Author Topic: No, Cruz Didn't Win Iowa By Cheating. Here's Why Trump's Pushing That Narrative  (Read 1287 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailywire.com/news/3099/no-cruz-didnt-win-iowa-cheating-heres-why-trumps-ben-shapiro

By:
Ben Shapiro

No, Ted Cruz did not cheat to win Iowa.

This is the latest charge from Donald Trump, who has been flailing about for an explanation as to how The Yugest Winner™ became Iowa’s Biggest Loser. First he said he had no real ground game in Iowa; then he claimed that the media sandbagged him; now he’s explaining that he was thwarted by Cruz’s evil Canadian usurpation.

Yesterday, Trump ripped into Cruz for supposedly lying about Ben Carson’s decision to leave Iowa early, as well as the Cruz campaign mailer telling Iowans whether they had voted in previous elections. He then added, “No, it’s honestly really, really dishonest. And I think I know why. You know why? Because he was born in Canada…He gets the nomination, they’re going to sue his ass off.”

continued
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HAPPY2BME

First he said he had no real ground game in Iowa ..

================================

Assumptive.

If Trump 'had no ground game' in Iowa, why did he come in second?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Name recognition and free media publicity.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Bingo. He was polling first there before the ground game started. His polling wasn't from door knocking.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
================================

Assumptive.

If he did have ground game in Iowa, why didn't he come in first?
The Republic is lost.

Offline musiclady

Exactly.  100% name recognition, and wall to wall free media (helped along by the fact that he continues to say and do outrageous and immature things to keep his name in the news).
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

Bingo. He was polling first there before the ground game started. His polling wasn't from door knocking.

Whereas Cruz did the "full Grassley"........ hitting every county in the state.

Trump also dissed the Iowa voters by his childish histrionics about Megyn Kelly and his boycotting the debate.

That couldn't have helped.

But that, of course, won't stop the whining.....   **nononono*

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Whereas Cruz did the "full Grassley"........ hitting every county in the state.

Trump also dissed the Iowa voters by his childish histrionics about Megyn Kelly and his boycotting the debate.

That couldn't have helped.

But that, of course, won't stop the whining.....   **nononono*

Nor wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Offline GAJohnnie

Despite the full non stop support of the "Conservative" Media and the "greatest ground game in history" why did Cruz come out of Iowa with only 1 more delegate then Trump and Rubio?

Cruz and Trump are going to eat each other and hand the nomination to "the third way" Rubio with this nonsense

Online Lando Lincoln

Here is what is echoing through the caverns of my brain - and I suspect it has been mentioned by others:

DT said something to the effect that he would not run third party unless he was treated "unfairly".  Table is being set.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Here is what is echoing through the caverns of my brain - and I suspect it has been mentioned by others:

DT said something to the effect that he would not run third party unless he was treated "unfairly".  Table is being set.

I hope you're wrong, but it sounds pretty likely.  And, then we can say hello to a Bernie/Hillary presidency.  God help us.

Offline musiclady

A frightening, yet perfectly reasonable thought...... 

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
:shrug:    :whistle:

http://conservativepost.com/ben-carson-cries-fraud-claims-ted-cruz-cheated-him-in-iowa/

I see a claim, and I see a conclusion, but I don't quite see how the underpants got sold.
The Republic is lost.