Author Topic: Ted Cruz's Camp Did Not Start Rumor Ben Carson Dropping Out- CNN Reported it First.  (Read 4945 times)

Offline aligncare

Ted Cruz may not have started the rumor, but his campaign did nothing to stop it by correcting their operatives the story was false...after having informed them the story was true.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
You do NOT tell voters another candidate is dropping out and then tell them to vote for Cruz so they don't waste their vote -

- UNTIL -

- you VERIFY it!

That is dirty politics and it says something about Ted Cruz that his people think that's OK.  That could have had an effect on the results.

Dirty, nasty and creepy.

Not what I expect from a "principled" conservative. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

You do NOT tell voters another candidate is dropping out and then tell them to vote for Cruz so they don't waste their vote -

- UNTIL -

- you VERIFY it!

That is dirty politics and it says something about Ted Cruz that his people think that's OK.  That could have had an effect on the results.

Dirty, nasty and creepy.

Not what I expect from a "principled" conservative. 

Ted Cruz claims he's a "consistent" conservative. Didn't a notable figure once say something about "consistency?"

“A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines. With consistency a great soul has simply nothing to do..."  - Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/353571-a-foolish-consistency-is-the-hobgoblin-of-little-minds-adored

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Meh, passing on something the news reported (then not retracting it) - dirty and unethical.
Putting a candidates name in the same sentence as pedophile - fighting for the nomination.

Let's be careful with ethical stones here.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

Meh, passing on something the news reported (then not retracting it) - dirty and unethical.
Putting a candidates name in the same sentence as pedophile - fighting for the nomination.

Amen!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

If I remember correctly - plenty of "ethical stones" over the pedophile reference and lots of other things have been thrown around here about Donald Trump - 24/7.  Posters have been quick to make sure everyone knows how "unprincipled" they think HE is. 

I'm throwing an ethical stone back at someone who I think is showing himself not to be as "principled" as his followers keep telling me he is.  If it's a big deal and a dealbreaker for them when other candidates do it - then it's a big deal and a dealbreaker (for me) when Mr. Conservative with pure morals does it. 

In fact , it's a BIGGER deal. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Offline NavyCanDo

There was a lot more than the CNN report that led to the belief that Carson was considering dropping from the race. Just three weeks ago Ben Carson’s N.H. super PAC staffers quit to volunteer for Ted Cruz.

Five paid New Hampshire staffers at the Ben Carson 2016 Committee super PAC reportedly resigned from their posts on Sunday to become volunteers for Republican rival presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jan/11/ben-carsons-nh-super-pac-staffers-quit-to-voluntee/

With that and CNN announcing that Carson was not going to New Hampshire, it is perfectly understandable that  Cruz's staff thought it would be a opportune time to encourage Carson supporters more closely aligned with Cruz to consider switching.    This was a caucus - and one big difference between a caucus from a Primary, is it is the goal of each candidate to sell themselves to all the Republicans attending the caucuses. They hope to encourage not only the undecided voters to vote for them, but also encourage as many as possible to switch candidates. Which is why Rubio, Cruz, and yes, Trump used their speech to praise Huckabee knowing he dropped out - chumming for Huckabee supporters.   The exact same thing Cruz is  now being called a cheater for.     
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn