Author Topic: UN group recommends 'reparatory justice' for African Americans  (Read 1451 times)

Offline flowers

UN group recommends 'reparatory justice' for African Americans
« on: February 01, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/un-group-recommends-reparatory-justice-african-americans-213258469.html?nf=1

A United Nations working group visiting the United States walks away "extremely concerned about the human rights situation of African Americans," members said in a preliminary report released Friday, in which they urged the US government to address the legacy of slavery with "reparatory justice," a national human rights commission, and ongoing criminal justice reform.

"The colonial history, the legacy of enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism, and racial inequality in the US remains a serious challenge as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," wrote members of the UN Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, at the conclusion of a 10-day trip to the United States.

The Working Group is preparing a final report to deliver in September 2016, as part of the International Decade for People of African Descent, which the UN began in 2015 to

Offline mountaineer

Re: UN group recommends 'reparatory justice' for African Americans
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2016, 08:06:22 pm »
"The colonial history, the legacy of enslavement, racial subordination and segregation, racial terrorism, and racial inequality in the US remains a serious challenge as there has been no real commitment to reparations and to truth and reconciliation for people of African descent," wrote members of the UN Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent, at the conclusion of a 10-day trip to the United States.
Handing out money to people a few hundred years after the fact - people who have not experienced enslavement, subordination, etc. - does what, exactly?  It sure as heck doesn't change history.

How about the UN Working Group of Experts pick up the tab for this nonsense, for once?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:20:11 am »
      A United Nations working group visiting the United States walks away "extremely concerned about the human rights situation of African Americans             
   FUC** OFF UN

way  past  time to leave the UN 

kick the bums out and tear the dammed place down
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 01:28:43 am by Charlespg »
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 01:26:50 am »
as i have said for years.....give all at un 30 days to get out. demolish the building and build apts or condos.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:26:57 am »
as i have said for years.....give all at un 30 days to get out. demolish the building and build apts or condos.
Amen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 11:49:08 am »
And in a totally unrelated news report,it is said Bathhouse Barry is trying to be the new leader of the UN.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 11:53:08 am »
I'm curious; I wonder what group of victims is the most victimized in this United States of America?
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 12:09:35 pm »
I'm curious; I wonder what group of victims is the most victimized in this United States of America?

MY opinion is that nobody is more victimized in America today than the blacks that obey the law,marry and raise their children to be responsible adults and citizens,and who do their level best to break the stereotypes while being beaten,threatened,and totally victimized by the black leadership classes and their parasitic  thug followers.

Can you even begin to imagine what a nightmare their lives must be? The hatred blacks exhibit for crackas is nothing compared to the hatred of honest,self-supporting patriotic blacks that earn their way and are proud responsible citizens.

It must be said that the media and the Dim Party bear the responsibility for this. If you listen to the media,there is no such thing as a black that isn't a criminal of one sort or another,or just a loud-mouthed idiot. If you listen to the DNC,blacks are so stupid and lazy that the rest of us are OBLIGATED to feed,water,and house them,just like they are some sort of exotic African pets because "we" moved their ancestors from their natural habitat in the jungle,and brought them here where they can't even hope to cope,never mind compete with whites on a level playing field.

To top it off,the stereotypes of hostile,dangerous,and criminal blacks that are thrown at whites every day means the responsible blacks can't even count on use being the natural allies they would expect us to be because we see all blacks as potential attackers. Hell,the lower class blacks believe this themselves,so why would anyone be surprised that whites and Asians also believe it?

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 12:48:40 pm »
MY opinion is that nobody is more victimized in America today than the blacks that obey the law,marry and raise their children to be responsible adults and citizens,and who do their level best to break the stereotypes while being beaten,threatened,and totally victimized by the black leadership classes and their parasitic  thug followers.

Thoughtful answer to a somewhat flippant question.  So many of these ills are the product of politicians over generations of time.  Those ills are enabled by today's politicians who also aim to fix them.  The havoc we wreak.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 12:57:34 pm »

Can you even begin to imagine what a nightmare their lives must be? The hatred blacks exhibit for crackas is nothing compared to the hatred of honest,self-supporting patriotic blacks that earn their way and are proud responsible citizens.

It must be said that the media and the Dim Party bear the responsibility for this. If you listen to the media,there is no such thing as a black that isn't a criminal of one sort or another,or just a loud-mouthed idiot. If you listen to the DNC,blacks are so stupid and lazy that the rest of us are OBLIGATED to feed,water,and house them,just like they are some sort of exotic African pets because "we" moved their ancestors from their natural habitat in the jungle,and brought them here where they can't even hope to cope,never mind compete with whites on a level playing field.

To top it off,the stereotypes of hostile,dangerous,and criminal blacks that are thrown at whites every day means the responsible blacks can't even count on use being the natural allies they would expect us to be because we see all blacks as potential attackers. Hell,the lower class blacks believe this themselves,so why would anyone be surprised that whites and Asians also believe it?

Great answer sneaky...
Consider this... substitute veterans vs non-veterans, college eductated vs non-college educated, smoker vs non-smoker, white collar vs blue collar or illegal vs legal immigrant and your analysis still applies.
We have elited ourselves to death... dysfunctional is the rule rather than the exception

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 01:47:37 pm »
I wonder when the United Nations will see fit to address the "human rights situation" of Africans living in Africa.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2016, 02:39:48 pm »
Fair enough, IF:

First deduct the cost [in today's dollars] of: The U.S Navy's participation in anti-slave ship patrols before the Civil War, the cost of the Civil war after the effective date of the Emancipation Proclamation, the cost of Reconstruction, the costs of any welfare program that has overwhelmingly been used by Blacks, the costs of affirmative action in loss of opportunity for better qualified non-Blacks, the costs of lawsuits, etc.

Getting an accurate number [with proof] of the number of blacks ACTUALLY descended from slaves, giving a tax write off to every non-Black descended from immigrants who arrived after 1865, and any American resident from before that year who can prove their ancestors owned no slaves.

Oh yeah, and be sure to include in the payor class, Blacks, and Indians who owned slaves.

And, if after that, they owe us more than we owe them, figure out how the government goes about collecting...
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2016, 03:07:14 pm »
So we're going to give money to dead people?
The Republic is lost.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 04:18:07 pm »
Great answer sneaky...
Consider this... substitute veterans vs non-veterans, college eductated vs non-college educated, smoker vs non-smoker, white collar vs blue collar or illegal vs legal immigrant and your analysis still applies.
We have elited ourselves to death... dysfunctional is the rule rather than the exception

Spot on! I remember being a VN veteran with no family or other connections to help me get a new start in life after getting out of the army,and nobody wanting to hire me because "all VN vets are kill crazy drug addicts that have flashbacks". No kidding. I even had a couple tell me they would like to hire me,but couldn't take the chance.

I remember riding a Harley I had built myself,and not even being able to rent a motel room while traveling because too many dweebs had seen too many "Bikers from Hell!" movies and thought they were documentaries.  i even remember some Harley dealers not wanting to sell me parts because my scooter didn't look like the ones they sold,and because I had long hair and a long beard.

The one thing human nature loves us to do is search for differences and pick sides. Probably one of humanities greatest natural flaws even though it was THE survival trait that caused early man to form tribes that guaranteed the survival of mankind.

BUT.....,come to think of it,that trait might help mankind survive again in the next 50 years or so.

How ironic is it that a man many people though was best described as a "troubled loner" because I never went along with something I didn't agree with in order to "get along" would write this?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 04:20:27 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2016, 04:22:11 pm »
I wonder when the United Nations will see fit to address the "human rights situation" of Africans living in Africa.

On the 31st of February,in the year 2525.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 04:24:42 pm »
So we're going to give money to dead people?

In fairness,If you set aside consumption how can you tell the difference in some cases?

Hell,in many places like Philadelphia,the dead come out every few years to vote.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 05:28:35 pm by sneakypete »

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 05:06:20 pm »

Hey, you can't fool me: that was an old Zager and Evans song.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 05:21:40 pm »

If man is still alive......If woman can survive!

Wingnut

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 05:22:29 pm »
Hey, you can't fool me: that was an old Zager and Evans song.

Snap.  Beat me too it!   goopo

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 02:09:02 am »

:amen:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton