Author Topic: Rand Paul Aide Blames Trump For Failed Presidential Bid  (Read 450 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Rand Paul Aide Blames Trump For Failed Presidential Bid
« on: February 04, 2016, 04:32:18 am »
A top staffer for Sen. Rand Paul’s campaign said Wednesday that Donald Trump was a key reason for Paul’s failed presidential bid.

Republican Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul announced Wednesday morning that he was dropping out of the race for the White House after a poor performance at the Iowa Caucuses. Paul’s Chief Strategist Doug Stafford led a conference call with reporters Wednesday morning where he said Trump sucked the “oxygen out of the room,” making it nearly impossible for Paul to get his message out.

Stafford called Trump a “larger than life outsider who commanded so much of the attention.” He said it “really played into it being more difficult to get the message out than anyone anticipated.”

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/42083-2/#ixzz3zAdEYye7
Follow us: @TheLibRepublic on Twitter

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: Rand Paul Aide Blames Trump For Failed Presidential Bid
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 04:59:47 am »
Rand Paul's early exit is a true loss for the nomination process.    I want the Republican party to be known as a welcome home for libertarians,  and Paul was often the brightest light in the debates - and unafraid to take on Trump.

To be fair, what likely sucked the oxygen out of the room for Paul is ISIS.   The public would be more willing to buy Paul's product in safer times.     
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 05:09:11 am »
Rand Paul's early exit is a true loss for the nomination process.    I want the Republican party to be known as a welcome home for libertarians,  and Paul was often the brightest light in the debates - and unafraid to take on Trump.

To be fair, what likely sucked the oxygen out of the room for Paul is ISIS.   The public would be more willing to buy Paul's product in safer times.     

I think you make a good point.  I've said that Rand Paul would be an excellent candidate - in another time.  He's young, there's still time for him.  Right now, I'll be glad to be able to keep him as my Senator. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 05:32:53 am »
A top staffer for Sen. Rand Paul’s campaign said Wednesday that Donald Trump was a key reason for Paul’s failed presidential bid.

Silly me. I would have thought the key reason for Paul's failed bid was his self serving and strong support for Mitch McConnell's reelection.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 06:22:37 am »
Silly me. I would have thought the key reason for Paul's failed bid was his self serving and strong support for Mitch McConnell's reelection.

You definitely have a point there!  Rand did himself no favors by endorsing Mitch.  It was a disappointment to me too.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 06:32:06 am »

==============================

slugs