Author Topic: Ben Carson: Iowa Is Just Like Benghazi. Or Something  (Read 401 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ben Carson: Iowa Is Just Like Benghazi. Or Something
« on: February 05, 2016, 11:06:49 pm »
Ben Carson was on Todd Starnes’s radio show today. The only thing notable was that it is apparent that Carson’s obsession over the Iowa non-troversy, despite him finishing better than expected, is either pathological… or, if Erick Erickson is correct, a contrived fundraising gimmick.

Ben Carson questioned the Christian morality of Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign for their actions the night of the Iowa caucuses, adding that Cruz’s response to his campaign’s actions was akin to Hillary Clinton’s reaction to the Benghazi attacks.

Asked by Todd Starnes if he was “satisfied with the way Sen. Cruz has handled himself as Christian” over the incident in Iowa, Carson said, “Well, let me put it this way, it’s not the way that I would have handled it.”

“I would have said if I didn’t agree with what’s being — which he did say that — I would make sure that it didn’t happen again,” Carson continued. “And I would take corrective action. Not to take corrective action is tacitly saying it’s okay, or it’s sort of like, as Hillary Clinton said after Benghazi, ‘what difference does it make.’”

“I’m not saying that it rises to the level up Benghazi, I’m saying it’s the same kind of attitude,” he said, when pressed by Starnes if the controversy rose to the level of Benghazi. “The attitude being, it’s water under the bridge, it’s gone by, let’s not deal with it.”

http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/02/05/ben-carson-iowa-just-like-benghazi.-something./

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Ben Carson: Iowa Is Just Like Benghazi. Or Something
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 05:57:14 am »
I have lost all respect for Carson over this.  I guess a person can seem noble until they are tested.  This entire think is team Carson's fault.  Second is CNN.  Frankly Cruz and the other teams (teams Rubio and Paul did it too NEWSFLASH), but they were just following the story.  To be sorry for it is just on the level that you are sorry when someone is sick (even self inflicted).  It does not mean guilt in this case.

Carson is very bad on immigration, weak on social issues, weak on the economy, weak on education, weak on the environment, weak on national security and on and on.  His 10% was about his charm.  Say good bye to that.

Yeah, very weird on Carson's part.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Ben Carson: Iowa Is Just Like Benghazi. Or Something
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:14:51 am »
I don't have a problem with Carson saying it sucks that other candidates were saying he dropped out.  Is he partially to blame for going back to FL?  Sure.  Is CNN partially to blame?  Sure.  Did the other candidates take advantage of CNN's bewildering credibility?  Absolutely, and I think it is perfectly proper for Carson to complain about it.

I am used to politicians making hyperbolic comparisons to things like "Benghazi."  In the age of Trump it didn't even get a rise out of me.

I never saw Carson as a realistic candidate before, because he has never held statewide office...in fact he has never been elected to any local office, so perhaps there is no disillusionment for me.

But after all the wild things he has already said this one seems kind of blah.