Author Topic: Rubio's Tough Night  (Read 5757 times)

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Rubio's Tough Night
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2016, 04:20:13 pm »
That none of Christie's bullying ever benefits him.  You left out that line.

Christie is a bully, and if he's your Governor, he's "your bully" which is why he remains very popular with his constituents. But outside of NJ he is an ass.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2016, 04:23:28 pm »
What the debate last night showed to be glaringly obvious is that Rubio is an articulate lightweight.  I can't see him dealing with a strong hand the powerful people in the world.  He doesn't want to run for a second term in the Senate, but he feels he is ready to be the President of the United States? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2016, 04:27:13 pm »
What the debate last night showed to be glaringly obvious is that Rubio is an articulate lightweight.  I can't see him dealing with a strong hand the powerful people in the world.  He doesn't want to run for a second term in the Senate, but he feels he is ready to be the President of the United States?

Maybe. But he is miles ahead in terms of policy prescriptions and knowledge of His Hairness.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 04:29:47 pm »
Obama's a flaming liberal and he's done his best to push that agenda forward. He doesn't see it as destructive.

When you promise that your are going to "Transform the United States of America", first you must destruct what's in place.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2016, 04:31:59 pm »
The point that Christie made, to any thinking person, is that he is a desperate man with an all-but-dead campaign who now understands that simply reminding everyone, over and over again, that he was a prosecutor isn't working, so he needs to score points NOT by standing on his all-but-non-existent record as a conservative Executive, but rather by appealing to the same ilk that see sophomoric Twitter insults and dropping the "f bomb" in public speeches as attractibe qualities in someone seeing to be the leader of the greatest nation on Earth.

I really don't think you mean "any" thinking person, do you?

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2016, 04:34:09 pm »
That none of Christie's bullying ever benefits him.  You left out that line.

Well that would depend on his brass ring, wouldn't it?  Not everyone on that stage is shooting for the top spot.

Lots of auditioning on that stage last night.

Just sayin'.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2016, 04:49:00 pm »
I really don't think you mean "any" thinking person, do you?

I do.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2016, 07:14:36 pm »
I do.

Rather pompous, but candid none-the-less. 

Thanks.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2016, 07:33:05 pm »

Thanks.

I'm not running for anything, which gives me the privilege and the ability to say anything I think without concern over who thinks what of it.

Kind of like Trump, but without a fortune built on Daddy's money under me to cushion my fall.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2016, 07:43:20 pm »

Thanks.

BTW, why on Earth would I mean anything OTHER than "any"?

To say anything other than "any" would allow for the possibility that I am wrong, and as such, not a thinking conservative.

I don't see a whole lot of people in these kinds of forums posting anything that they're not completely convinced they're right about, and that all people in their right minds agree with them, those who disagree being RINOs, knuckle dragging retrogrades, trolls or just plain stupid.

So if thinking that I am right and everyone who disagrees with me is wrong and not thinking things through makes me pompous, then I am in the perfect habitat and swimming in an ocean of pomposity.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 07:45:06 pm »

I'm not running for anything, which gives me the privilege and the ability to say anything I think without concern over who thinks what of it.

Kind of like Trump, but without a fortune built on Daddy's money under me to cushion my fall.

Give it a rest, Luis..

A $1 Million dollar inheritance that Donald Trump turned into $10 Billion.

That's a ten thousand percent increase, for anyone not very good at math.    :whistle:

« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 07:47:05 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2016, 07:57:36 pm »
Give it a rest, Luis..

A $1 Million dollar inheritance that Donald Trump turned into $10 Billion.

That's a ten thousand percent increase, for anyone not very good at math.    :whistle:

When Daddy Trump died he was worth $250-$300 million. That money went somewhere.

When Donald took over his Dad's Real State business, it was worth about $200 million. That was divided along the five Trump scions.

$200 million/5= $40 million.

That's math too, isn't it?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2016, 08:55:33 pm »
When Daddy Trump died he was worth $250-$300 million. That money went somewhere.

When Donald took over his Dad's Real State business, it was worth about $200 million. That was divided along the five Trump scions.

$200 million/5= $40 million.

That's math too, isn't it?

$40 Million X 250,000 = $10,000,000,000.

IOW, using your scenario he DOUBLED his original investment....a quarter of a million times.

You sure you want to continue this conversation?

:laugh:     :beer:

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2016, 09:03:48 pm »
$40 Million X 250,000 = $10,000,000,000.

IOW, using your scenario he DOUBLED his original investment....a quarter of a million times.

You sure you want to continue this conversation?

:laugh:     :beer:

So then, you admit that the whole "started with a million dollars" thing was bullshit?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2016, 09:19:15 pm »
I guess that if we say that great financial and business achievements qualifies one for POTUS, then I say Shawn Carter for President.

Born broke in 1969, he's now worth in excess of half a billion dollars, AND he's married to Beyoncé.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »

I have to give Rubio credit, he held himself together thru all that bashing.... still won't vote for him, but I was impressed.
Christie was pretty rough on him... :)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2016, 09:32:31 pm »
I have to give Rubio credit, he held himself together thru all that bashing.... still won't vote for him, but I was impressed.
Christie was pretty rough on him... :)

Christie expanded my "won't vote for" list last night. Rubio is climbing up on my candidate of choice list by attrition.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2016, 10:04:12 pm »
I guess that if we say that great financial and business achievements qualifies one for POTUS, then I say Shawn Carter for President.

Born broke in 1969, he's now worth in excess of half a billion dollars, AND he's married to Beyoncé.

How many jobs did he create on his way to his American Dream... How much added value to others ... Or is it all just personal enrichment with him. There are salient differences between this person's wealth acquisition and Donald Trump's.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 10:07:24 pm »
So then, you admit that the whole "started with a million dollars" thing was bullshit?

Not at all.

I read and heard it was $1 million dollars to start his business.   You obviously read and heard it was $40 Million.  So what?

Just using YOUR figure, Luis.

And doubling/increasing a $40M investment 250,000 times ain't bad.

Is it?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 10:09:26 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 10:12:58 pm »
How many jobs did he create on his way to his American Dream... How much added value to others ... Or is it all just personal enrichment with him. There are salient differences between this person's wealth acquisition and Donald Trump's.

Quite a few. And he didn't have a billion dollar head start (adjusted for inflation that $200 real estate company Donald took over in 1974 would equal @$1billion today).

Employees of Jay’s Roc Nation company were reportedly abuzz with excitement when they received the payout in their checks, with some even circling back to Jay-Z’s personal assistants to ensure that there wasn’t an accounting error.

Those who are employed at Jay-Z and wife Beyonce’s three homes as well as the nightclub workers at his Manhattan 40/40 Club reportedly reaped the benefits of their boss’ federal windfall too.

Good life Magazine says that according to an unnamed source, who spoke to the Star Magazine, Jay-Z is far from being tight-fisted with his cash flow.  In fact, “he even promised another bonus for Christmas. He’s extremely generous – most celebrities are super cheap when it comes to running their businesses. He knows if his employees are happy, it will benefit him in the long run. His only demand was for everyone to have fun with the money.”

Jay-Z, or Hova, as he is affectionately referred to, also has a minority stake in NBA’s Brooklyn Nets and is also the co-creator of the clothing line Rocawear. And since founding the sports agency Roc Nation Sports, Jay-Z has become a certified NBA and MLB sports agent.

The 43-year-old entrepreneur is also co-founder of Roc-A-Fella Records. As an artist, he has surpassed many of his peers to become one of the most-successful rap artists of all time. Jay’s most-recent single, Last month, Jay-Z released his latest album, “Magna Carta…Holy Grail.”

How much of a bonus?

$50K each.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #45 on: February 07, 2016, 10:16:59 pm »
Not at all.

I read and heard it was $1 million dollars to start his business.   You obviously read and heard it was $40 Million.  So what?

Just using YOUR figure, Luis.

And doubling/increasing a $40M investment 250,000 times ain't bad.

Is it?

I'm not using "my" figure. I'm using THE figure.

You're accepting Trump's figure.

BTW, the growth of his fortune perfectly coincides with the overall growth in the S&P index between 1974 and today.

And you're right... not bad. But that doesn't qualify him to be CiC any more than it qualifies Jay Z.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2016, 03:14:14 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 04:09:54 pm »
Rubio got put on the grill and he withered a bit. Not so much in substance but in style. If he has busted some fannie in NH and does well he can recover toward SC. He just needs to get a bit more nimble and prepared. And be ready to hammer Christie next time.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 04:32:19 pm »
Yep. Christie took the night to trash Rubio and he did a pretty good job of it. And he's done it to Trump too.

Except his bullying never seems to benefit him. The Obama hug doomed him.

What I'm hoping is that New Hampshire voters will agree with Christie that Rubio (and Cruz and Trump) all lack the experience to be President, but disagree that Christie's the best choice.  By far the most qualified, experienced and temperate governor is John Kasich.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 04:37:24 pm »
What I'm hoping is that New Hampshire voters will agree with Christie that Rubio (and Cruz and Trump) all lack the experience to be President, but disagree that Christie's the best choice.  By far the most qualified, experienced and temperate governor is John Kasich.

I'm hoping that enough people finally realize that this once great republic is hanging by a thread and our ONLY chance to prevent it's complete failure is TED Cruz in 2016!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 04:43:24 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien