Author Topic: Stunner: Obama Has Investments In Gun Manufacturing Companies  (Read 317 times)

rangerrebew

Stunner: Obama Has Investments In Gun Manufacturing Companies
« on: February 06, 2016, 02:23:07 pm »
Stunner: Obama Has Investments In Gun Manufacturing Companies

Brian Anderson
February 5, 2016

Considering how rabidly anti-gun Obama is, it’s a bit of a shock that he owns stock in firearms manufacturing companies. Okay, he’s completely full of shit, so maybe “shocking” is the wrong word here. It is pretty hypocritical though, after how hard he has worked to subvert our 2nd Amendment rights.

Reuters reports:

Barack Obama might seem an unlikely investor in the firearms industry. But the U.S. president, a fierce advocate for gun regulation, has money in a pension fund that holds stock in gun and ammunition companies.

It turns out that Obama has a $50,000 to $100,000 investment in the Illinois General Assembly’s pension plan, which he got for doing nothing as the state’s senator. That investment takes the form of a mutual fund, which includes stocks in Smith & Wesson, Sturm, Ruger, & Co., and ammo manufacturer Vista Outdoor Inc.

Consider this: since Obama has taken office, gun stocks have soared. Ruger stock was trading at $4.50 a share the Tuesday before Obama was elected in 2008. Today that stock is going for $61.61 a share.

When he first took office, there was a panic buy and run on ammo because people were terrified he was going to enact unconstitutional gun control. Every time there is a high profile shooting, this frenzy repeats itself because Obama threatens action on guns and praises countries like Australia, who have confiscated guns from the people.

Obama has been called the world’s best gun salesman, something he acknowledges:

“I think it’s useful to keep in mind I’ve been now president for over seven years and gun sales don’t seem to have suffered during that time,” Obama said earlier this month. “I’ve been very good for gun manufacturers.”

So if Obama admits that the things he says and does can be a windfall for the gun industry and he has investments in gun manufacturers, wouldn’t this be considered insider trading? No seriously. He has the ability to manipulate the price of the stock and he benefits from it. Why isn’t the Securities and Exchange Commission investigating him?

If a CEO hides news that his crappy leadership is going to sink a company and dumps his shares before everyone else finds out the company is in trouble, that CEO goes to jail. I don’t see any difference between that and what Obama is doing. It’s manipulating the price of the stock for personal gain and it’s a crime.

The Reuters report is quick to point out that many people don’t realize what companies they invest in through mutual funds and often times it’s hard to divest from these things because the liberal media never wants to paint Obama in an unfavorable light. I say, if you are so against something, like Obama is with guns, you shouldn’t have your money in those kinds of companies.

Not that this is a thing, but I would never invest in Planned Parenthood, Black Lives Matter, or the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, because I don’t believe what those organizations stand for. If Obama, like all democrats, thinks gun manufacturers are merchants of death, he shouldn’t have a dime of investment in them. In addition to being the most lawless president we’ve ever had, he is also the one with the least amount of integrity.

http://downtrend.com/71superb/stunner-obama-has-investments-in-gun-manufacturing-companies
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 02:24:09 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

Re: Stunner: Obama Has Investments In Gun Manufacturing Companies
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 02:25:59 pm »
What a brilliant move!!  He figured out that whenever he talks about gun control, gun sales go up.  So as long as he keeps talking about gun control, its money in the bank. :Obounce:

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Stunner: Obama Has Investments In Gun Manufacturing Companies
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 02:33:32 pm »
It makes sense to me.  Obama is greatest gun salesman in the history of the USA.  Why wouldn't he capitalize on it?