel the need to come pollute a thread  with your emotion based ad homine attacks.

Offline GAJohnnie

I've been back three days and haven't caused a ripple.

If this is the kind of stuff that is going to be allowed here, then I'm leaving.

You just had to come here and throw punches. You have no grounds to complain if people punch back. Don't expect one standard for yourself and a different one of those responding to you.

Here is a suggestion for the habitual snarkers. instead of polluting this forum with these habitual emotional tirades at the other candiates, spend your time making the case FOR you candidate instead.

Offline aligncare

You just had to come here and throw punches. You have no grounds to complain if people punch back. Don't expect one standard for yourself and a different one of those responding to you.

Here is a suggestion for the habitual snarkers. instead of polluting this forum with these habitual emotional tirades at the other candiates, spend your time making the case FOR you candidate instead.

That's what I've been doing 99% of my time--explaining why I think Donald Trump is an excellent candidate for president.

However, others spend 99% of their time attacking Donald Trump. Gee! I wonder why that is?